Cheyenne County, CO - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Cheyenne County, CO. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

My siblings and I recently signed pretty much the same deal with Paschal Energy. I don’t have don’t have my tract number handy, but I don’t think we’re far from your interest.

I, also, recently signed with Paschal for the same deal. After having absolutely no interest expressed in my mineral acreage in this area for years, all of a sudden things seem to be popping. I wonder which oil or gas companies have plans.

We have several hundred acres throughout Cheyenne County, particularly south of Cheyenne Wells and both East and West of highway 385. We have had several offers from multiple landmen. The first one started at $50/acre but we turned it down. Our best offer so far, after some negotiating, is $125/acre at 1/8th royalty for 3 years with 2 year option.

My brother in law, who also has in interest in the mineral rights, works for an oil company in Houston as an analyst. He has talked to several of his friends throughout the oil industry who are advising him to hold out as they expect the prices to go higher. Although $125 is a good price for our area with regards to its history of leasing, I believe we are going to wait it out a little longer as we expect the prices to increase. The rumor is that Chesapeake is making a play in this area and I tend to believe it.

Don’t know. I just wish they’d get it over and get to something. It seems they are scooping up quite a bit to be planning on just holding it, but I’m no expert.

i have had a couple offers on my land in cheyenne county to date. One from Paschal and one from Diamond resources. One was $50 NMA w 15% royalty for 5 yr and 3 yr option at $100 and 15%. I also have rec'd $75 NMA and 15% for 5 yr and the same for a 3 year option. I havent signed anything yet but I have a feeling could probably get more on the agreements.

I located a geocommunicator map (link below) and plotted the offers I found posted on this site. If you update a post with your platt info (13S 51W), I will update the map and repost. The offer I received last October was $25 for 5 yrs + 5yr option from Diamond for 13S 51W. I did not accept the offer.

Cheyenne%20County%20Mineral%20Rights%20Offers.docx

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=Energy

my mother has rights east of Cheyenne Wells and she got an offer from peakview energy with a landmans own company ,offering $100.00 an acre, just wondering if anybody else knows of this outfit, thanks

Have an offer from Paschal right now, for SE Cheyenne County, for $75 for 5+5. They don't want to remove the 'Warrant & Defend', or to split my two non-contiguous properties into two separate leases. They also sent a 60 day draft, instead of a check. According to what I have read on this site, these things are not in my best interest. What is the best way to contact other companies, to let them know that I have land to lease, and get some better offers?

Jordan, thanks for the info, the 60 day draft is what we have been told,again thanks for the info.

Have heard lately more activity with Paschal that is $ 100 for 3 + 5 and 15%. There may be activity with others at higher prices by now too.

what does auction mean? thanks

I’m wondering if Jason Schluter, or anyone else, has additional info on what’s happening in Cheyenne County (especially terms of current lease offerings)? Several leases have just been recorded in the Cheyenne public records.

Thank you Curly. You appear to be well informed. Do you know what specific area is going for $400 per in Cheyenne? If so, will you post it on the Cheyenne offers map?

Results from Colorado state land auctions can be accessed here: Colorado State Land Auctions. It is organized alphabetically by County.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this posting is for general information purposes only. This posting should not be substituted for legal advice and should not be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or reading does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to contact an attorney for legal advice concerning the information provided.

Since yesterday there have been an additional 37 leases recorded in Cheyenne County. Many by C.R. Petry Investments. Does anyone have info on any of the details of these leases?

Have u heard/dealt with lone/long tree energy or Ben chapman?

We did a deal last July with Lone Tree where they were representing EOG and the deal went exactly as planned and they were prompt with payments. We however did not deal with Ben Chapman, it was another landman.

Was it in Cheyenne? Can u tell me the terms? Thanks Ed

Our deal was in Weld County. 5 year deal, $500/nma, 3/16ths royalty.