Dawson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Thanks, I will also pass this along to my brother who is making some calls for us.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2013/03/19/the-texas-shal… Texas leads the way. Forbes article -FYI Cheers, Ralpr

I have it on good authority that the Chesapeake Energy acreage in the Midland Basin - Northern Part in the ~400,000 PLUS net mineral acreage parcel has not been sold to date - so they have not divested themselves of all Permian holdings quite yet - and that the acreage is still being peddled. That’s all I know. Regards, Ralpr

Today’s oil discovery sizes not seen since 1960 - The Globe and Mail

This Canadian article is a must read. We’re in the second largest largest oil field in the world at 50B barrels? Yes, please. Let’s hope it works out.

How about that?

Regards,

Ralpr

http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/1312171 Chesapeake CEO expects sales agreement for the balance of their land positions in the Permian Basin - in the next couple of months. Ralpr

We have a group of 48 with interests in about 5 labors leased in Dawson County. Inherited of course and we dont even know everyone. My 11 cousins involved dont communicate that well either. My question is and I will give a specific example: We have an offer for Labor1 League 270 from Anteries for 400 per acre & 25%… It was leased to Rockpointe. Some want to hold out for more—But what I don’t know is how many of the 48 have to sign up for Anteries to have a valid lease?

Please read this report on the Glass-Hutch Project in Dawson and Gaines County, Texas. I have mineral rights in this project that I have not been notified about.

http://www.simplexenergy.com/gallery/Glass-Hutch%20Dawson%20Pkg%204…

Ref my comment/questions Jun 112013. My sisters & I signed the offer I discussed about the same time. The sisters got their checks Jul 8 2013. I have not been paid and I am told by the land man that it is out of his hands. There seem to be no way to contact anyone at Antares or P2 Energy solutions to find out what is going on. Any suggestions how I might break this loose? Thanks

Hello Dan Westmoreland,

My family entered a lease 2011 in Dawson/Gaines Co. with a different company, who was very responsive. They sent all shareholders’ email communications regularly and all transactions and paperwork were handled with transparency. Plus, when we all signed the oil and gas lease, it was accompanied with a bank draft. I signed the lease while at my bank because it had to be notarized (which my bank did for free). The bank handled the draft and I was paid less than 30 days of signing the paperwork.

Hello Ms Rose–it seems that there is no standard way of doing oil bidness!

I have had easy ones like yours and others more difficult. I think it must depend on how much effort–each player expends. Fortunately for me–just this morning I got a call back from a nice young lady with P2 Energy solutions. She took the time to locate my and verify my address so I expect to get my little check soon. The squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.

I am glad the pieces of the puzzle seem to be falling into order. With any luck, both companies will seek to set up productive wells. The company who leased the land, finished drilling the preliminary well back in January and are now talking about horizontal drilling by mid-September. So…I guess it is now a waiting game.

What Labors and leagues are you in. Ours are labor 15 18 23 league 261 and labor 1 league 270. We are dealing with Antaries on labor1. There is a small producing well on one of the League 261 labors but I dont know which one. What company are you dealing with?

see link stating that Antares to sell Texas assets which comprise of southern Dawson Co and Northwest Howard Co.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/44875/antares-e…

S/2 Labor 6, All Labors 7, 14, 15, League 272, Loving County Schools Lands Survey. SM Energy is who we are dealing with.

ok our little well is in labor 15 league 261. good luck

To you and your family, as well.

What has anyone heard about Antares? We leased to them a couple of years ago and not one well was drilled. At the time leases were very good, so I thought they would be on it, but nothing.

Glad Emily’s went smoothly. However, bank drafts are to be avoided. Always try to exchange the signed lease for a check that can be cashed immediately, and maybe even insist on a cashier’s check from small or unknown players.

Hello Wade,

That is interesting - I was told by each company that has leased that the bank draft was the norm; however, my bank kept a piece of the lease contract until the monies were paid. I was told that until the monies were paid that the lease would not be valid. I’ll have to keep that in mind for some property in NM - it would be nice to not have to wait up to 30-days.

We have some monies payable on the current lease in the next couple of months for drilling and water well set-up(s), but those go through via direct deposit. I’m curious though - when damages are to be paid - should they be paid as soon as the work begins or at the completion of the work? (tank beds, drilling pads - etc.)

I’ll have to review the lease along with the recent consent that was signed. Thanks for the tip.