Dawson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Missie,

Where is your land, IE, block, T3or4or5N, section?

Offer from a company in Midland to lease this property.

Curious about a lease offer I received. Is it fair? Is there anyway to stipulate that if I lease it to the interested person that they actually do something with it and not just sit on it.

Property description

E/200 acres section 1 block 2
D.I.Cunningham Survey
undivided 8/8 mineral interest
20% royalty.

The offer I received seemed pretty low to me and is what I would expect for a cold contact.

Any ideas what this should be leasing for?

Thanks in advance.

Y’all take care

I guess I don’t understand how you searched Clint.

searching by date and county only I got 4

I’ll play around with it for a while.

Thanks for your helpl

Oh wait, the others say re completion but I’m not sure what that means.

Thanks Clint

Your suspicion is exactly what I suspect and thus I did not take the ridiculously low offer.

Thank you very much Mr. Liles

Clay Johnson has been a landman for a long time. Like many landmen, he often represents a third party oil company in leasing. The oil company may tell the landman not to reveal on whose behalf he is making a lease offer. Some oil companies make an offer and will not budge. In that case, the landman should not be criticized for being unwilling to negotiate the bonus. It is not his personal lease. As an example,many mineral owners have had this experience with landmen representing Apache. Also, when a company is leasing an area, it may take leases in the names of one or more different landmen or companies in order to try to hide the trail and keep other companies from interfering in their target area. So the lease will appear to be flipped when in reality it was taken by the oil company, just under an agent’s name.

Found Listing for Clay Johnson on linked in

Ronnie,

Only one new approved drilling permit for Dawson County since January 01, 2017:

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPubli…

Clint Liles

Ronnie,

What is the name of the company offering to lease?

Clint Liles

And several other places including Dun & Bradstreet

It says

“3. NEW FEATURE: Our new MarketPlace allows for FREE listing of your minerals for Lease or Sale. Join today!”

But I do not find a way to do that without being charged,

What’s the deal?

Thanks in advance

Link for finding Texas drilling permits:

{Search for W-1’s(drilling permits)}

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/initializePublicQueryAction.do

Clint Liles

Ronnie,

I searched Dawson County approved drilling permits from January 1, 2014 thru present and find no listings for Clay Johnson Oil and Gas. I suspect he leases at rock bottom prices and flips them to companies that actually drill wells. Be careful. I also Googled Clay Johnson Oil and Gas and came up with nothing. I find no listing for Clay Johnson Oil and Gas in Texas Oil and gas Directory Online.

This link is to Texas Oil and Gas Directory Online(Oil and Gas Companies approved by the State of Texas):

http://moneyinoil.com/directoryindex.html

Clint Liles

Recompletion | definition

The completion for production of an existing well bore in another formation from that in which the well was previously completed.

Clint Liles

Interesting perspective Tennis Daze

Thank you for your input.

Take care.

Thanks Tennis,

You are definitely an asset to this Forum. We appreciate this information.

Clint Liles

New drilling permits in Dawson County?

Where do I find information on drilling permits?

attn: Clint Liles

Company is Clay Johnson Oil and Gas

thank you for your reply and info Clint

Courtney,

Thanks for the heads up. Thanks for this wonderful Forum to help educate and communicate.

Thanks again Courtney.

Clint Liles

Clay Johnson oil & gas has been in business since 1996