Drilling in eastern Hardeman County

Does anyone have any information on the rig that is drilling east of Chillicothe, Texas? I have acreage due south of the Tolbert area or southeast of the Farmers Valley community in Wilbarger County, Texas.

CLINT LILES

Heard this morning at church that it made a well. They went down to 7,000 ft in 11 days and hung pipe now they are going to do some horizonal work. Not sure if this is correct.

Dear Clint,

I have minerals close to and east of Chillicothe, adjacent to and north of the railroad tracks by 287. Could you be more specific about the well location? I now live in Oklahoma and this is the first I have heard of recent drilling activity in that area. Very interested.

Wilson Inc,

As of Nov. 13, 2011 when Susie Osborne posted what she heard in church, I haven't heard anything else. Her post said---"They went down to 7,000 ft in 11 days and hung pipe now they are going to do some horizontal work. Not sure if this is correct."

As of Dec. 2, 2011 I see on the Baker/Hughes Map that another rig has just moved in south of Chillicothe. I am guessing it is 3 to 5 miles south of Chillicothe.

Wilson, Google up--Baker/Hughes Investor Relations, then where it says Rig Count click onto that and scroll down to Interactive Rig Count, when the map comes up click on Texas, and keep clicking on until you get the map pulled up to where Hardeman County would be. The 2 blue triangles are 2 rigs that are drilling(exploring) for oil. This map is replenished every Friday evening. Wilson feel free to email me or call my cell #.............

CLINT LILES

Clint,

Thank you for the info. It should be very helpful. I only found this Hardeman county group this evening. It's nice to be able to talk with people who still live in the area. We are putting up Christmas decorations tonight but am looking forward to getting on the Baker/Hughes website soon as I can. Thanks again.

Have a merry Christmas!

Clint Liles said:

Wilson Inc,

As of Nov. 13, 2011 when Susie Osborne posted what she heard in church, I haven't heard anything else. Her post said---"They went down to 7,000 ft in 11 days and hung pipe now they are going to do some horizontal work. Not sure if this is correct."

As of Dec. 2, 2011 I see on the Baker/Hughes Map that another rig has just moved in south of Chillicothe. I am guessing it is 3 to 5 miles south of Chillicothe.

Wilson, Google up--Baker/Hughes Investor Relations, then where it says Rig Count click onto that and scroll down to Interactive Rig Count, when the map comes up click on Texas, and keep clicking on until you get the map pulled up to where Hardeman County would be. The 2 blue triangles are 2 rigs that are drilling(exploring) for oil. This map is replenished every Friday evening. Wilson feel free to email me or call my cell #.............

CLINT LILES

Wilson Inc said:

Clint,

Thank you for the info. It should be very helpful. I only found this Hardeman county group this evening. It's nice to be able to talk with people who still live in the area. We are putting up Christmas decorations tonight but am looking forward to getting on the Baker/Hughes website soon as I can. Thanks again.

Have a merry Christmas!

Clint Liles said:

Wilson Inc,

Wilson, Google up--Baker/Hughes Investor Relations, then where it says Rig Count click onto that and scroll down to Interactive Rig Count, when the map comes up click on Texas, and keep clicking on until you get the map pulled up to where Hardeman County would be. The 2 blue triangles are 2 rigs that are drilling(exploring) for oil. This map is replenished every Friday evening.

Wilson Inc,

I don't live in the area. I live at Flint, Texas(East Texas) but I have interest in a ranch about 3 miles South of Tolbert or 2 1/2 miles Southeast of Farmers Valley( 342 acres). My brother also owns interest in this ranch and he lives at Petrolia, Texas. If you haven't joined the Hardeman County Forum, you need to join. We're slowly growing in numbers. Where do you live in Oklahoma?

3toy----2 Toyota 4Runners

1 Toyota Pickup

The well I was talking about is 8 mile NW of Vernon in the Tolbert area in Wilbarger county. (Sec 12 Block 16 H&TC RR Co/Robbins, JW ) It is on the Rider lease and Anschutz is the operator.

I have heard they have staked another well just to the North of the Rider lease and that an oil pipeline is being built to the area.

Susie,

Thanks for the information about the well NW of Vernon. The Baker/Hughes Rig Count doesn't say a thing about any rig activity in the Wilbarger County area. Shame on them. Thanks for the Mineral Rights Forum members keeping everyone posted on whats going on. Again, thanks Susie

Jay, 12/09/2011 8:54 P.M.

You make it too easy. Thanks for the info. That was easy to look up. I left a message on (I hope it was your home phone) your phone.

It was the only Jay Smith in the Tyler phone directory. Give me a call. My cell # is listed on every post or my home # in in the Tyler book.

I wonder why Anschultz is taking so long to finish the well they drilled on the Rider lease.

From what I understand, Anschutz has 4 wells which have been drilled, but not completed, in the area. I did hear that that one of the wells is currently being fraced and I would guess the other three wells are in line for the same procedure.
James Beebe said:

I wonder why Anschultz is taking so long to finish the well they drilled on the Rider lease.

Little hyped, but interesting.

http://www.slideshare.net/rongollehon/exec-summary-hardeman-basin-02-032012

Pretty interesting, Jay, thanks for the post.

Jay,

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. I wish Anschutz wasn't so secretive. But,

I understand why.

Hi Clint,

We have interests about a mile East of you and across the river. The name on the map is A.J. Williams with Zipperle and Lester Boyd in smaller print. Lester was my father-in-law. We also have interests in Sec, 21 Block9 of the H & T C railroad co. (this is South of Lockett and a mile West) Also we have interests in Sec. 39 North of Oklaunion. If anyone has information of activity in these areas please let me know.

Thanks,

Charles Hines

Charles,

Welcome to the Mineral Rights Forum. Did you find out anything about our area at

the Oil and Gas meeting you had on Monday Feb. 14th?

Clint Liles said:

Charles Hines said:

Hi Clint,

We have interests about a mile East of you and across the river. The name on the map is A.J. Williams with Zipperle and Lester Boyd in smaller print. Lester was my father-in-law. We also have interests in Sec, 21 Block9 of the H & T C railroad co. (this is South of Lockett and a mile West) Also we have interests in Sec. 39 North of Oklaunion. If anyone has information of activity in these areas please let me know.

Thanks,

Charles Hines

What was the oil and gas meeting? Where was that?

A cousin told me he thinks they got salt water in the well they dug north of Tolbert.

I see that a completion report was filed on this well. It is termed a "shut-in producer." I am confused by this terminology. It seems to be a contradiction. I assume it must not be good.

I read on another website that "shut-in producer" just means it has not been fractured yet, so I guess it is a completion report filed for a well that is not yet complete.