Carter County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

There is quite a bit of activity in 3S 3W, just wanted to answer you question correctly.

Sorry, Section 14 and 22. Donā€™t know where I got the other numbers. Thanks

Sidney, Offer to buy or offer to lease? What section, township and range?

Lots of 29 and 30ā€™s in Carter.

No new permits in 14 or 22. Horizontal well in 11 going into 2.

my niece just received a offer from a john houlik of recon resourse

on our property in sec 29-30 anyone know who this is. sid

sec-29-30 town-4 south range 3 east. wants to lease for 750 per ac and 20per cent roy sid on 225 ac

Hello all ā€¦ Any more News on The Dixon well ? Read some posting and a bit frustrated with those early results ā€¦ Funny had a could offers to BUY at $6 k an acre I guess before reports came inā€¦

Thanks in advance ā€¦

Dixon is still flowing back Frac load. Some folks in the business think they are sand bagging test numbers by testing too early while they finish leasing and pooling in the township. Keep your fingers crossedā€¦it could still turn into a well after Frac load is out.

Sid, As you can tell from my previous post, I had the wrong corner of the township in mind.

Iā€™m not quite sure what to make of this and need some advice. I own mineral and surface (160 acres) in the NW of SEC 6 3s-3w and I have not leased this property. I have discovered that a certain company has leased in the same section township and range all of lots No 3, No 4, No 5 and the SE/4 NW/4 containing 161.760 acres. It seems to me that there exists a conflict especially if a well has been drilled and there is production. What to do?

Daniel. I received the lease from re\Recon r\Res ,LLC. The lease is the identical one of xTO. so far it looks good. the are buying up leases all up and down the woodford area for exploration.we are going to sign and i will keep giving the progress. SID

No, they cannot drill and produce without leasing or pooling all of the owners. (Not supposed to anyhow). But they can lease part of the owners without doing that. Since one owner is leased, you donā€™t have any control on them drilling on your property. Mineal rights are dominate over surface rights. Be very careful when you do lease to protect you surface rights. Get some very good help in that negotiation.

Thanks Bob ā€¦ with the delays ā€¦if it goes into production ā€¦their lease runs out in Jan. 2015ā€¦They have an option to renew / can I if the well is active request a higher lease agreement ?

Steveā€¦if youā€™re eased you are leased. In Oklahoma, unless there is specific lease language stating otherwise, merely filing an application or building a pad is considered commencement of operations on a well and holds the acres.

Steve: there should be more valid news on the Dixon in 2-3 weeks.

Sid, Thatā€™s sounds pretty good offer, if it is real. That NE corner of 4S 3E has been pretty active recently. You might call RD Williams in Ardmore for their level of interest. They lease for XTO.

My family owns 1/2 of the mineral rights and I do have a quitclaim deed. So can they pump oil in that section which clearly infringes on my property rights? Should I file a claim requiring them to produce a clear title? Can I say not so boys part of that belongs to me?

It sounds like you do not own 100% of the minerals under your surface. Or at least they donā€™t think you do. Have you seen the entire title chain?

Rick, thanks for the advice. I think Iā€™ll do some digging around on Google to see what I find out about these guys. It was leased to T C Craighead in March 2012. Iā€™ll just see if can follow the paper trail. Thanks again

Dixon 1-10-15XH 10-03S-03W (also covers 15)

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD28170.pdf