Culberson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Culberson County at last check had 19 currently producing operators and 147 currently producing leases. For the month of September 2014 it produced 168,000 barrels of oil compared to over 3.5 million mcf natural gas.

Cog Operating LLC’s Captain Call lease was the best individual yielding lease in both oil production(bbls) and gas production(mcf).

Cimarex was hands down the best producing operator for month of Sept. '14 due to 65 leases with 2.247 million mcf natural gas production.

Culberson Co is a more gas prone production stream at this time.

Gas $2.90 today NyMex

Oil $49.26

Need an atty. for simple name change on mineral/division order(s). I’m kind of stuck temporarily and could use help.

David, if it’s name change, I’d call the company and ask what documentation they need for them to issue an amended Division Order.

Thanks Ann for your reply to my post. This is for an ownership change, and subsequent name change. I would like to sell my minerals to my ex wife. She prefers to use her maiden name.

Is this name change as in marriage or divorce, or is it ownership change?

When are division orders to be sent out for Stone Street 46 Unit 3H?

This is a Cimarex well #41 Lease Date Feb 24,2010

“Spudded” Nov. 30,2014

If Cimarex follows the practices of other operators, you will see Division Orders 2-4 months after the well is put on production.

David, in a number of instances when I’ve purchased minerals (both from family & strangers), I’ve executed a mineral deed, filed it of record in that county, then sent a copy to the oil company requesting a new Division Order. You can request a certified copy of the deed along with the county clerk’s stamped original deed. A call to Clerk’s office can give you amount of fees.

David, you may feel more comfortable having an attorney handle this for you and if that’s the case I wouldn’t try talk you into doing it yourself.

Stone Street 46 Unit 3H was “spudded” November 30th,2014.

Division orders are to be sent out very soon.(Would’ve already been sent out but woman at Cimarex is having trouble getting percentages and numbers to work out to 100%).

I know that this well has been up and running for weeks now but I can’t find the information on its production numbers. Does anyone know this information or at minimum where to find such numbers?

For the Cimarex well, try the Tx RRC site for “pending” wells with Cimarex as operator.

January 2015 production reports are there and February will be posted shortly.

Also see that the Stone Street reached TD in early January. Plus I checked Tx RRC site and didn’t find any production numbers for this well thru February postings.

Stone Street 46 Unit 3H. Anyone know current production numbers?

Probably have to wait until May to see March numbers posted on Tx RRC site. As per my note on April 4th, Feb did not show anything on this well on the Tx RRC site.

Still waiting on my division order for Stone Street 46 Unit 3H. I know that this well was “spudded” November 30th,2014. I also have heard that the well has been producing since early April 2015. I called Cimarex(the company in charge of this well) and they stated that they are still waiting on the title opinion. Anyone know the latest news or can elaborate a little more? This well is in Culberson County.

You will have to wait a little longer. It is no quick process. You might like to read Cimarex’s recent presentation in the Investor section of their website. There you can get insights as to what other wells in Culberson are IP’ing and generally looking like.

Normally it takes several months from first production to receiving DO’s. My own experience with Pioneer in the Eagle Ford was 4 months. But first check will include several months of production. I have heard directly from others who deal with CHK and EOG that it takes 3-4 months too.

Hello all, I have received “Division Order” paperwork today regarding “Stone Street 46 Unit 3H” from Cimarex. Anyone know where this well is located? My property is in Section 46 Block 59 and the lease was up (was not extended or renewed) back on February 2015

Ok, I now have another question, The lease I have has expired and no drilling done on the land. Giving what Rock Man said if the lease expiration date has been “overruled” because of the pipeline. Should the lessee pay the lease fee or am I stuck with not being able to lease for compensation from another lessee or the past lessee paying additional fund for the added time (how-ever long that may be)?

Thank you Rock Man and Buzz