Comanche County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Comanche County, OK. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Welcome to the group, Matthew.

Thank you. Hopefully, I can contribute.

I just found ot that I inherited a mineral deed in T.1. S.R.11 W. Section 21 which if I am reading the map correctly is about two miles south east of Geronimo. Is there any leasing/drilling going on?

William, owner registry only list five wells being drilled in the county in 2011. two in section 3 & one in 7 were producers. Sec 4 & 10 were dry. All the wells were 3N 10W. I visited the area last month and there is no activity at this time. there appears to be some interest in the southeast part of Caddo which could extend into Comanche at some point in time. I have surface/mineral in 28 & mineral in 30 both 2N9W. Just waiting at this point.

My family (all one thousand of us) have the mineral rights to a small patch of land in SE Comanche. I've looked at a well map from thirty years ago and there are a bunch of gas wells operating (or at least they were, then) in the area. I'm curious -- it's obviously been adjudicated in some court or another: when a well a thousand yards from my property is pumping petroleum, especially in these days of horizontal drilling, how does anyone know where the gas is coming from? How can we be reassured that it isn't coming from under our patch of land? I want in on it!

Welcome to our group, kind of dead in the county now, but I have hope that things will heat up with deep depth drillings later. Were are your interest located?

Sec 22

4N 11W SW4 NW4 SE4

Is anyone aware of any drilling activity in 2N 9W Comanche Co.?

None that I am aware of at this time. What section are your interest in? I have interest in 28 & 30 2N 9W

Sec. 08-2N-9W Comanche Co.

My Goodness, at last a little activity: sec 3 4N 11W Spring Operating for Pooling

For everyone in these discussions....

Do NOT do business with Ferrell Oil out of Oklahoma City. We had an offer to purchase minerals in Grady County, 11-03-06. Jim Meyer with Ferrell said he represents a college endowment fund and wanted to purchase our property for the school. We negotiated a purchase contract with them and was asked to fax it to them with our signature so they could show it to the school to get funding to close the purchase. He said it would take 30 days to do a title opinion. They, however, never did sign the contract and return it to us.

As it turns out, they are a broker and do not purchase property for their clientele rather than look for a buyer once you agree to sell to Ferrell Oil. They will want to issue you a 30 day bank draft and if they can't find a buyer for your property in those 30 days, they just don't pay the draft. We negotiated to be paid by ACH/Wire Transfer.

We will find another buyer but DO NOT do business with Ferrell Oil out of Oklahoma City unless you want to sit around, be lied to and then never get the deal closed.

Also be wary of them doing business under another name.

I have been contacted in the past 4 weeks about leasing 80 acres one mile north of Sterling. Would $300 per acre for a three years 3/16 lease with a two year option be appropriate? for this area. I live in Des Moines, Iowa, so I am not around there to keep up on current activity very much. Thanks

There has not been much activity in Comanche County until recently. There have been some activity north part of county. Have you had leases before? Marathon has leased several sections due east in northwest Stephens County 2N 8 & 9W. Depending on your financial situation, I would consider it since there has been no activity in a number of years. Do NOT agree to the two year option and ask for the formations they are drilling to; so you can have a depth clause in the contract. We have surface & mineral stright south of you around Pumpkin Center. My mother and sisters live in Urbandale Iowa. I travel there frequently.

Mitchell, Thanks for the prompt response. You have been very helpful. We signed a lease in around 1983 when all of the deep drilling was going on. We participated in two 9000 foot gas wells up until around the 2000s. Apparently, the wells became uproductive and our lease was released. There were/are some good deep gas wells around there. I am thinking that possible the shale/horizontal drillers may now be interested. But, there doesn't seem to be much activity now. I am wondering if we should just sit it out, perhaps until spring. This 80 acres has been in the family since around 1905. It now belongs to me and to my brother. I do visit there about once a year on my return trip from wintering near Brownsvile, Texas. Thanks again for you help

I would wait too. If they are going to drill, let them force pool you and take the best offer for you. I have interest in both surface/mineral on my great grandfathers place south of you. The first well came in in 1924. Hanbury #1. at over 400 bbls. It blew in ruining the cotton crop and my great grandad had a nervous breakdown and was put in bed for a while. They plugged the well when the price of oil dropped to nothing. It was still producing a large amount of oil. It is still down there but we cannot get anyone interested in re-opening. Still three wells producing on the place. Keep us updated.

New to the group and probably did not enter this question properly. I have via my Mom have mineral rights in Comanche County. Just looking to see if any activity near them. The mineral rights are at: Section 26 township 3 range 10 & Section 14 township 3 range 10

Any activity in this area. Thank you.

S/2 NE/4 of Section 24, Township 3 North,Range 9 West, Comanche County. Any interest/activity in that area?

hello all, new to your group. I have the following: Township 4N, R10W, S19-20. I don't know much about this area since I am in the Kansas City Area. I do know this area is Elgin, Ok. Any Information that you may have would be greatly appreciated in this matter. Thank you in advance!!!