Cheyenne County, CO - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

What’s nma? Mineral acre?

Does anyone know if there’s been any drilling anywhere in Cheyenne County?

Thanks Jordan. Do u know if they’re producing?

Someone told me today that Peakview is a relatively new group…young, energetic and more apt (as opposed to larger, older companies) to start working/drilling as soon as they tie up enough acres…and that I should seriously consider signing with them because of this aspect. Any opinion Curly?

I’m new at this and very uninformed. R the middlemen the small companies such as Peakview and Lone tree who lease and then flip? Preferably I’d like to sign with a company who’s serious about drilling sooner rather then 5 years down the road

Why do you think this is heating up now?

U memtioned that u had negotiated a deal for $125 for 3 yrs with 15% royalty. Can u say who this company is?

I have about 350 nma in 12s 45 w

Where is your acreage?

Another question Curly…what’s driving the higher prices in the other counties where acreage is going for $ 400-500?

Curly…have u contacted Troy Besera? He’s the guy who wrote the article u referenced in your feb. 9th posting. The article gives his email address. I thought that since you speak “oil” so easily he might be able/willing to give you additional info???

Hi…what photo? Nothing came through.

Also, Do I understand you correctly that most of Cheyenne has already been leased or were you referring to other counties, such as Weld and Garfield?

Where is your Cheyenne property located?

Hey Jordan/everyone…did u see the announcement in the paper about the partnership formed between Chesapeake and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR). You can check it out at CHK.com/news/articles or in the wall street journal. Let me know what u think!

Hello, Jordan (and all). I own mineral acres in Kiowa and Cheyenne Counties. Where might I find the maps you put online, Jordan?

Hello to Everyone, Jordon so all leases in Cheyenne County have been signed?

I wonder when they will start work in that area? Best Regards, Betty B

Thanks for posting the Cheyenne map. I have property in two sections, in the middle of it. 13S-49W & 14S-45W. Been approached by Paschal to lease BOTH properties on the same lease, for $75, %15, and 5+5. Got an 'order of payment' with the lease, which all-in-all doesn't thrill me. I would prefer to have the properties on separate leases, and from what I have been reading, a better signing bonus & percentage. Is there a standard way, to let people know that you have property to lease?

I would be interested in getting together with others in the Cheyenne area, so we can get the best price for our oil. Thanks again for the great information!

What keeps the people holding out for a good deal, from being 'forced pooled', and missing out on any signing bonus?

Does anyone have specific info on leasing activity in Kit Carsen county?

Hey everyone…does anyone know of any contrasting opinion regarding the probability of this being a foregone conclusion that the end of all this oil and gas leasing is going to actually yield? Has anyone heard ANY opposing opinions or reports?

Received a call from Paschal Energy, that the original landman that I had been dealing with, was no longer with the company. His replacement seems like he wants to talk turkey about removing the warranty clause, that was the reason that I didn't sign before. Now I am not so sure I want to go with less than $100 per acre signing bonus. Still waiting to see what develops in the area. Anyone heard anything lately?