Courthousedirect.com/Leases for Fayette County, Texas

February 22, 2018

https://www.courthousedirect.com/LeaseAlert/Home/GetBatch/?id=sijsByH%2f4elDtAXbQMnUdCFizSO2eVjvSy6T1Agp%2bSagwQWnxBFOjOv%2fVBK7IDkd7UPxRI6kZTtTr4lMCOGXOvYCnefOw74VO46XeqKXveH46sdan2fjy1j1c7etLaHe

March 08, 2018

https://www.courthousedirect.com/LeaseAlert/Home/GetBatch/?id=sijsByH%2f4elDtAXbQMnUdCFizSO2eVjvSy6T1Agp%2bSagwQWnxBFOjBCRtTjeieNnJELx1oNuwIQknWOG6kgGaTw77RRRdDw5pa%2ffNqPNi%2bUK3Vm14ZYppX8vQYR0ItqO

Still nothing in my area NW of Flatonia except for one line item from Laredo Energy sending out some long overdue releases of some small properties.

Clint:

After spending a little more time looking over the latest Fayette County postings, a friend pointed out one interesting entry. A 949 acre plot was leased between Muldoon and Cistern just south of FM 2237 by a company I have never heard of before.

Anyone know anything about a company by the name of FOURTH FLOOR COASTAL LLC?

April 05, 2018

https://www.courthousedirect.com/LeaseAlert/Home/GetBatch/?id=sijsByH%2f4elDtAXbQMnUdCFizSO2eVjvSy6T1Agp%2bSagwQWnxBFOjC8TnjNCejcrO9xAcszl47oppz9TkcuwkQRSsS5TWUcQ9RHKCXY3d6C%2b9hgtfMxjA5s5P8ETbpqW

This new MRF program has me buffaloed; but, since I really don’t know where I am or really how I got here, I am just posting something to see what happens. Not sure if both Fayette County blogs still exist or if they have been merged or what. Until I can figure this new program out, it is like trying to play a game of Chinese Checkers without being able to speak or read Chinese.

Nothing happening in the SW part of Fayette County North of I-10 as far as I can tell. If anyone has figured out this new program or even gets this, let me know. Thanks

Hello Bigfoot…this new forum has lots of folks scratching their heads…impossible to navigate for us older folks…some of my forum friends can’t even get onboard…supposedly that’s the way Kenny wanted it to be…get rid of us older heads…and it’s on the cheap and has no class like the other forum. I’m not wasting my time on this new forum posting stuff. With all we contributed to the other forum and now it’s gone. If you wish to keep in touch by email feel free to email me anytime at:

Clint Liles _bored

1 Like

Clint:

Thanks for the reply. Intended or not by Kenny, I believe you are correct. I will keep trying just in case we can figure it out so we will be ready when and/or if the leasing effort heats up again. Many of us are just scratching our heads wondering why such a drastic “improvement”! I sent an E-mail note to one of the frequent blogger friends this morning and here is his response.

Keep in touch!

@Clint_Liles The implication that our decision to move this forum to a new software platform has nothing to do with anyone’s age - let’s be crystal clear about that. It does have to do with security, clarity, usefulness and paving the way for years to come. Yes there are differences that will take getting used to, but that will come with use. We’ve been getting more and more notes from people who have gone from questioning the new platform, to seeing it’s benefits. I hope both you and @Bigfoot will stick around long enough to gain an understanding of the new platform. See the Getting Started link in the main navigation for a good start.

Kenny: First I would like to thank you for starting the Forum in the first place. We learned a lot and enjoyed the learning and interplay with different folks. With that said, we sure hated to see the old format go away. Fortunately many of us have gained a few years and are still around, since we first started working with the site and really don’t like to change something we like and are familiar with. Since most of us have been around awhile, it may be a struggle; but, we will do our best to continue to learn and work with the new system. Thanks for your concern and help.

Permit approved to drill

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=ARTHUR&univDocNo=492030795

Clint: I sure don’t know the RRC rules; but, to me 9600 feet/40 acres/gas doesn’t seem to fit. Your thoughts! Thanks

Just a WAG on my part, but the 9600’ is more or less the vertical depth since it’s not permitted as a horizontal well. You’ll see on the plat that the measurement L1 between the surface location and the bottomhole location is only 219.37’. So my guess is that 219.37’ horizontal + 9380.63’ vertical = the 9600’ shown on the permit.

I have no idea as to the ‘why’ of this, but it’s intriguing and better than the crickets we’ve been hearing east of Engle.

Very peculiar permit for sure…Wildcat well?..could be a sorta ‘Test Well’

Clint Liles

It says Wildcat; but, what you just said was my first thoughts and for sure, I don’t know the RRC rules, if there are any until they know what they have found. I assume they can do an open hole well and evaluate and re-do the permit at any point. Anyway, it is nice to see Geo Southern checking the territory out. Maybe some more folks will join in the party.

Thanks again for keeping us posted.

In July WI, TennisDaze and I kicked around what might be behind the well Geosouthern had just permitted called the Lednicky. Also a vertical, that one shown as a 9500’ wildcat. We speculated about it really being a disposal well but TennisDaze disproved that because of the way it was permitted. Research well was the best guess we came up with.

Well, this one Geosouthern is calling the Arthur is in the same Hall survey and only about 2/10’s mile south of their location for the Lednicky. Looks like they’re either planning to do a bunch of research in that area or starting a new field that is lots shallower than the Chalk.

Dusty:

Thanks. I remember reading your discussion back a month or so ago and appreciate your input here. What you are saying makes considerably more sense than really just trying to drill a production well.

Question I have is, if they are research wells what could they be studying with max depth of 9600’ when top of the Chalk is nearly 12000’ in that area, and why does it take two wells? Also looks like the two 40 acre units they formed partially overlap each other but RRC must not have a problem with that.

Dusty: You make a great point. Geo Southern has proven themselves to be a company that does their homework, so I suspect there is a much bigger picture here than any of us know or can figure out; but, IMO, the RRC is not there to protect the mineral owner or the landowner and they aren’t likely to throw up any red flags to one of these big companies unless someone, particularly an adjacent mineral owner, files a formal complaint (however that is done).

Dusty1: I’m confused about the two 40 acre units that you mention. If you’re talking about the Arthur well, I can’t see anything on the plat adding up to more than 40 acres. A square unit of 1320’ on a side. I went back in the thread and found your mention back in July of the Lednicky well and they seem to really be similar. They’re also about 1/4 mile apart but don’t seem to overlap. For additional insight check the RRC GIS viewer.

What’s interesting is that the GIS viewer shows Arthur as probably being drilled from the same pad as Osina and Breitkreuz. Then it looks like the bottom hole location of Arthur MIGHT line up with Lednicky in the same parallel direction as Osina and Breitkreuz.

Bigfoot: You’re correct about doing their homework. I spoke with someone and their guess is that these are both either for MicroSeismic tools to monitor/detect fracture events or to core and log the geology. It’s strictly for gathering data, which is not to say that they may not reenter the well later and continue on with a lateral.

Both: It may not have been mentioned on this thread, but back in March GeoSouthern permitted the South Chalk SWD well 149-33444 on the NE corner of US77 and FM 1383. Nothing has happened yet on this, but it’s 15000 feet and we’d be talking real money if they actually built a facility. Real enough money to indicate that something significant is planned. Just my (hopeful) opinion.