Caddo County Ok - Out of State Owner

Well, what I would do is get the Township, Range, and Section numbers. That will tell you on a map where the land is. Then you can check with county records for the landowner name. Sometimes, if you have just the T,R,S, you can pinpoint the land with the other info like where in the section it sits. You can then mail a letter to that address. I have found landowners by just using google maps or earth from tidbits. I just sent them a snail mail letter, or went and knocked on their door.

Everyone I knocked on their door was very friendly. People in the country are very hospitable.

The lease you have will have those Township, Range, and Section numbers in them as well as some other identifiers.

Thanks for the information and suggestions. We are in Colorado, so I have some work to do.

Dear Mr. Ames,

If you own the mineral rights and the current lease expires, the mineral rights that you leased will revert back to you, not the landowner. So don't sweat that part of it.

If you want to find out recent activity, you can go to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website for drilling permits and activity.

For bonus and royalty range, refer to the earlier posts in this thread.

I have mineral rights in Caddo County, Oklahoma. Almost 6 years ago I had a leasing company send me a letter stating they wanted to lease for 3 years @ $200.00 an acre for 33 acres. I accepted it and then right before it was about to expire they offered me the same lease again, I accepted it again. It’s almost that time again in less than a year to sign another lease if I do in fact hear from them again. Last month I received a letter from Dale Resources stating they are offering to purchase minerals rights in Texas, Oklahoma and some of the other surrounding counties. If interested you can go to their website fill out the form and someone will contact regarding purchasing some or all of the rights. So I contacted them (out of curiosity) finally after numerous attempts, someone called me back and this is what he had to say, we are currently not interested in buying the rights for that section because there have been some nearby wells that have come up dry but however we still will buy them if you do decide to sell, our offer is $300.00 an acre, I of course didn’t take the offer. Needless to say was very disappointed. The problem I have is I’m hundreds of miles from Oklahoma. I don’t know if there was ever a well put on the property, if they are currently drilling or have at some point. I have contacted the leasing company twice now and they are unable to give me any information. Seems to me just because nearby wells are dried up doesn’t mean this one necessarily would be without investigating it first, did he just pulled a number out of his hat. Also if the well was dried up why would the leasing company be interested in leasing from me 6 years in a row? I’m beginning to think what Jake said in this forum is true, just saying, I’m frustrated in California and any help would be greatly appreciated please contact me at @ texdeb08@gmail.com

Email sent Deb,,,,,,,

Debra, what township and range in Caddo county? I keep up with Caddo and don’t remember a recent dry hole there. It may be a way to try to get them cheap. Most all of Caddo will bring $800 to $4000 per acre and I have seen offers in the $10,000 per acre range for one small area. The South West part of the county doesn’t bring much. Natural gas prices have really put a damper on leasing and drilling activity except in the Northern for Woodford formation and the South East for oil in various formations.

Can you be a little more specific about navigating the Oklahoma Corporation Commission's website? How do I find the section that talks about recent activity?

Virginia Ames

Buddy Cotten said:

Dear Mr. Ames,

If you own the mineral rights and the current lease expires, the mineral rights that you leased will revert back to you, not the landowner. So don't sweat that part of it.

If you want to find out recent activity, you can go to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website for drilling permits and activity.

For bonus and royalty range, refer to the earlier posts in this thread.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

BBA-UT

Dear Mineral Joe,

Do you know what portion of Caddo County Section 18-10N-9W, Lots 1 & 2 might be located?

Virginia Ames

Mineral Joe said:

Debra, what township and range in Caddo county? I keep up with Caddo and don't remember a recent dry hole there. It may be a way to try to get them cheap. Most all of Caddo will bring $800 to $4000 per acre and I have seen offers in the $10,000 per acre range for one small area. The South West part of the county doesn't bring much. Natural gas prices have really put a damper on leasing and drilling activity except in the Northern for Woodford formation and the South East for oil in various formations.

Lots 1 & 2 mean it is a correction section and are almost the same as NW/4 of NW/4 and SW/4 of the NW/4. They (each lot) will be more or less than 40 acres so they can not be classified as a 1/4.

Ms. Gordon, I wouldn’t put alot of stock in anything Dale Resources has to say, if the recent wells in your area were all net losses, I doubt that they would have offered you $300 per acre for them.

Darrell also your section is the
4 TH SECTION EAST OF COGAR OK FROM HWY 37 AND AJACENT TO HWY 152 TO THE NORTH... Darrell there was also a well in your section ,that is Plugged and Abandonded now the Vance 1.Well was drilled to a depth of 12,952 feet...It did produce gas for couple of years and was capped...
\

That certainly is better information that 18-10N-9W. Thanks!!!

Brian Stamps said:

Darrell also your section is the
4 TH SECTION EAST OF COGAR OK FROM HWY 37 AND AJACENT TO HWY 152 TO THE NORTH... Darrell there was also a well in your section ,that is Plugged and Abandonded now the Vance 1.Well was drilled to a depth of 12,952 feet...It did produce gas for couple of years and was capped...
\

Brian,

She had wrote about the purchase offer and the supposed dry hole and if you read my post again I wrote about the purchase offer and their reference to a dry hole and that they may have stated there was a dry hole to get them cheap. It was obvious (for most) to see it was all about purchase prices not lease prices that I was referring to. If you are meaning 3/4 of the county not bringing much, the opposite of what I said on sales, I have seen different. If you don't believe I am telling the truth about selling prices go to the clerks office since they are not online and use one of the public computers they have and run mineral deed doc fee figures and you'll see I am being honest, but then again you were confused as to what I said.

There was no reason to be rude because of your misunderstanding.

Was not being rude just asking a question sorry you took it that way Joe I have removed my post as not to offend you further if thats the way you read into it…yes I have read the post it mentions both leasing and buying

thanks, I just emailed you the info.

Brian Stamps said:

Email sent Deb,,,,,,,

Hi Mineral Joe,

It's Section 31, Township 08 North, Range 11 West.

Thanks for all the information!

Debra

Mineral Joe said:

Debra, what township and range in Caddo county? I keep up with Caddo and don't remember a recent dry hole there. It may be a way to try to get them cheap. Most all of Caddo will bring $800 to $4000 per acre and I have seen offers in the $10,000 per acre range for one small area. The South West part of the county doesn't bring much. Natural gas prices have really put a damper on leasing and drilling activity except in the Northern for Woodford formation and the South East for oil in various formations.

Exactly, I agree. I’m just looking for infor and to see if any body else has experienced Dale. Thanks!

r w kennedy said:

Ms. Gordon, I wouldn't put alot of stock in anything Dale Resources has to say, if the recent wells in your area were all net losses, I doubt that they would have offered you $300 per acre for them.

Dale Resources contacted us, we replied, and then never heard from them again. We heard from Arrowhead Resources, Inc. and Phillips Energy Partners, too. They both offered to purchase our mineral rights. Arrowhead made an offer and Phillips was polite enough to respond.

Section 31, 08 North, 11 West, could you please email me at texdeb08@gmail.com, thank you!

Mineral Joe said:

In Oklahoma the mineral rights can be severed from the surface rights & they do not revert back to the surface owner unless the mineral owner wants them to or some previous agreement exists.