Casillas Multiunit Horizontal Well

Has anyone received D/O for the Sierra 1-32-29WXH? Just received the final order in the mail from the commission approving the multiunit. We have not received any royalties or a D/O but it looks like Casillas reported production in the area where we have interest.

1 Like

They should have the final splits in that order. They needed those before they can send out the DO. When you get it, be sure and double check the decimal amount before signing. Also ask for the interest payment as they are far beyond the 180 days first sales limit.

Would that be allocation of costs and production for each section? Thank you so much for that information. I am pretty green at this stuff!

The calculation for the royalties depends upon the splits if the spacing was at 640 for each section.
the equation is: net acres/actual spacing acres x royalty x % perforations in your section.

Keep asking questions!

Yes the spacing is 640 for each.

We received the same letter and (just from memory) I believe it said section 32 would get 55% and section 29 would get 44% (I’m sure there was a point something on them as that only adds up to 99%).

Yes I believe that is correct. I also appears there are 3 producing wells that are located in the area of the unit. These have been producing for years and years. Linda, I am starting to think you maybe related to my Son.

You are close. Sec 32 has 55.5494% and Sec 29 has 44.4506%

Are you discussing Section 29 in Garvin county as I have not received anything

Yes we are. The description is 29-04N-03W. Is this the area you are in?

The well is drilled first, they do the survey that determines the splits. They have to report that to the OCC so they can issue the final orders. Then the Division Orders go out. Then they are supposed to cut the checks. This can take six months or more. They do not have to pay until 180 days after first sales.

We receive 2 or three small checks from old vertical wells on section 29 4n 3w but it’s been about 10 months since first production of the Sierra well on that section. Registered letters have been sent to both of their offices in Tulsa and OKC. but haven’t heard a word about them. We did get some final papers on that well which we thought for a moment that they were intending to drill another well until I noticed it kept referring to it as Sierra 1…so I called and sure enough it was just final papers on that well. She gave me the name of the landman on that well and said I might contact him as to if he knew when we might expect a check and what was taking so long. I called and left him a message about it and it never called back. So guess we’ll just have to wait on the first check and collect the 12% interest which a good thing as long as they eventually pay us.

connieg……this tiny bit of royalty on section 29, 4n 3w was inherited from my husband’s mother which was left to her from her second husband whose name was Hix Shoemake. You said you thought we might be related to your son. How are you thinking we might be related? If you don’t mind saying on here what is your son’s name?

Connieg…the other wells we own some royalty in that were drilled years ago have dwindled down to nearly nothing. They have been divided so many times we own very little acreage there.

Hi Linda, my son is Hunter Shoemake. Hix would have be his Great Grandfather. Sounds like the relationship could be through marriage but not blood.

Connieg…would JB Shoemake be his grandfather?

Yes he would be and Ty is his Father. Sorry it took so long for a reply, it’s been a long day. Happy Friday!

That’s what I was thinking.

A post was split to a new topic: Number of perforations in a section