Dawson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Joe,

The mineral rights are on Section 25, Block 34, T-4-N, Dawson County, Texas.

Thanks for your response.

Hi ANDRA,

I the surrounding area of Section 25 I don't see any activity but there is production in Section 25 and in the immediate area. In Section 25 I find 3 plugged oil wells and 2 dry holes from the past. I also find 1 producing well that was completed and production started in September 2006. This link is Production Data on that well, 33047. Manipulate the beginning date back to September 2006 to view all production on that well.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/specificLeaseQueryAction.do?tab=init&viewType=prodAndTotalDisp&methodToCall=fromGisViewer&pdqSearchArgs.paramValue=|2=10|3=2016|4=09|5=2017|103=68977|6=O|102=8A|8=specificlease|204=district|9=dispdetails|10=0

As far as bonus money per acre I have no idea. I would have thought some of the Dawson County members would have chimed in by now. John Cundieff can you help this lady?

GIS Map of Dawson County Section 25/Block 34T4N/A-52:

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Clint Liles

ANDRA,

I just did an evaluation in Southern Dawson yesterday. With what I found going on west of your land, I'd say you are on the edge of strong development of deeper zones by horizontal drilling. Be patient, lease bonuses could be 2x to 4x your offer as they are in Martin now depending of course on location.

Gary L Hutchinson

Gary,

Thanks for chiming in. Your knowledge and experience is appreciated.

Thanks again, Clint Liles

Good Afternoon,

My family and I have 2 areas of land to LEASE not sale in DAWSON county there are 4 of us, we have 240 acres in section 2 block 35 T4N, we have had wells on this land before, just not drilled but about 5000 ft so I know there is oil there, plus we have 160 acres for lease it is located at section 28 block 35 T5N, we are open to lease all together or by themselves.

please contact me on here or at marc.rogers33@yahoo.com

Thank you

http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/documents/2012/10419hamlin/ndx_hamlin.pdf

Happy New Year!!!

Nice geologic info on the Wolfberry - FYI.

Cheers!

Ralpr

Can someone give me some guidance on lease bonus for Dawson County? Block M, Section 76, looks like goat pasture on the RRC map.

Hello James. I'm John Cundieff and we met a couple of times when you lived in Palestine and we own land and minerals near Neches. Yes, sec tion 76 in block M looks like a goat pasture as my Grandfather bought the east 1/2 of section 77 an 1926 and we still own some minerals on it. We had three good Penn Reef oil wells drilled in the 50's and the last one was plugged in Oct 2008. The operator was Endeavor energy and they shut the well down in Jan 2004 for maintenance and the well produced over 2800 barrels in 2003. Some four years later I filed a complaint against them with TRRC and they ordered the well to be plugged and abandoned which was completed in 2008. This was the J.A. Richardson # 3, well lease # 12761. We haven't been offered a lease on this property since but I was in contact with a lady back in 2006 who received a lease offer on a 100 acre tract on the south end of section 77 that my Granddad sold in the early 1960's. I think she was offered $200/acre. I was contacted about 10 years ago by a company who was re-entering some old wells in that area and they were considering our # 3 well but nothing happened. I have seen some leasing of late near us on the Courthouse Lease/ Alert reports which I save and I'll check some of them and let you know where they are located. It was good hearing from. johncundieff@yahoo.com

James. I went back 6 months on the Lease/Alert program and there were several recent leases in sections 10, 15,19; 83, 90' and 91 and they ranged from 3 to 9 miles from sections 76 and 77, not close enough for me to get excited. This area had it's glory days back in the 50's and 60's when the Horse Shoe Atoll was being drilled but I have been in the Lamesa area many times in the last 50 years visiting relatives and drilling activity has been very slow in our area. The Sprayberry was never a good prospect here nor the Wolfcamp. A few deep Fusselman wells were drilled and there was a short period of Cline Shale hype. There was a very active period of leasing very close to sections 67 and 77 up through 2014 just to the west and SW with some very good offers, like $600/acre and 22.5 % royalties but I don't know if any wells were completed nor do I know what formations prompted this activity.Yes, this indeed is goat pasture country but I remember walking through waist high cotton on Granddad's farm 70 years ago but I was 9 or 10 years old and my waist wasn't far from the ground. I'll continue to keep a close watch on this area and should any news that may be of interest to you become available, I'll pass it on. John

