Division order Mistake - how to get corrected

I recently started getting paid Royalties by Chevron - They have made a large mistake and they don’t seem to listen to me…and they never return calls - only emails and letters work.

The land was inherited by 4 kids (my father and 3 uncles, all deceased). I inherited from my father and one uncle. So I share one interest with my siblings and Chevron has this one correct. The issue is that the portion I received from my uncle is 1/4 of the entire acreage or 1/4 of a whole. Chevron has interpreted it to be 1/4 of one 1/4.

What do I need to produce to them to convince them they are wrong? Do I need to hire an attorney?

There is another issue with the way they say I am unitized also…but I will save this for a different time.

If you have a will from your Uncle to you, have you filed it in your county? You should send it to Chevron, or at least call and ask about it.That should clear things up. They might need a special copy of the will, such as one filed at the courthouse of the county where your interests are located.

Depending upon your state you may be entitled to an onerous rate.

All deeds, wills, etc were filed in WV, and the leases I signed were correct…it is an error that the Land Admin has made…but the good news is they have acknowledged they made errors - one created an over payment so now they are interested.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.