Coal County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Scott, I’m traveling at this time and will be back in Florida the last of this month. Once I return I’ll provide the number I have for Green Wing.

Scott, GreenWing is the leasing agent for Canyon Creek. I don’t have a phone number for GreenWing but here is an address: Matt Sadler, GreenWing Energy, P O Box 13647, OKC 73112

I just got an email about an explosion and fire at a well near Coalgate. On my way to TV to see if there is a report.

Daily Oklahoman reports a fire with 2 killed and 3 others injured. So sad to hear of this tragedy. Deceased are Gary Kennen, age 26, from Ada and Kelsey Bellah, age 27, from Tulsa.

I was just pooled in Sec. 5, 1N 8E by Canyon Creek Energy because I wouldn’t sign their lease that had every deduction known to man. The pooling options are $350/acre bonus with 3/16ths royalty or 1/4th and no bonus. Targets are Cromwell & Hunton on 40 acre spacings.

Scott, yes vertical well(s) and I feel sure Canyon will operate.

Just heard the explosion was about 1:30 am and at least two were injured…rumor is they had an electric heater on the site???

Does anyone happen to know the section number or well name where the explosion occurred. We own mineral rights in Section 16 of 01N 10E roughly 2-3 miles outside of Coalgate. My thoughts/prayers are now with the surviving victims. I assume (hope) this sort of incident is rare.

I read the explosion was 2 miles west of Coalgate. Haven’t looked up section info.

The drilling company mentioned was Dan D Drilling of Lamont, OK, and the rig owner was Pablo Energy out of Amarillo, TX.

According to reports, two men died and others were injured.

Glen, Welcome to the forum.

Your section was pretty quiet for a while, so glad to hear there are new offers. Last ones in 29 were in 2013. In general, the first offer will be low to the final offer. I would not be the first horse out of the gate, since you will be lowballed. More important is to get a good lease (also not the first one you will be offered.) There is quite a bit of horizontal drilling just a couple of miles to the east of you. To get started read the MINERAL HELP at the top of the forum. Read over the last year or so of comments on this county. Other good counties to read are Garvin, Grady and Stephens. Some of it is very specific to those counties, but they have some excellent links and advice on leasing in general. Coal is slightly different geology and is in the Arkoma Basin and not the Anadarko Basin, but some of the lessons overlap. Come back when you get a copy of the lease and I will walk you through the pros and cons.

Received offer from Cinco Energy (most likely leasing for some oil company) to lease in 29-1N-9E and in 20-1N-9E. These minerals have not been leased since 2010 when everything was being leased. My offer was $200 for 3/16. Waiting to see if they make further contact.

32 -3N-10E there are horizontal wells in 33 (a lot) and one in 31, so maybe you will get some interest in 32 soon. Devon seems to be the player in the area. Newfield in there as well.

23-1N-8E The SW part of the section has production. A couple of leases in 2013. Are you getting paid on any of the older wells?

I have mineral rights in Coal county. Does anyone know if there is any activity going on at this location? SE/4 of Section 23-1N-8E I have not been contacted by anyone if there is something happening. Appreciate your help.

I also have these. Coal County , OK Elvis 32A-4 SE/4 NE/4 Section 32 -3N-10E NWNE E/2 Section 32-3N-10E Again I appreciate the help.

I’m new to this forum, and we have just received an offer to lease minerals that our family has inherited. Minerals are in Sec 29-1N-9E. Has anyone leased in this area recently, and/or does anyone know what might be considered good options to lease? Thanks.

Cuz,

Send me info and I will try to get you other offers.

John, I was force pooled by Canyon Creek in Section 5, 1N 8E for a Cromwell/Hunton test. The well was to cost around $1.5 million dollars and they also had their permit to drill.

The Pooling Order & Permit to Drill have both recently expired. I blame the bottom falling out of oil prices for this. Force Pooling is expensive also.

John, we’re mineral neighbors. I’m in Section 14, 1N 8E which joins your section on the North. I also have a tract in Section 15.

Haven’t had so much as a tire kicker in recent years.

John, the Elvis 32A-4 was a dry hole-no oil or gas. Drilled in 2000.

Holder 1-32 was drilled back in 1978, but was plugged in 1981. So no production on anything right now.

The oil companies have landmen that go through the county records to see who owns what. If your address hasn’t changed, then they can usually find you.

Here is a map of Coal County so you can located your minerals.

Coal%20County%20Map.pdf

This next one explains the SE/4, etc. That part of Coal County is pretty much a gas play. If prices come up a bit, I expect some more horizontal drilling will happen.

http://jay.law.ou.edu/faculty/Hampton/Mineral%20Title%20Examination…

In the meantime, it would be good if you want to learn more to do a couple of things. Read the MINERAL HELP and the BLOGS at the top of the forum. Read the last year or so of the comments and discussion in the Coal County forum. You might want to go online and read the investor presentations for the last six months for Devon, Newfield, Continental Resources, etc. just to get an idea about what is going on. Most of those will be for the Anadarko basin and you are in the Arkoma basin, but they have some good maps and info on horizontal wells. When you start getting offers, come back here. The first offers you get will be lower than the final ones. The first lease you get offered will be all in the company favor, but it is negotiable to get more in your favor, so don’t sign the first thing that comes along. Welcome to the forum.

Let’s hope it turns around soon. I believe the oil industry brought the nation out of recession, lots of jobs - high paying jobs.

Happy 4th!