Dawson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Ms. Johnston, Maybe the gentleman in the Discussion Forum above.can be of help for you? Regards, Ralpr

Ms. Johnston, I can assist you if you provide the legal location of your wellbore.

Joe-The dry well was shown to be in section 4, Blk 35, TWP 7-N, Georgetown Survey; Abstract 790; Dawson Cty. I know our family had some mineral rights leased out in the 70’s, 80,s and 90’s. I was wondering if this was an old dry well and not a recent one.

Thanks or your help.

Mary Johnston

Hi Joe,

I have property on Labor 7,League 272, A-412, Loving Co. School Land Survey, Dawson County, Texas Labor 14, League 272, A-412 Loving Co. School Land Survey - as well as a few other labors. Just do not recall what they are off the top of my head. Have you heard anything new about that area?

Mary,

It appears that it is indeed an old dry hole. RRC nor drillinginfo did not have any information.

Emily, it looks like SM Energy set 9 5/8 production string in Labor 15 back in January. Element Petroleum has set surface casing in Labor 21 back in December.

Thanks Joe for the information. That is probably right since we have heard nothing about any recent drilling.

http://m.fool.com/investing/general/2013/02/23/why-you-should-pay-a… Nice Article - FYI. The Wolfberry numbers are awesome. Regards, Ralpr

We have mineral interest in Labor 19 and Labor 20. We have a well doing great on Labor 19, …struck oil in October 2012…and they (Anteras Energy) were going to re-lease the Labor 20 because our lease was up, but they are saying there was no Pugh clause. They bought the lease from Rockpointe Resources and evidently our other family members had an attorney and knew not to lump the Labors together and we had no one representing us. Anyway, Anteras called us in August stating that they were going to drill on Labor 19 and were going to possibly re-lease. Well now out of no where they say no Pugh clause no lease. Why didn’t they know this in August? …When they called about drilling and possible re-lease? Doesn’t make any sense. They even told us that they would be offering $400.00 an acre and 1/4 royalty over the phone. So I say they should have done their homework before opening their mouth. We have been talking with the land man and the Attorney representing Anteras and we get conflicting reports and communication. HELP

Hello Katq,

Check out the site below:

http://www.mineralweb.com/owners-guide/lease-proposals/pugh-clause/

Wade - Because the lease controls - and there is no Pugh Clause, how would the lease terms or more importantly, opportunity costs - be affected? Ralpr

The lease will control. If they told you the wrong thing, it is not binding on them.

A bigger question than the Gulf is the Wolfcamp!

Forbes article - FYI. East Texas, huh? Hmmm…

Ralpr

Hi, new to the group and don’t really know what we have or if we have… My dad passed away in 09 and left us I think just the mineral rights to some property, but not sure. We don’t really have much paperwork but I have seen reference to “Labor 5, League 280, Hutchinson County School Lands, Dawson County” but I don’t know anything else. Is this a legal property description? Last year we received a letter from a company having an interest in leasing. We didn’t respond because we didn’t have any paperwork about it, so we are trying to figure it out. We also found some tax information for Moore County that mentioned Pioneer Natural Resources. We have since heard that the company wishing to lease rights has gone out of business. Is there anyway to find out how to get the proper paperwork showing ownership?

http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/internet-resources… There are some links here that may be of help.

Thank you very much!

Hi Mr. Surratt, It’s exciting getting the facts down! I’d call the Dawson County Clerk Gloria Vera and tell her your Dad’s name and grandparents’ names and by looking at names on the mineral deeds she can tell you the legal description and provide the documentation to get a good start on things. Best of Luck! Ralpr

You’re welcome! It worked for my grandparents’ and moms’ names. Go get 'em!!! I hope you have a fantastic week, too. Regards, Ralpr

Thank you! I hope they can check by name because we don’t have the deeds. We are trying to figure it out. Apparently, since Frac Land and Title Co. had our names, the information must be somewhere. We will give Gloria a call. Have a great week!

Chris, I would check with Vicki Philips who is County Clerk in Gaines Co., TX as well. League 280 crosses county lines