Coal County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

PO Boxes get certified mail return receipt all the time. I have one.

Looks like Green Wing filed a bunch of leases back in December and January. for 29 & 30-1N-9E. If you leased back then and your title was clear, then it should have been filed. You could demand that they return the lease, but you may not have any luck. You could also call them and see if the land person you spoke with is still there. I have had land men quit and drop all their paperwork, so it could be that as well.

Cinco Energy Land Services LLC is heavily leasing currently. So… in some cases, if you haven’t been paid and the other company gets to the courthouse first to file, then the “second lease” has priority over the first. You might even get a better price and better lease! Can’t hurt to try.

Any of you land guys out there want to comment on “first to file”?

It’s my understanding that Oklahoma is a first filing state.

Also go to the OCC website http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles
and type in 201602319 in the Case # box. This has the application and exhibits for the well that is about to be drilled.
I do not see your name under the respondents, so you may need to look under your relative’s name if you in the middle of clearing up title or heirship.

When you get to my page, right under the blue icon on the left. Click Add as Friend. I will accept when I get it.

Did you sign an “Order of Payment”? If so on what date?

The class I just took also said that it is a first filing state. So Linda, if you can get another lease before the pooling, then make sure they get to the courthouse first. Get payment the day you hand it over.

Linda, unfortunately that Order of Payment is 60 BUSINESS days. It states “no default for non-payment may be claimed by Lessor during said 60 business-day period.”

Also, "Tender of said Order of Pyment shall be considered and acknowledged by all parties to be full consideration for Lessor’s restraint from entertning any bona fide offer, written or otherwise comunicated, during the thirty (30) business day period Lessee has to verify title. "

I interpret the 30 days to verify title to be the 2nd 30 days of the total 60 days.

Pooling is actually fine. It gives you most of what you would want in a lease.

If you are on your phone and on my page, see the little image of a person with a plus sign at the very bottom? Hit that and then you can add me as a friend. I will accept.

Are your 60 days up with Greenwing?

Is it an offer from Cinco or the actual pooling order? If it is the notice of the pooling or the letter they send out ahead of time, that is not the actual order and you may be held by your 60 payment contract.

Just send you a friend request.

Linda, I think the important issue is have they paid your lease bonus.

okcountyrecords.com
you can check your name to see if your lease is filed.

Bravo Aroma has pending hearing dates for 29 (Cause 201602481) & 30 (201602323)
http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/030C4B8D.pdf There is a protest on it.
http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/CaseFiles/030C3A48.pdf

I would suggest that you stay in touch with your cousin. When the orders come out, you should go ahead and answer as if you were pooled. That way, you have a backup to protect yourself. You only have 20 days from the day the order is granted. Have to answer quickly by certified mail.
Friend me (on the forum) with the blue icon to the left and I can tell you how you should answer. I have a template letter.

FYI Martha, my husband said Oklahoma was a first filing state. I asked our Carter County Clerk, Cynthia Anderson, and she concurred.

It will all depend upon the timing. If the pooling order comes out after the 60 days and you have not been paid by Greenwing, then you may be able to sign. If the pooling order comes out and the 20 days to answer is within your 60 days, then you may not be able to.

Friend me with the blue icon at the left and I can explain your options.

In your area, Cinco Energy and Green Wing

It means the pooling hearing has been post phoned.

Linda,

If your description is right, the acreage looks something like this. acreage.jpg

The terms of the sale should be filed at the courthouse and you can see which parts he kept or sold by the description on the deed.

acreage2.png

This one has the markup of acres for Linda.

Hey Linda,

Click on the little blue X at the top right of your comment and ‘poof’ it’s gone.

Clint Liles