Coal County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Christine, where are your minerals located?

1N-8E (Hi, Ann :slight_smile: I’ve had an expression of interest here from Green Wing.

Ann: Yup, I should have remembered that. We’ve done three leases to that combo, in this area, in the last two years. We have about 25 properties in 1N/2N - 8E/9E, and my memory, unfortunately, is what it used to be. :frowning:

GreenWing is leasing for Canyon Creek.

Here is a link to look up your property/well status: www.occpermit.com/WellBrowse/

Hi everyone! I started this group a long time ago because there wasn’t a group for Coal County. I’m so happy that there are so many knowledgeable people in here now that are willing to help those of us who know nothing about all of this…especially me. Years ago, my Mom inherited rights in 17, township 1S, range 11E. She received a very large lease check in about 2006. We were told it was an extremely large check for that amount of interest. Newfield was the operator and the company that was administering this has all of her children’s names/addresses, etc. Someone in here gave me a website link where I could check on the status of the wells in the county records and could find out the names of them. The company told us that they had built at least two wells (one of them was named Blue), but when I looked at the records, it was marked “dry”. The company apparently has since gone bankrupt, so we were told that someone else may purchase the wells and pick up where the other company left off. When this all first started, they told us to tell Mom that “she did very, VERY well for herself…that there is an extreme amount of oil/gas/money that will come from this”. Now it’s been almost 10 years…haven’t heard anything from anyone. Any advise from anyone or do we just write this off as an impossible dream? If anyone has that link to the court house also, that would be greatly appreciated. Again, thank you to all the knowledgeable people in here…looks like you’ve been able to help quite a few people and that is awesome!

rgrs-

Newfield drilled the Blue 1H-17 in 2007. It was a dry hole which means it never produced. The well was supposed to go to 15672’ to the Woodford. It only drilled for 12 days and set surface casing, so I wonder if something went wrong. However, hang onto your mineral rights. You never know what might happen later with new technology.

Actually, posting that note caused me to realize that I may have information of interest to others here. Green Wing asked me earlier in the year for a list of our properties in Coal County, and when I provided it, they expressed an interest in 9 different sections in 1N-8E and 2N-8E. So their interest covers a considerable area here.

Thank you M Barnes for that info. How did you find that out? How can I track things on that property? There are 22 acres involved.

Canyon Creek and Bravo are very busy in 2N9E. I see Location Exception hearings for Miss, Woodford and Hunton. Other reservoirs are listed in some of the applications, so we will have to see.

Ann Whitchurch, we are all over Coal County…current interest from Green Wing and Cinco is in 16-1N-9E. Best offer is $200/ac and 1/5th for 3 years.

Thank you, Christine!

Coal County has been to the Oklahoma leasing activity map. As always I welcome any input, recommendations or complaints.

You will need to filter down to Coal County and play with the date range filter or just turn the transparency setting to the right if you simply want to look for your section on a map.

http://map.open-lease-auction.com/

I am new to the forum I have .mineral rights in sec 29 township 1n,9 east and township 300. 01n,09e I have a question I sent .my leases in to them and they have not filed the. Yet and they have done filed my cousins and have done paid her but they keep giving me the run around and I have not receive any money what do I do

Linda, the phone number may depend upon the landman that you were assigned to. The number I have is 405-286-1493. Call them and find out what happened. Then send them a certified letter return receipt, so you have a paper trail. Demand that they pay you and file the lease or return it so that you can lease with someone else. They may not have received it. Did you hand it over or mail it? Sometimes a sandman quits and the followup person doesn’t know what their book of business was.

Waiting to file a lease so competitors won’t know anything is going on in that area.

No, if you are leased, then they cannot pool you.

Go ahead and contact the landman with Anevay and get him/her hopping on it as well.

They can hold off a long time in filing your lease if they are trying to not give away a position. It is called stealth leasing. However, they do need to pay you. Do you have a draft payment page? It should say on there how long they have to pay. They may be doing title work. Usually about 30-45 days.

They’re leasing for Canyon Creek Energy. If they haven’t paid you when they were supposed to, I’d contact Canyon.

Did they send you an “Order of Payment” to sign? It had a 30 business day provision to pay and also an opening for title work that could give them 60 business days to pay.

Also Lessor had to give them 30 business days before another offer could be accepted, 15 days after they received notice.

Basically their OOP could hold my minerals for 6 to 12 weeks. I refused to sign it and we went round & round.