Caddo County Ok - Out of State Owner

Hi out there,
I’m another Newbie (virgin) so please be gentle. …I live in California, and own rights in Caddo County Ok. The paperwork for the rights has been in a safe deposit box for about 30 years now, and I need to find out what is going on with them. I don’t know if they are worthless, or if I’m a millionare, or if there is a stack of lawsuits waiting for me to come forward. I need to clear this up and find out so I don’t leave a burden for my kids to deal with if they are worthless. I remember leasing them to a company in about 1980. They didn’t seem interested after that. Can somebody point me in the right direction to find out what’s going on. It’s a pain in the butt having to deal with this from 1500 miles away. Thanks in advance. Robert Jones

Hi Robert, I’m only a couple hours from Caddo county. I was just there running title a couple weeks ago and own minerals in several tracts there. If you want to give me the legal description I can tell you a little about what’s going on in the area. Parts of the county you could drill to granite and get nothing, mostly gas wells in the county. There’s a great little fault that runs thru there that they’ve had nice response from doing horizontal drilling.

Tim Metz

Hey Robert and Tim, I also have some Caddo County rights and wonder if I could join your research efforts? I will send Tim an email on our properties. I live in Washington state so it is really hard to get any research done from here.

Tim Metz said:

Hi Robert, I’m only a couple hours from Caddo county. I was just there running title a couple weeks ago and own minerals in several tracts there. If you want to give me the legal description I can tell you a little about what’s going on in the area. Parts of the county you could drill to granite and get nothing, mostly gas wells in the county. There’s a great little fault that runs thru there that they’ve had nice response from doing horizontal drilling.

Tim Metz

email address:
tm59707@classicnet.net

Hi Jay,

Caddo was pretty hot for awhile and has some nice producing areas in the South half and far Northern part of the county. Around 7 North, 8 North the wells are lousy but if you catch that fault that it is running from the SE corner and up thru 6N it makes for a nice well. Gas prices have really put a damper on drilling in the county. They drill into the Woodford in the Northeast part of the county.

Robert:

I also am aware of some of the areas of Caddo county and the activity there. If you still don't have this resolved to your satisfaction, let me know and I can help.

I too have mineral rights in this county as well and would like to know what to do with mine as well.

JW Anderson said:

Robert:

I also am aware of some of the areas of Caddo county and the activity there. If you still don't have this resolved to your satisfaction, let me know and I can help.

If you could please give the section / township / range, that would help get this started. Location is extremely important in this county, and I would be glad to make a recommendation based on that.

Jennifer S. said:

I too have mineral rights in this county as well and would like to know what to do with mine as well.

JW Anderson said:

Robert:

Please see my other post for all the info.

Is there a way I can IM you privately? (I’m new at this)

We just found this page and I am interested in learning more about our mineral rights in Caddo Co., OK. Two companies have contacted us about buying our rights and the company that has it under lease is making an offer to lease it again. What is going on?

Jake said:

I have a pretty good collection of data on Caddo county as well including well data, maps, new permits, and a bunch of other info. Willing lend a hand since it is all just sitting on my computer. I would be more than happy to send the info I have to anyone with ownership interest in Caddo. Just let me know if you need some help.

Lease name and/or section township range legal description would help but I understand if you dont want to send that information out publicly. Feel Free to PrvtMsg me if you want any help.

There is some play in the N E part of the county and most of what is going on is up and around the 281 corridor north of Binger and around Gracemont…IF you interested in leasing I know someone looking in the area and could help you out. Briandstamps@yahoo.com

Brian,

We have an offer to lease our mineral rights. We just don't know what the going rate is for that part of the country.

Brian Stamps said:

There is some play in the N E part of the county and most of what is going on is up and around the 281 corridor north of Binger and around Gracemont....IF you interested in leasing I know someone looking in the area and could help you out.
Briandstamps@yahoo.com

300 to 750 w 3/16 to 1/4 w no bonus i

Do you mean $300 to $750 per acre to lease our mineral rights with 3/16ths? What do you mean by no bonus?

It looks like you are a hunter. My husband is a hunter, too.

Brian Stamps said:

300 to 750 w 3/16 to 1/4 w no bonus i

Bonus is the up front money for leasing the mineral tract. With a higher royalty there is no bonus with a smaller royalty the bonus money is offered. Always go for the higher royalty, your money is going to be made when a well is drilled. Also you are right about being a hunter we run a guide service in Caddo County www.SPLASHDOWNOUTFITTERS.com

Thanks for the info. It is all very interesting.

I will show my husband your hunting website.

Brian Stamps said:

Bonus is the up front money for leasing the mineral tract. With a higher royalty there is no bonus with a smaller royalty the bonus money is offered. Always go for the higher royalty, your money is going to be made when a well is drilled. Also you are right about being a hunter we run a guide service in Caddo County www.SPLASHDOWNOUTFITTERS.com

Do you own the rights AND the land? My Vice President is a land man of 38 years experience in Oklahoma. I can send him questions if you like.

We own just the rights.

Well, if you leased the minerals to someone and they lapsed, sometimes they can go back to the landowner. In Oklahoma I am not sure what the law is. Do you know the landowner? I would start talking with them or try to contact them first before spending money on title/legal professionals. The landowners can provide a lot of data for free. They can tell you if someone has been drilling or working their land.

So for example, if you talk to them and they say nothing has been done in ages...then you might have something solid to work with. If they say someone drilled a new well a few years ago or recently, then the lease may have lapsed due to some clause in the agreement.

How do you find out who the landowner is?

Matt Edwards said:

Well, if you leased the minerals to someone and they lapsed, sometimes they can go back to the landowner. In Oklahoma I am not sure what the law is. Do you know the landowner? I would start talking with them or try to contact them first before spending money on title/legal professionals. The landowners can provide a lot of data for free. They can tell you if someone has been drilling or working their land.

So for example, if you talk to them and they say nothing has been done in ages...then you might have something solid to work with. If they say someone drilled a new well a few years ago or recently, then the lease may have lapsed due to some clause in the agreement.