Coal County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Any comment on Berlin’s recent post??

anything happening Cunningham 1 H 20, coal co., Newfield??

Will a new well near ours jeopardize production from ours?

I have mineral rights involving 4 wells in Coal Co. Section 16 1N 10E from which I have been receiving royalties for several years. A permit has just been issued to a different operator for Section 15 1N 10 E. If the latitude and longitude figures of all these are correct, this new well is a little less than 4,000 ft. from one of ours. Not knowing anything about oil/gas extraction, I’m wondering if this new well can draw any oil/gas sideways out my area. If it matters, the new well is for Woodford 8200 ft, whereas ours are for Woodford 7700 ft and 7900 Ft. Thanks. Diane

An experienced imager would be cheaper than a landman unless you need them to actually chain the title forward to you. If you want, I can forward the name of an imager that has experience in tracking down deeds and putting together a chain of documents into a runsheet. If he is available it would save you a considerable amount.

Otherwise, I can forward the names of a few landman who would be willing to pick up the work.

Friend me on the forum and I will send you a message with their contact information.

What is the document you are seeking? If filed after August, 1992 you can find it on OKCounty records.

Diane,

The OCC has rules in place to make sure wells don’t drain each other. That being said, the horizontal wells drain in a cigar like shape with the diameter of the cigar being something like 600’, so the 4000’ distance is unlikely to drain your well. Operators are constantly doing tests to ascertain the distance between wells to get the optimal drainage without impacting the “well next door”, so this is just a general guideline.

Linda, pooling still pending on those sections.

M Barnes,

Thank you so much. This forum is a great resource for folks like me who once in a while need reassuring by the knowledgeable members here.

Looking for information on Section 8-3N-11E Coal County, OK.

have a lease offer of $300/nma, 1/5, 3 yr term on Sec14 2N 8E and Sec 23-2N 8E. Does anyone have comparable offer terms?

14-2N-8E has a pending pooling. You should be able to get a smidge higher on the $300 and 1/5. Ask for $350 and see what happens.

Yr. and half ago I got $450/ac and 22% royalty in Sections 14 & 15, 1N 8E. Also got good addendum with no deductions, pugh clauses and others.

Today I received an offer from Preston Ridge Oil to purchase for 2 1/2 times my last bonus. Subject to their approval of course.

I have had recent inquiry to lease in Section 3-1N-9E Coal County to drill horizontal well in the Mississippi, Woodford, Hunton, Sylvan. Anyone have advise on the lease bonus being paid?

Also have someone interested in 32-2N-9E.

Information appreciated

Stephen P. Matthews: Thanks for quick reply. I leased to Cinco in 2015 the same descriptions you cited. They were leasing for Bravo Arkoma (918) 894-4440. In section 20, Arkoma produced a well, the Lackey 2-17/20H. I am receiving checks.

You were probably forced pooled. You may have some funds being held for you by the Oklahoma Treasurer’s office as as unclaimed property.

Thank you Judy Phillips. I have had a lot of that, having minerals in 12 S OK counties, all of which seem to be lively. I moved back home to Seminole 2 1/2 years ago. My address changes and that of my wife, who also has minerals in the same counties, had not kept up with our interests. She had COPD and it was a full-time job meeting her needs. Unfortunately, she passed September 24. I have to get this all in order so that I can pass it to her daughter who knows nothing about this. I appreciate your information. I will contact Bravo and the Treasurer.

sm

Please accept my condolences, Stephen.

I suggest you or your daughter join the National Assn. of Royalty Owners in Tulsa. Along with national membership you can choose NARO Oklahoma assn. also. This is the best way I know to learn about leasing and managing your minerals.

Coal County Post for Mineral Rights Forum

I have the following for Coal County:

S29 T1N R9E S2 NE

S29 T1N R9E SE NW

S20 T1N R9E NW SW

S20 T1N R9E N2 SW SW

Cinco Energy Land Services, LLC expressed interest in Section 29 as recently as June 26, 2015. Bearcat Land, Inc. expressed interest in August of 2006. I did not lease or sell in either case. I am in the middle of recording my father’s interest in those two properties, as well as updating the address of the grantee of my mother’s interest. I have moved twice since the Bearcat offer so I am updating my address. I have no idea if any drilling occurred due to the moves and rejection of their offers. I know Bearcat usually buys/ leases for Continental but I am not sure about Cinco. I noted some posts on both sections in this thread.

Thank you Ann Whitchurch. That sounds like a good idea.

Judy,

Section 4-1N-9E was pooled a year ago for $600 3/16, $450 1/5 or $0 1/4.

Sec 26-2N-9E was pooled in mid 2017 for $112.50 3/16 Miss play. That gives you a range. Someone may more current data.

M. Barnes: Thanks for the info.

M. Barnes: A while back on the Hughes County forum page, you shared your “Exhibit A” page which I cannot locate. Would you mind sharing again?