Drilling in Dunn County ND - Where to Find Drilling Permit Applications?

I have been informed by a family member that there is an application for drilling permits for 4 wells on a section of land that I own some mineral rights to in Dunn County, North Dakota. I would like to verify this, is there somewhere that lists drilling permit applications for North Dakota? I have not had any luck finding this information.

Thanks

Google North Dakota Oil and Gas Commission, and I bet you’ll probably find it.

First place I looked. No search provision, no well permit application area that I could find. Thanks

Go back to their website, and click on daily activity reports. It will show you the list of permits daily, or there is a box in the left corner to do a search.

Bill Heinson said:

First place I looked. No search provision, no well permit application area that I could find.
Thanks

A nudge in the right direction, all I needed. Thanks! Apparently the permits have not been applied for yet. Thanks again

You’re very welcome!

Bill Heinson said:

A nudge in the right direction, all I needed. Thanks!
Apparently the permits have not been applied for yet.
Thanks again

That could almost be impossible to do it that way unless you know the date, the easy way to check is go to the GIS mapping and it will have a yellow dot on the section for each permit. I seriously doubt that there are 4 permits issued for any one section at the same time anywhere in Dunn county. The most I have seen in years have been 2 like when Continental experimented with fracing in 2 formations. I have also seen where they permit 2 Bakken wells in the same section at the same time but it is rare.

Tim Metz Mineral buyer