Caddo County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Ray I looked up some info for you the other day but got busy . Can you call me. I have the names and contacts for several Co.s leasing around you. I will send you a friend request with my # in the upper right hand corner of this page.

Steve I found a lease dated 9/16/04 for 1/4th royalty to Marathon that was to expire 9/16/07 signed by Cecelia Woods and no mention of her name on a pooling. Rick are you out there ?

Rick, Ron and Cindy,

Thanks for the responses. It was listed under "Cecelia Woods AKA Earline Duren Woods. I hope this helps.

Steve

Iā€™ve been sleeping.

It is hard to say what is going on with this one. I donā€™t see her as a respondant on anything.

Iā€™d say contact Caddo and have them send you a copy of the lease book 2523 page 725-through? Call them and they may look to see if there is was an option clause (highly possible). They may also look in the computer to see if an extension was filed. You should be able to get them to send you copies for a few $. Have them give you the page numbers needed and the amount. Then send the info with a check.

Youā€™ll need a copy regardless. I donā€™t see anything being held by the state.

Another possibility is it is still tied to the person(s) she inherited it from.

Do you know the names where she obtained the rights. It is not uncommon for the title to be clouded and they still leased her. The lease might show that also.

Rick Thanks for your input on this and the D.I. matter, I could not tell what they were talking about. Steve Did you notice Rickā€™s advice below ? Let me know what you think .

Steve What was her response to the notif. letter and how did she respond ? The notif. letter was dated April 22 and the pooling order was dated Sept. 30 on page 12. Because she was named in the Pooling I would think she would have had to respond to it . She should have received a division order after the well was completed which she should have signed and returned a copy, and kept one for her files. Any record of that ?

Ron and Rick. Thanks for the responce. I found the Pooling Order issued on Sep. 10, 2008 for JMA Energy/St. Mary Land (Order # 560146) in which she is listed in Exhibit ā€œBā€ as a respondent. I also found the notification letter from JMA dated April 22, 2008 to which see originally responded. Please give me an idea of whatā€™s next.

Steve

Ron, sorry I should have been more specific. She must have responded because of having been listed as a ā€œknown respondentā€ in the Commission pooling order. As a matter of fact she put my address for correspondance as I was already POA at that time (we were in the process of changing all of her financial records to my address).

Why is it obvious the proposal was answered ?

Ron, The trail is cold after the documents that I mentioned. Obviously the proposal from JMA was answered. Whatā€™s next?

Is their any new activity on 35 11n 13 w have producing well now not much gas being being produced at this time

Some leasing going on next door in section 34 but that is about all I see.

Thank u ron

http://www.okgenweb.org/okprojects/maps-dot.html

Ron. On 34 11 13. Are they leasing for oil or gas. I have a producing well on 35 have no idea if they r doing anything on 35 unit petroleum producing now

Ron, have you or anyone else heard any news recently about Hal Smith leasing for Marathon in my section 18-7n-10w? Thanks

Dorthea Could find nothing on Hal Smith or any new leasing in 17n-10w Maybe they havenā€™t started recording yet. Ask me to check in a week or two.

Thanks Ron, I will ask you in about a couple of weeks from now.

Rick H, Have you heard any news yet on the Devon well 27-9n-9w? It seems like the Hoxbar is starting to heat up. Unit Petroleum is drilling a horizontal Hoxbar well in 20-6n-7w in Grady, it is a couple miles from the EOG location 31-6n-7w. Have you received any offers on your acres in 34? A few weeks ago I received an offer from Turner Oil (agent for CLR) on my acres in 19-8n-9w for $500 acre. According to the article in the Chickasha paper they paid the city $750 acre for 4,000 acres around Lake Chickasha. Think I will hold off for a while and see what happens.

Scott Cox, We were contacted by Turner a couple months ago and received a similar offer for mineral interest we had in Sect. 13 8N 9W, also we leased some interest for about half that in Sect. 25 9N 9W about a year ago. I was also interested in your last name. My motherā€™s maiden name was Cox, her fatherā€™s name was Earl Cox and he had a brother named Stanley. My mother and grandfather are both deceased so Iā€™m kind of lacking in the history area. But back to the mineral interest, Iā€™m interested to see who the leasing agent is for Turner and what info. you might get on the activity. I will keep an eye on the forum since I live quite a distance away.