Culberson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

You can lease your 10 acres as a site for a natural gas compression plant
where gas gathered from surrounding wells is compressed to 900 PSI
and put in natural gas transmission pipelines.

Just hold onto your surface land and be patient. You WILL get a lot more offers.....so don't take the first one. Things will become increasingly
competitive....wait for the frenzy.

1 Like

Newest update from Apache on Alpine High development.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/APA/3944537251x0x971359/02F63A96-BA37-42AA-9B81-C4A4201FD2CA/Apache_CreditSuisse_20180213.pdf

Wade, thanks for posting this Apache update. Have you seen anything from Cabot or Devon on this area (they are basically in Alpine High to the SE)?

The O&G Journal this month has an article about Exxon/Mobile about to spend 52 Billion dollars in exploration/exploitation of the Permian and
Delaware basins.
Another source says Exxon/Mobil is projecting to spend 22 Billion in
proving fields in Culberson county.

I think the bulk of exploration for the next year will be done South of Van Horn, all the way to the Rio Grand river.

Rock Man,

I havenā€™t done anything with Cabot in the area. Devon has tried to get a foothold and has drilled a few wells. Not sure of results.

Cabot is supposedly working under the name "Cody Petroleum. Both they and Devon have not released any info on their drilling results yet.

Antelope Production (no "s") is a lease brokerage firm based in Dallas the serves and the "front company" for acquiring leases from mineral owners. The funds for all their work (and bonuses paid to mineral owners) is coming from their client (who is normally kept confidential). They have been active in Culberson County since 2014 - mostly in Block 42.

Although I don't know anyone at this company personally or professionally, the fact that they have been doing this in Culberson Co going on 4 years would indicate to me that they are a legit company that pays their bills and honors their commitments.

P.S. Their objective - and that of their client who is paying the bills - is to get minerals and surface leased for as low a price as possible. Which is why having a forum like this helps in educating individuals as to what is happening in their areas

Antelope Productions (with "s") appears to be a firm specializing in music production - that is why I specified the "no S" in previous note.

1 Like

I'm up in block 112 and getting an offer for surface only. Well after talking to some county officials, they advised holding. Too many people offering little for a lot

Any drilling activity up on your area (Block 112)?

They tell me yes, I think its time for a road trip. The county told me that more interest in this area is a pipeline.

They were asking to buy my surface rights for 2200 for 10 ac

Diving into the Tx RRC site to see what is happening may be better than a road trip to the field. You can't see permits and it is even difficult to see well heads as well as access locations of any active wells.

Just checked the DrillingInfo.com subscription site for Block 112 - map of producing wells (red and green dots) attached. Note the lateral well bore traces (horizontals). Also attached a list of the 14 producing wells in this block.

Lots of room for more horizontals between those already drilled - and no telling how many horizontal target layers are present here.

Lots of activity and more to come! (IMO)

===========================================

Block%20112%20Producing%20wells.pdf

Block%20112%20Producing%20wells%20list.pdf

FYI - the PDF of the map shows "Block 12" - but this is really Block 112. Confirmed on permits.

MJPasā€¦Once again I counsel you to WAIT. Donā€™t sell your surface or mineral rights to anyoneā€¦donā€™t lease anything yet. The feeding frenzy has not yet started in Culberson county, but it IS coming!! Culberson will have 75 rigs running before June as the exploration/production frenzy picks up. Just wait.

1 Like

Culberson Co Rig Activity

As per Baker Hughes data base, presently 14 rigs in the county versus 13 last month.

8 rigs in 4th Quarter 2017 and 13 rigs in summer 2017.

And 11 rigs in Feb 2017.

Long way to 75 but we will see what happens.

As a comparison, 73 rigs running in Reeves Co right now with 48 rigs in Lea Co, 47 in Midland Co and 38 rigs in Eddy Co.

You are absolutely correct about no ā€œsā€ on Antelope Production, Rock Man. Didnā€™t know that extra ā€œsā€ would cause such a big difference! Any who thanks for all of the info on this forum. Yes Lawrence, definitely heeding your advice. Will hold off until the ā€œrightā€ time comes. Just enjoying the info Iā€™m getting from this forum.

The response is great. Glad to be on this blog. Even if nothing happens I have great land neighbors.

Because of this forum, I learned that the reason why we are being pursued by a petroleum landman is due to the fact that our land sits on block 112! See below: