Cleveland County, OK Oil & Gas Discussion archives

So sorry I missed your previous posts. Would have saved me a LOT of frustration. I had to find out the hard way - online research, email inquiries, leaving voice mail messages (some of which were never returned). In case some of you don't know, for Cleveland County, nobody is buying anything, nobody is going to renew leases - until oil prices go back up. Silver Creek isn't going to put another dime into that area, period. I have a 2-year lease, which expires in October, so those of you with a 3-year lease might have a chance of being renewed by next year. Maybe things will be better then. Well, things could be better in the next few months...but who knows? Anyway, what I've said is my situation at the moment - very discouraging.

Mineral owners:www.okenergytoday.com provides daily Completion Reports and Permits to Drill on the left hand column under the same name. All other well information for your county including Spud Reports, ownership changes, permits to re-drill, etc, can be found under Royaltiy Owners Corner, also on the left side.If you wish to subscribe to our free Daily Email Newsletter, click on the Subscribe button

Any activity in Cleveland County lately?

I had 1 contract last year and several the year before but the fluctuation in oil prices caused the contracts to never materialize however the last contract was the closet we had to 20% royalty.

Where are your holdings located?

27 9N 3W......I erased my post but I don't know how I did it.

I have something in 27-9-3...received an offer to lease 2 or 3 years ago, but it wasn't much so I didn't pursue it. My Grandfather owned farmland there in the 20s, he never sold mineral rights when he bought and sold a farm. How many net mineral acres do you have?

My grandmother who owned the Norman Country Club kept the mineral rights and they worked their way down to my cousins and me.....we have 10 acres each.

I hope activity in Cleveland County picks up. We have 15 acres Sec 28, 8 North, 1 West.

I remember that Country Club, we used to have teen age dances there. My dad said he used to grow watermelons as a teen on his dad's land that was 'way out past Berry Rd'.

Who made your offer? I would like to sell everything I have in Cleveland Co.

Stephen-We have had a well about 5 mi E of you for years and years, not much there in money, for sure. McKiddy 1-28 is the name in 8n1e.

Wife and I got out of Norman Hi in 1953.

Seems as if the dance floor was upstairs??

Better check out his review on BCF

https://www.bizapedia.com/ok/bcf-minerals-llc.html

The whole upstairs was a giant dance floor that I would run and slide on for hours.:)

I have become friends with a guy who offered to buy my lease last year..... he has sat in some of my season tickets at OU games and he advised me to keep my rights in 27 because the outfit who owns a lot of the leases in our section is the best one around and they love the geology of our section.

I can't believe all the buy offers I'm getting for minerals we have in McClain County and some in Cleveland. It seems confidence is high, there are better days ahead I think. I am not selling ANY minerals.

Permit was issued for Cleveland County yesterday.....first in a while that I can see....it's in section 21 so maybe things will heat up.

Are you talking about the 21 in 9N and 3W ?

Curt...you and I got some in 27 9N 3W but this is 21 8N 1W ....but at least it's some activity in the area.

When someone just gives a section number, you gotta ask...

I also have something in 8N 1E. Thanks for the info