Culberson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

FYI - the PDF of the map shows “Block 12” - but this is really Block 112. Confirmed on permits.

Culberson Co Rig Activity

As per Baker Hughes data base, presently 14 rigs in the county versus 13 last month.

8 rigs in 4th Quarter 2017 and 13 rigs in summer 2017.

And 11 rigs in Feb 2017.

Long way to 75 but we will see what happens.

As a comparison, 73 rigs running in Reeves Co right now with 48 rigs in Lea Co, 47 in Midland Co and 38 rigs in Eddy Co.

Because of this forum, I learned that the reason why we are being pursued by a petroleum landman is due to the fact that our land sits on block 112! See below:

Antelope Productions (with “s”) appears to be a firm specializing in music production - that is why I specified the “no S” in previous note.

Any drilling activity up on your area (Block 112)?

Just checked the DrillingInfo.com subscription site for Block 112 - map of producing wells (red and green dots) attached. Note the lateral well bore traces (horizontals). Also attached a list of the 14 producing wells in this block.

Lots of room for more horizontals between those already drilled - and no telling how many horizontal target layers are present here.

Lots of activity and more to come! (IMO)

===========================================

Block%20112%20Producing%20wells.pdf

Block%20112%20Producing%20wells%20list.pdf

You are absolutely correct about no “s” on Antelope Production, Rock Man. Didn’t know that extra “s” would cause such a big difference! Any who thanks for all of the info on this forum. Yes Lawrence, definitely heeding your advice. Will hold off until the “right” time comes. Just enjoying the info I’m getting from this forum.

Three Rivers selling out - I understand the buyer is Admiral Permian out of Midland. Three Rivers has had themselves up for sale for a while.

http://www.iii.co.uk/alliance-news/1519031888839755300-3/riverstone

Friends,

How do I check what I own on the land, mineral rights vs surface? Really thought we bought the rights to all but a journeyman is telling me no. How do I confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.kallanishenergy.com/2018/04/23/admiral-permian-closes-o…

Admiral closes on purchase of Three Rivers acreage

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invi…

Received an offer from MMB Energy, LLC

S/2 Section 34, Abstract #6863
Section 16, Abstract #6862

Bonus Consideration: $750.00 per net mineral acre
Lessor Royalty: 1/5th
Term: 5 years

any advice?

Re: MMB Energy offer

This area is due south of the main industry horizontal activity in Culberson Co - but it is also an area where Apache has drilled 6-7 horizontal wells in the past year. I figure that MMB is leasing for Apache - they have several leases listed as being filed in this area in the records I can view.

Bonus and royalty info is normally not public data, but I will safely say that the 20% royalty is low - I would go for 25% royalty.

To me, the $750 per nma is low - I would push for at least $1500 per nma.

But even more important is to get a good lease with depth severances / pugh clauses and the right “cost free” working to avoid production charges.

Get an experienced O&G attorney to look at any lease - and make sure is aware of the intricacies of the “cost free” issue.

Good luck on this!

Is anybody here involved with or knows anything about, Charger Shale and their activity? My guess is they are waiting on the 70 miles gas pipeline to be installed. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Apache article with good maps of infrastructure build out and well locations.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4140584-apaches-alpine-high-trip-field-pipes?auth_param=sl0i3:1d6n19h:a2da518dffc4ff8b078895514228a9c7&uprof=45&dr=1

Hi-I’m new to this site and I’m hoping someone can help us. Last December 2017 we saw a junk mail offering $800 for our 9.24 acres land in Culberson County. We bought it for more than that so we held off on it. Last week, my son who studies in New York received a call from a Petroleum Landman, Marc Jacobsma and was asking for our contact numbers. We are in California and we have no idea how they tracked us through our son. Long story short,the landman said he was willing to pay $300/ac for “the surface of the land.” Not sure what he meant by this at all. Our land sits on NW/4 of the SW/4 of the NE/4 of section 2, block 112.

Can someone please tell me if this amount is fair or should it be countered?

Thank you all in advance.

MJ Pas

Surface rights include the water rights on the property in Texas...depending on how deep the fresh water aquifers go. Around
me in Reeves county, they extend down to 2000 feet depth.
Ten years ago or so, $300/surface acre was about the average....$150 to
$750/acre was the range then. Now it starts at $750 and goes up
to $10,000/acre for surface property in Culberson county.

My advice is to hold out for more reasonable offers if you need the
money and want to get rid of the land. By the way, where is the land
in relation to Van Horn? I was just out to a homestead on 10 acres 12
miles south of Van Horn on Green River road....and the guy paid $3000
for the acreage he owns there.
Be advised the exploratory drilling of the stacked shale plays under Culberson county has just barely begun and the companies KNOW the
production reserves for both gas and oil are there.....so as the exploitation advances, the price of land will go up and up to whatever
the oil and gas company market will bear.

MJ Pas....Yes, having land in and around Van Horn is a good thing because
Van Horn is gonna start growing soon. In addition to all the oil and gas
exploratory drilling in Culberson county, many plastic products companies will be building manufacturing facilities along the IH 10
corridor because their raw material resource will be abundantly available
there and new gas fired electrical generation facilities will be tied into
the Texas ERCOT internal power grid. Electrical energy will be cheap and abundant there which will greatly enhance businesses there.
Remember that Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin and Elon Musk's SpaceX spaceport
facilities are just 15 miles north of Van Horn. Their spacecraft taking
cargo to the ISS space station and other destinations will stimulate the
economy around Van Horn, too.

1 Like

By the way, SpaceX and Blue Origin space cargo businesses depend on
American made BE4 and BE6 liquid fueled rocket engine boosters. And
guess what they are using for fuel......LIQUIFIED NATURAL GAS...LNG and
liquid oxygen!! Natural gas produced in west Texas and liquified in
a plant on their property north of Van Horn....and a plant to liquify
oxygen from the atmosphere. So, their spaceport is going to be self
sustaining......all PRIVATELY owned with no US Government involvement.

1 Like

Don't sell your surface rights land. Lease a Right of Way to an oil company
or pad sites for drilling, but don't sell your property. You can turn
that 10 acres into a monthly income stream by leasing the surface for some operations....like having a saltwater disposal facility or a fresh
frack water sales facility on it.

1 Like