Coal County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Pooling is still pending on 29 and 30-1N-9E

Linda, pooling hearing moved to Nov. 21.

No permits issued yet. This is where you go to look for well records. You need to type in the location box 2901N09E or 30.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

Does anyone know what happen on Nov 21 on pooling order for Sec 29 1n9e. &301n,9e coal county

Linda, Hearing moved to 12/19/16 Bravo

Docket results for the 7th not posted yet.

http://jay.law.ou.edu/faculty/Hampton/Mineral%20Title%20Examination…

This is a great article on how to read the maps and how they came about.

Yes, basically 36 sq miles although there are some adjustments on the north sides and west sides for the curvature of the earth. Each section is usually one sq mile or 640 acres except where there are adjustments.

That is correct. Each township is 6 miles x 6 miles.

Here is the Coal County map with Township and Range

Coal%20County%20Map.pdf

Any future in Cunningham 1 H-20 by Newfield??

Just a reminder to everyone who asks questions. It is so much more helpful if you post the section-township-range. A section number or a well name by themselves may not be unique and take longer to look up or we can’t look them up at all. Glad to help, but point us in the right direction.

I have many leases in effect in Coal County from various companies. Is there any new drilling news or outlook for Coal County. One section I have interest is Section 32.

Rudy, no leases have been filed in the last 999 days in that section, so that is the most current that I know about. The last pooling numbers were in 2014 in the southern part of the township and were $350 3/16, so the $250-350 range is probably about right. The terms of the lease are more important-no post production costs whatsoever, depth clause, commencement of drilling clause, limit shut in time, etc.

I have a lease offer in 1-2N-8E @ $250/NMA, 3/16, 3yr. It’s good to hear some activity, but I’m not current on this area. Does anyone have information about leasing activity here, or what sort of terms might be available?

I use Drilling Info for the leasing and the pooling data. Then I hop over to the OCC website to look up all the info on the pooling orders. Do you know how to use it?

Thanks, Martha. That’s very kind. I’ve initiated the friending.

My counties are: Atoka, Bryan, Carter, Coal, Creek, Grady, Hughes, Jackson, Jefferson, Latimer, McCurtain, Murray, Pontotoc, Pottawatomie, and Hidalgo in TX.

I have a nice Coal County map showing township/range/section detail. I got the original URL here, probably posted by Martha Barnes, but I’m not sure. I’m now trying to find these maps for all 13 counties in which we have mineral holdings, but I’m not finding them. The one I have is labelled, in the lower-right corner, “Stillwater OK NRCS GIS Section August 07”. We’ve done a fair amount of searching using this information, including on the (strange) NRCS website, but I can’t find these. Can anyone help?

go to the ODOT website (Oklahoma Department of Transportation)

I use their Highway maps. Find under Oklahoma’s General County Roads. The reason I like these is it gives Section, Township & Range. You can click to zoom in.

you can print or you can purchase one of the maps for a nominal fee. Used to be about $8. Don’t know what it is now.

About how much is the subscription to DrillingInfo (just ballpark)? Can’t seem to find their prices.

Christine: There are various subscription levels, but I think it starts about $2000/yr. That sounds like a lot, but I think it pays for itself even with my minimum use. However, I’m managing about 100 properties, so there’s usually a lease or three each year, and my main use is to analyze those situations and try to negotiate for the best deal I can get.

Does any one know if the pooling order on section 29-1N-9E and sec 30-1N-9E in coal county ever went through and got approved