Hey Willard, the goat pastures are in section 76 and 77 block M in the EL & RR survey about 10 miles NW of Lamesa in the Munger community and about a mile north of the old Mungerville school. This is very deep sand country but my Granddad made some good crops if it rained . I wasn't raised out there but my parents were and I had a lot of cousins there. Their names are Middleton and Hancock. Also my wife has first cousins out there and their names are Scarborough.

John Cundieff: Looks like you are familiar with the Block M area. Received an offer to lease minerals in Section 82 for $400/acre. Is this in the ballpark?

George considering the $60 price of oil and the lack of leasing in our area of Dawson C0., I think $400 is a good offer. I would take it if offered. It has been over four years since there has been much activity in western Dawson Co. when many leases were going for $600 and up. My first cousin leased some minerals about 10 miles west of Lamesa and got $850. By 2015 the leasing had really slowed down. I own minerals on two farms in Dawson Co. my Granddad bought back in the 1920's. The other one is about a mile NE of Lamesa just off the O'Donnel HWY and it has been leased just one time in the last 50 years. But there is some recent Sprayberry action about 5 or 6 miles NE so I can hope. Your interest in Sec 82 is only 5 or 6 miles north of my Sec 77 so maybe oil prices will continue to increase and we can get a new lease also. Good luck, John

Hey George I just signed a lease on both of mine for 300, I felt lucky to get that so I agree if you get 400 take it! Dawson has picked up some in the last couple months but no where near where it was in 14, mine are in 35 section 2 and 35 section 28 right on highway 87 south of Lamesa, I have had lots of e-mail on my land but no takers till last week.

Thank you, John and Willard. I will let you know how things work out.

WIllard, who did you sign your lease with? I am nearby

Hey Joe where is your land I E section Block?

this one is sec 47, blk 35 t5n. currently under lease w/option that expires in april that they may/may not exercise

hey Joe,

your right we are very close, what is your last name joe?

Rob Roy Mcdonald is who leased mine he leased section 2 and section 28 28 is just north of you in between my 2 and your 47 I bet h would be interested, go on leasealert.com and pull up Dawson county you will find him and there is 2/3 Oil Co that have been leasing a lot in Dawson in the last 6/8 months, who are you leased thru now? go on leasesalert you will be glad you did. let me know

Linda, send an e-mail to Court house direct.com Lease/Alert and you will be connected. It is a free program and you can select any county in the state to follow leasing activity .You will receive monthly e-mails showing the company leasing, the owners name, and the legal description. I have been on it about 4 years and it is a great program. I live in east Texas and I can keep up with leasing in Dawson and other counties where I own mineral interest.

Hey John,

Thanks for mentioning this courthousedirect alert website. We have some small holdings leased in southwest part of Dawson, about 10 miles west of Lamesa on Hwy 180 towards Seminole and 5 or 6 miles south on CR CC . Abstract 414...Labor 25, League 274. We've had it leased with two different outfits since 2012 but no activity. I drove by there last summer and only saw a couple of drilling rigs in the area. Seemed like drilling was pretty heavy more to the southeast part of Dawson...off of Hwy 87 towards Big Spring.

We also settled on $400/acre when we leased it. Had an outfit offer to buy our rights outright in 2017 but we decided to hang on and ride it out. I think the oil price needs to get a little higher before they can profit enough in SW Dawson. Have you heard anything similar?

Again, thanks for the heads up on the alert website.