Caddo County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Rick,

Thank you very much.

Melanie It looks like Calvin is leasing for EOG who has filed a pooling for section 28 and was ordered to offered $700 for 1/8th , 600 for 3/16th, or no cash & 1/4th . they have like 400 leases in 8n-11w so they are not going anywhere. I would be in no hurry to lease.

Thanks, Ron.

I’ve been approached by Calvin Energy LLC re Sec. 21 8N-11W. Anyone know anything about Calvin?

I have been contacted about leasing my mineral rights in sect. 13 8N 9W at $500 an acre for 3 yrs. with an option for 2 yrs. additional @ $625. This is at a 3/16 royalty. Just wondered if this is the going rate now, or what is happening in this section? Last year I leased some land in sect.25 9N 9W for $250 an acre. Is activity picking up in this area? I live a few thousand miles away and am quite inexperienced in how all this works.

Thanks Ron, I am wondering the lease we signed last year for the parcel in sect.25 9n 9w previously had a gas well that was a long producing well that just wound down and was shut down in the last couple years. Why would someone want to re-lease this now so soon after it was terminated? Are they using new technology to go back into these old areas? This well produced for over 30 years. Is that common? Any info. Would be appreciated. Thanks

On the parcel leased last year I have 17 acres, the second property is 13.33 acres. The second property had a well drilled on it back in the late 70’s , but was declared a dry hole. This is interesting to me because the offer on the " dry hole " is higher than what was offered on the property which had a long history of production.

Anything going close 16 11n 13w caddocounty

Those old well have nothing to do with what is going on now.

Don Devon Energy just got a pooling for 27-9n-9w in it they were ordered to offer $550 for 3/16th, or no cash and 1/4th. They have a permit to drill a Horiz. well. T.S. Dudley Land Co . just started leasing in 8n-9w in Jan. 2013.

Calvin Energy is doing a lot of leasing in 8n-8w and 9n-9w and just started in late 2012. I am not sure who they are leasing for yet. I would be in no hurry and I would not give them the option. There are other things you should watch for in you lease . Maybe run it by the forum before you sign.

This is a new way of drilling to a new formation. It is not uncommon for some wells to have production for 30 years or even more. There should be more then one well per section to develop these Horizontal formations. That is why the 1/4th royalty should not be overlooked. You only get the cash bonus on the first well. A 1/4th is a 33% increase in royalty interest over 3/16th, something to think about. You can take it on part and the cash bonus on another part of your interest if you like. How big is your interest ?

Ray All I could find was leasing. Are you leased ?

No not leased

Ray I will see what I can find.

Looking for information regarding Caddo Sec 1 10N 9W. My family members have oil & gas top leases for SW/4 Section 1 10N 9W. We currently have lease agreements with Cimarex. Our lease is a standard 3/16th’s, three year and it expires June 2013. The last lease renewal we were paid $1,000 AC for a three year lease. In the recent past we have also been contacted by Dale Resources and Arrowhead Resources asking if we would like to sell our interests. We are looking for any information about our area and drilling and production in and around our area and what the future may hold that area. Cimarex seems to be one of the larger, more active energy companies and they have leased our holdings for at least the last 6 years. Thanks in advance for any information provided and thank you for this group. Reading past posts here has provided a lot of good, valuable information, thank you for the effort!

I have more info on Section 1 10N 9W.

Cimarex drilled a well in the NE 1/4, NE 1/4, NE 1/4 of Section 1, 10N, 9W in 11/09. Well was/is 18,494ft, “Straight Arrow” well, well number 1-36H. I located copies of Oklahomq Corp. Commission Oil & Gas Division forms 1000 and 1534 regarding this well. I do not know of any other wells or activity in that area but would like any info folks might have. Is this a producing well?

I think my rights in the SW/4 Section 1 10N 9W were “pooled” a few years ago, maybe this was in advance of Cimarex drilling their Straight Arrow well, number 1-36H. Not sure if I would have been pooled into the area covered by the Cimarex 1-36H well or ??. If I was pooled into this well should I have been noticed in some manner? If this well is producing and I was pooled into it should I receive payments of some type? Does any one have info about my pooling if it did take place?

Thanks for any info provided, I’m new to all this and have no real knowledge of how all this works.

The Brower is a good gas well. What name would your mother in law’s interest be under ?

Hoping for a little help. I have POA for my mother-in-law and going through her records I found that her property at SE/4 Sec 17, 6N, 11W was pooled on May 2008 for well Brower #1-17. Looking through this site I found a comment that this well was active. As far as I can tell, she has never recieved any payment for any production. I wound appreciate any info that would help in determining if she is owed and if so, how to follow up.

Steve,

It is producing some gas. If you’ll give me her name, I’ll try to look it up for you. You can send me a friend request if you don’t want to post it publically. If she was not leased, she should have something coming from the pooling order and production. If she did not chose, then $2000 per acre and 3/16 RI was the default election.

Still looking for info on 16. 11n. 13 w. any leasing in or around this area any info would be appreciated