Carter County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

XTO Energy has drilled and has some producing wells in T 3S R 2E and T 3S R 3E since the first of the year.

Thank you all for that info.

HOW I DETERMINE MY ROYALTIES.

The royalties for my pool, ALL the mineral owners for the section, is 3/16s or .1875 of the ALL the product recovered. But, I only have 5 acres of the 640 arce section.

This means I would get 5/640 or 0.0078125 of 3/16 or .1875 of the product recovered. So, my take is 0.0078125 x .1875 or 0.00146484 of all the product recovered. This may not seem like much, but it can sure add up if you have large acerage and a good well.

I’ve seen some gas well producting nearly 4,000,000 cf/day or $240,000 month. Then there is also Oil and residue.

The below information is from the Oklahoma Corporation Commission DRILLING PERMIT database.

http://www.occeweb.com

Move the mouse to highlight DIVISIONS, OIL & GAS, and DATABASES, click the mouse.

Below the text and just above Database Links you will see County Code Table. Look up the county you are interested in and write down the county CODE. Carter County code is 019 (zero nineteen). You will need all 3 numbers. Exist the website.

Now go to the OCC Oil & Gas database website http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx

OCC Imaging - OG Well Records

Form #: ** **enter 1000, is the drilling permit form.

Legal Location: leave empty or enter the section number, ie 06, 30 etc. or use complete location, 0603E02S. Try only the section number to start.

API: ** **enter the county code – i.e. 019 for Carter county.

Effective/Approval Date**:** ** **both dates must be entered, 1/1/2011 5/5/2012.

This should produce a list of Drilling Permits. There will be two locations for horizontal wells. On the left hand side of the page about 5 rows down will be **LOCATION. ** This is the surface entry location where the equipment is located. The second location should be near the bottom of page two under Lateral Holes. This is the location that produces the royalties.

This information is from a newer drilling permit which was electronically scanned verses the older handwritten permits. It is also for a horizontal well.

If you enter: 1000, 3003S03E, 019, 1/1/2010 5/5/2012 you will see the sample.

Hope this helps.

YTD 1/1/2012 TO 5/5/2012 there has been over 160 drilling permits issued for Carter County!

Thanks a lot…I hope they get to where our mineral interest is.

There is a producing well in section 30 3S 3E, which I am in a pool.

I was wondering if there is any difference if the BHL was located on my acreage? I don’t think the SHL would have anything to do we me, as I am not the land owner.

Any ideas?

I

The previous post should read:

How is NGL, natural gas liquids, measured, BBLS, GALS, or MCF?

How are Natural Gas Liquids measured, mcf or bbls?

Dear Mr. Thompson,

The NGL yield is measured in bbl/mmcf. The NGL are sold by the bbl. On my check, the NGL generally run about 1/2 the price of a bbl of oil.

Sure has been quiet in this group. I received a lease offer today for our mineral interest in 5S-3W, Carter County for $250 3yrs 3/16. Has anyone else had an offer in this area or know if this is a fair offer? Any comments would be appreciated.

I’m over in 3S 3E and 3S 2E. XTO has basically stopped drilling in our area. Had an Increased Density granted in 5/5/2010, but no drilling permit yet.

Typo in the date, should be 5/5/2012.

I have mineral rights in Township 5 South, Range 3 West, Carter County, and have just received a leasing offer for them from the same company (Jack B. Smith, Inc.) who had them previously, but let the lease lapse for two years. Does anyone know what is going on in this area and what the going rate is for leases there currently?

Hi Claudia, Our mineral rights are in Sec 14 and 23 and our lease offer is from the same company as yours. I am sending you a friend request for this group.

1 Like

XTO received a Drilling Permit today (8/7/'12) for Sec 30 3S 3E. This process, Increase Density hearing etc, began on MAY 29th. I guess that is pretty fast, but patients is a great thing to have when waiting on these oil companies.

I’ve noticed that XTO has about 20 permits for 3S 2E and 3S 3E. I guess they plan on getting extensions, because these permits are good for 6 months and they don’t have the enough rigs.

XTO is active in Johnson and Pittsburg also.

Correction - that should be Johnston county.

Does anyone know what is happening with HOBBS 1-30H?

Seems like they have taken it out of production.

Daniel,

I don’t see any gas production numbers past May on the OCC site. I know some go to June.