Daniels County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Dustin: I am a mineral owner in Daniels County. Still haven’t been paid by Shale by the way. Was reporting exactly what was written in the Journal to the benefit of others on this site. I joined this site because it provides a mineral owner access/info from others, which is especially useful to me in Oklahoma. As a mineral owner, I would always want to drive prices to my benefit.

We were told that the meeting with Apache that would get us our check was to be held yesterday. Our date is the 8th but they said it might be here a couple of days earlier… Just waiting… I will keep you guys posted.

Vickie --meeting with Apache never heard of any such meeting–would you please explain as I am still waiting for final lease payment.

Vicki, that sounds like your lease is contingent on Shale being able to flip your lease to Apache. That only if Shale can make a profit off your lease before paying you, will they accept and pay you. If so, dishonest from the get go.

I don’t know that they are dishonest. We got our money 4 days early. Dropped into our bank account just like they said it would!!

Vicki, when whether they pay you or not depends on someone outside of your deal, what they are seeking is in actuallity is an option. I would say calling it a lease offer when it’s an option contingent on what an outsider does is dishonest, or did they ask you for an option?

Just wanted to say I received my final lease payment. Also I have learned alot by being on this forum and want to thank you all for the info you have provided.

I heard that Apache has suspended drilling at this time and will be gone for 6 monthis or so. They will be analizing all their data. In view of the fact that Apache was suppose to be very aggressive I never suspected this. Has anyone else heard this info.

Most likely it indicates they are not excited with what they’ve found so far. However, analyzing their data is a valid way to try to make lemonaide out of lemons. Say they hoped the Bakken would produce and it didn’t. Now they’re carefully looking at each other formation to see if they might be able to produce from them instead.

Yet unless all their initial wells were dry holes I would expect them to drill at least another half dozen. Considering they have a lease position which covers most of the county I don’t think they can definatively know what they have without doing exploration across a wider slice of their leases. However if they see nothing in the existing cores they may terminate the prospect where it is.

Apache is doing exactly what the said they were gonna do here: Daniels County Leader…;

There is an article in the front page of the Daniels county leader that states the same thing, what I wonder is, is this normal for an oil company to do this? they say they are anlyizing the data, does it really take that long in these days and times? Or are they just waiting for the pipeline to be built?

Considering I have heard from exactly one person in Daniels co that they have been approached about seismic I think it likely that that is what Apache is waiting on. There is the matter of how many wells have been drilled, the press release I just looked up said a maximum of five wells was proposed, hardly a good sample. If Apache can’t find the Bakken there, it’s not the only formation there is. Shale bragged on their website that most of their leasehold was very long term. It’s early days yet. This story is probably going to unfold over the next 3 years , not next week. The ND Bakken looked really unpromising in the beginning of this latest rush if you look at the poor early wells of 2002,2003,2004. It doesn’t necessarily happen in one year.

It is what the Daniels county Leader had in the paper on 1-31-13 . You can read the paper on line. I am hoping it could be they are waiting on getting the rail going because of the delay of the pipeline. I heard that things looked variable on either the first or second well Apache drilled. The Paper also said they dissembled that high tech drill they had up there and took it back to Texas. What can be a little concerning is waiting 6 months to return. I am sure they have there reasons and it may not mean anything negative. Paper also said they were still keeping results close to the vest. That also could be a good sign. Still hoping for a oil boom.

Goodness, I hope you’re wrong, but I’m afraid you may be right! Doesn’t make sense for them to back out when there seems to be so much promise in the Baaken. Something I’ve been curious about is what made them choose Daniels County as opposed to other counties, or did they (Shale or other companies like Shale) buy up leases all over the northeastern corner of Montana?

This quote I pulled from a news article from magnolia petroleum. Notice that it states apache is has filed woth montana to possibly space an additional 23 sections this year, depending of course on apaches results. “Following Magnolia’s acquisition of 7,886 net mineral acres in Montana in November 2012 and January 2013, the Company notes that Apache Corporation (‘Apache’) has recently filed with the Montana Oil and Gas Commission applications to space a further 23 sections in Daniels County in preparation for possible future drilling activity. One of these spaced units is located on Magnolia’s acreage. The remaining spaced units are either surrounding and/or adjacent to Magnolia’s leases.” “Apache had previously announced that Phase one of its planned drilling operations targeting the Bakken formation in Daniels County, Montana, would consist of five horizontal wells. The Magnolia Directors believe that Phase one has been completed, however the results may not be known for some time.”

I

I recently found that we have some additional land for lease in Daniels

County, does anyone know who is leasing, I would appreciate any info

Thank You Ed

That should be "here’s linke to the article that talks about Apache’s activities…the article that Billy Bob quotes from below… Sorry for goofing up article… a vs the

Here’s link to an interesting article that talks about Apache’s activities in Daniels County:

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/40300/magnolia-pet…

Sagebrush Resources II LLC received approval to drill horizontal on section 8 trac 35N-51E in Daniels County on 2/4/13. The name of the well is Gunderson 1-8H. They have been drilling east in Sheridan County.

Daniels Wildcat Daniels 8 35N-51E