Coal County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Not much new. Some leasing activity in Sec 23 and 29. Newest well in the T-R is in section 2 with BP.

Has anybody ever dealt with BP for one thing you can never get ahold of them. They are past the 6 month period 12% is being added to them daily now They haven’t sent our division order when they told us a month ago.This has been the worst nightmare we have experienced so far we have 5 wells 3 of them on our land These wells have been selling gas since April 19th BP has collected on all of them for over six months…Does anybody know of a good lawyer who is familiar with Coal county it’s time to go after these thieves

Finally got word from BP division orders are on the way hopefully checks for christmas

We received our Division orders today from BP they are trying to get us to except 1/8th instead of 1/4th what do we do now attorney time I guess. How much longer does it take to get a check once you received D.O.

Anybody familiar with Canyon? I have a lease offer in Sec. 5, 1N 8E.

Thank you M Barnes. I will try that.

regarding the shut in question. Search for the well on the tax records. Use the legal description and see what its production record is.

If they don’t pay you a shut in fee every year, then you need to get a release of the lease. Call or write the company. Check your original lease to see if you had a time limit. If you don’t, they can drag it out forever. But if they don’t pay you, then the lease has expired and you can lease again. Better to get a document that Quitclaims it so you can prove it.

FYI Read your lease forms! I was unable to lease to Canyon in Sec. 5 1N 8E because their lease form allowed every type deduction you can imagine. Green Wing Energy was the land company leasing for them.

Ann, coincidentally, I just received a letter on 4/11/14 from Green Wing Energy asking to lease Sec. 2, 1N, 8E at $100/acre bonus and 3/16 royalty. I own less than one net acre mineral interest, so there’s not a huge stake, but I came to this forum to see what I could find. Would you say given Green Wing’s association with one oil company who appears to be suspect, that one could say Green Wing is also suspect?

I wonder if there’s a “clearing house” list at these forums that gives names of oil companies and landmen who have proven to be less than forthright and/or difficult. Would sure help to be able to read about others’ experiences before signing on with a company. Farris Eden’s comments in this forum about BP have made me wary of them, besides the fact that they were responsible for the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Angel, when you get closer to leasing, come back here or friend me. There are some clauses you need to know about. Do not sign their lease….

Ann, Newfield pooled 1-1N-8E for $500 and 3/16 next door to you last April 2013, so I am thinking $100 is a very low. They pooled an unusual 640 acre horizontal standup unit consisting of the West half of both Sec 1 and the west half of 36 to the north to drill a Horizontal well for the Hunton, Woodford and Mississippian. They drilled one in 2012 and only got 32 bbl oil and 15 MCF gas which is not very good. So you might want to hold off for a while and see if they will offer more.

Given what little I could find out about Green Wing Energy, I would say it is a broker for someone else-maybe Newfield, but who knows. At one acre, you might want to wait closer to the force pooling for 2 and see what happens. The offer should go up.

M. Barnes, thanks so much for the info.

Green Wing told me they were leasing for Canyon. I have about 2 1/2 acres. They told me they needed to deduct for undefined “enhancements”. In the past I’ve had as much as 20% deducted from my check for expenses. This is in addition to severance tax.

Angela, many landmen will try to get people to lease with a provision for these “enhancements” however if the royalty owner balks, these can be negotiable. Depends on the company the landman is working for. Depends on how hot the area is and how badly they want it.

Okay, will do…

I’m in Section 5 and the prospect was also Mississippian.

Thank you for the information, Ann and M. Barnes. I believe I will hold off and see what other offers I may get for this mineral interest.

Hello. I need the names of a few good oil and gas attorneys in Coal County, please. Thanks in advance!

Any recent updates on lease offers in Coal?

Green Wing Energy offered $300 bonus; 3/16th royalty interest on Section 26-2N-8E. This section has never been leased before and we are not familiar with Green Wing. Leases on other sections have been leased by Newfield Mid-Continent. Anyone have information on Green Wing and what might be forecast for the referenced section?

Martha K, Green Wing has been taking up a few leases in different sections in this area. A company called Canyon Creek Energy has been leasing much larger acreage in this area. Their phone number is 918-561-6737.

Do you have the phone number for Green Wing? Sometimes you can get a better lease when 2 or more companies want to lease the same section.

Ann, With 40 acre spacing they must be drilling vertical wells, is that right? Is Canyon Creek going to be the operator of the wells?