Culberson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

What company is actually doing the drilling in Culberson County right now? Is it Cimarex or some other?

I own land in Culberson County, Texas (Section 46,Block 59,TWP 1). Iā€™m actually visiting in a few weeks to view recent activity. Iā€™m flying into El Paso and driving over. Is anyone on this site familiar with the area? I know that I take 180/62 almost to New Mexico border then turn onto 652.Iā€™m looking for RR 2119(Ranch Rd 2119).Once on 652(from 180/62),how far is it until RR 2119? And exactly where is Section 46 Block 59 from here?

Tha tax office in Van Horn gave me a map with lat/lon grid which I used with a GPS unit in my Cessna . That was 1995. Nothing going on then. Please let us know what you see. My land is in Sec 10&16, block 61, township 2, T&P RY Co Survey, Culberson Co, TX.

Steven,

Seems as though Cimarex, Chevron and Conoco are the 3 major permitted operators in Culberson County in the past few months. This link is to 68 approved permits(7 pages) and the approved operators from Sept. 1, 2014 through Nov. 26, 2014.

http://webapps2.rrc.state.tx.us/EWA/drillingPermitsQueryAction.do?pā€¦

Clint Liles

Note Conoco is actively trying to sell part of their Culberson / Reeves County line position. Over 30,000 acres.

East of the Carizzo position

I have some minerals in Blk 64, TS 1&2. I am not familiar with where the drilling is in the county. Is there anything close to Blk 64?

Re: Block 64

This area is far from all the activity that is happening to the north along the Culberson / Reeves County line.

A company called Twin Resources files some five year leases in Block 64 earlier this year - but no permit to drill has ye to be filed (but figure they have to be thinking ā€œdrillā€ or they wouldnā€™t have leased).

But oil price drop may be impacting those plans too!

Mr Liles,

How close is the nearest drilling to Section 46,Block 59???

Closest permit appears to be 7-8 miles south of Block 59 core

Hello to all, I have a new lease company that i wondered if anyone knows about. LEASING PARTNERS out of Dallas has offered to lease my section 46, block 59 for 3 years. the offer is 10 grand for the 3 years with 25% royalty. Seems a bit of odd to me? anyone know of these folks

Definitely a brokerage firm - no idea who they could be associated with. Is the offer for $10,000 per net acre? Or that number for the entire section? I am thinking the latter

Vonnie, As Rockman said your minerals are North of Interstate 10. I donā€™t see any past drilling activity in the area of your minerals or the surrounding area.

GIS Map of Culberson County A-2327/Block 82/Section 24 and surrounding area:

Clint Liles

Steven and Bruce,

There is a rig drilling in section 39, Block 59 T1S right now. It is a two-section horizontal Wolfcamp well that includes section 46 as well. That is why you are receiving these letters. Some of the ā€œleaseā€ offers being sent out are not traditional oil and gas leases but instead solicitations to assign 75% of your royalty for 3 years or as long as there is production, which basically amounts to forever. So if you had negotiated a 25% royalty in your lease you would get 6.25% and the buyer would get the other 18.75% for as long as there was production on the property. Those guys sending the letter know there is a well being drilled so the 3 year limitation isnā€™t really a limitation at all to them. Their hope is that you donā€™t have that same information to make an informed decision.

Vonnie,

Unless my mapping skills are off, the property you describe is located about 1-2 miles north of Interstate 10 exit #159 (Plateau Valentine Road). There is a gas station complex there as per MapQuest.

The closest recent drilling to this area is about 20 to 25 miles away to the east and northeast.

Miguel, have you looked at Tx RRC GIS site to scope out activity?

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/about-us/resource-center/research/gis-viā€¦

Hello all, Iā€™m interested on leasing my mineral rights. Currently own a parcel at BLCK 59 Sec. 34, TWP 1 T&P RY Svy. Want to find out about local activity and what fair offers owners are getting for the mineral rights around the area. Thanks!

Is your parcel in Block 59 section 24 located north of Interstate off of FM 2424 north of Kent? If so, very quiet area as to industry drilling over the past several years.

Rock, Section is 34. Appreciate the response, the RRC GIS site provides good information. Will continue looking into it.

What are the wells in Culberson County producing more of at the present time-oil or natural gas?

And,what are the current prices of both(oil per barrel and gas per mcf)?

Culberson County Oil/Gas Production ( Sept. 2014 ) :

Natural Gas approx. $10,155,800

Oil          approx.  $ 8,275,700