Caddo County Ok - Out of State Owner

OK, as you can tell from my previous post, I am late to this rodeo..Concerning 31-8N-11W. This section is in the southern half of a deep Springer play (+20,000' TD) that was white hot a year or two back with Marathon operating in your area after running & processing 3D seismic over a large area. They thought they had the seismic figured out but, the Tillman #1-8 (8-7N-11W, two miles to your SE) costing well over $10MM to drill & complete (several cases closer to $20MM) proved their 3D processing was dead wrong as it was drilled & subsequently plugged. A few great wells were completed in 6N-11W to the south (+20BCF wells) but, most north of there were not economic & when the gas price tanked it became too risky to keep drilling looking for the few good wells with what proved to be a flawed interpretation of the seismic information.

All the companies that own the seismic information have gone back to their computers and are reprocessing their database to see why the good ones were good & the bad ones were so bad with both types drilled on the same seismic anomalies.

There is shallower production potential in the Red Fork and a few other formations but, until the gas price gets much higher, the risk & costs do not justify exploration in the area.

I'm sure this isn't the news you were hoping for but, it's what's going on. Once the gas price increases, the deep potential will improve and the operators will return with newly reprocessed seismic anomalies identified and the drilling for DEEP Springer will resume.