Central District, Wetzel County, WV

**Hello: I wanted to check with anyone else who has mineral rights only on property in the Central District area of Wetzel County, as I have 150 acres and waiting to hear from EQT on starting production. I also wanted to know if there is anyone else in Central District in Wetzel County? I wanted to see how production is going in that area??? Is this a good area of production is what I was curious about? I would think it is Horizontal drilling… Linda **

**Still waiting to hear from EQT production to send me a divisional letter and I’ve heard that they are still trying to get other relatives to sign. How many do they have to get to sign before they start production? I signed July 2018. What happens if they don’t get others to sign? Only 3 people have signed a lease and no one else wants to sign a lease I have heard. It has been over six months since I signed a lease. **I haven’t heard nothing from EQT. I contacted my landman and he says the company is pressuring him to get more people to sign. How many do they have to get to sign? And what happens if they do not sign? Do I just get their percentage then? . Any info or experience on EQT would be appreciated…Thank you in advance…

I believe that all mineral owners need to sign a lease involving a tract before the company can drill, whether EQT or anyone else. If someone refuses to sign, there is a new law in WV, Cotenancy, that states that when a big enough percentage of mineral owners has signed leases, the remaining ones can be forced into leases. The company has to try to get the lease but if not, the unleased become leased. There are a lot of details that I don’t know but that is the gist of it.

**Thanks Nancy: I signed last year May of 2017 a mineral rights lease. I only know of two others in the family that have also around the same time last year, but there is more and they won’t sign a lease. I wonder how long it takes before EQT decides to go ahead with production. I know they can’t keep bugging my other relatives, it’s been a year almost. I still don’t know what is on the property ( 1-8-7) in Central District, Wetzel County. I don’t know yet. I know I saw two wells and pipes layed out on the property. (150 Acres). I’m going to check again today to see if there has been any changes and if they have started anything. I have not gotten the divisional letter either and I know they have to send that to me when they are ready. I will do some more reading on this subject as well. Thanks again. **

Linda,

You will not receive a Division Order until after production has begun, which may take 5 or more years.

Unfortunately, may mineral owners are led to believe the money will come flowing in immediately after signing a lease, which is far from the truth.

thank you for your response. I’ll take my chances. And continue to wait with you and others. Thank you again. Linda :+1:t3:*

It sounds like you know where the property is located. You should get on the Office of Oil and Gas’ website and mess around with their map. You can zoom in to where you property is and see whether there are any wells permitted or producing on the property. That’ll give you a little better idea of what’s going on.