Burleson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

What is happening with the AC is that it is being treated like the Eagle Ford and other unconventional reservoirs, i.e. instead of depending on natural fractures for production (the "old" way), operators are now running casing in AC horizontals and then frac'ing the laterals (perf and plug usually).

Of course, not all AC is the same so this works in some areas very well and then not so well to not at all in other areas

Interesting..I did not know there were two ways (or probably more) to frac. Thanks for the info.

I guess perf and plug (I don't know what this means..) is what they are doing successfully out in Culberson and Reeves.

Perf and plug has become more the norm for frac'ing over alternatives like sliding sleeve fracs.

This approach is used in the entire Permian Basin plus the Eagle Ford and Haynesville and other unconventional play areas

Rumors of lease proposals in A-169 ranging $350 to $500 bonus and 20% to 22.5% royalty

My brother and I own mineral rights in the JW Porter Survey, A-195, Burleson County. Brett Harris of Harris Land Co. contacted us concerning a desire to extend our lease for an additional 3 years with a 3-year option. He is offering $200/net mineral acre as a signing bonus with a 3-year option for $200/net mineral acre on behalf of Wildhorse Resource Development. We were able to attain $650/net mineral acre from Clayton Williams in 2014 so the offer from Mr. Harris is sharp decrease in bonus amount. If possible, I would like to find out the "going rate" for other mineral rights owners in the area. According to http://www.texas-drilling.com/operators/wildhorse-resources-mngt-co-llc/923453, Iā€™m almost positive that Wildhorse has 2 wells in A-195 so it seems like we would be justified in asking for an increase in bonus. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I am looking for a lease for our 84 acres. Gas, oil, minerals, anything. I didn't get any offers recently, but had had them in the past. Does anyone know of companies who are looking for lease in our area ?

This is the description of our land.

A-52 S.C. Robertson

CAC ID # 12089

Registered in Ledger 345

'-page 671 8/27/1985

Thank you!

As to Nala's posting, the A-52 area (and everything in this part of Burleson Co), has proven to be a very poor area for the Eagle Ford play and as a result, companies are avoiding it. Venado did a ton of leasing and some drilling in this area with very poor results.

Only real potential of note in this area are the shallow Navarro sands but this play is not being chased much right now in today's $50 oil environment

*Edited my previous comment*

Along with Nala's comment below, does anyone have contacts for landmen in the area that they could share? Family currently has operating wells, but they are existing from years back. Would like to see potential for new leasing opportunities. Abstracts are A-241, A-85, and A-199.

Abstracts 85, 241 and 199 SE and ESE of Giddings are in a better part of the Eagle Ford trend - and in the guts of the old Austin Chalk trend. Much more leasing opportunities here.

Problem here is the old production and very complicated leasing and title issues tied to depth and being able to put together drillable horizontal units (in my opinion)

Rock man, thank you for the information. Not much hope then, right?

The activity I have seen in the area has definitely been high. I know that Wildhorse has drilled in some adjacent acreage that was within 1-2 miles. I want to say that the depth of the existing wells is going to be much shallower than the new wells that are going in. Just trying to get more info and see where the best place to start is in trying to see what potential there is. Thanks for the input Rock Man.

I signed a lease in A R Guild Survey A-268 almost three years ago with PetroMax. Have not heard from them since but once. My grandfather only had mineral rights to the property from the early 1900's. I really don't know much about it--like where it physically is or what it is near. Does anyone know anything about that area or company activity?

Nala, sorry to say but not much hope for leasing activity in your area in my opinion.

C Mc. Almost all of the historical drilling in your area is in the Austin Chalk. The most probable deeper target that will be developed by Wildhorse and other operators will be the Eagle Ford which should be 500 to 750' below the base of the Austin Chalk.

A concern here is Austin Chalk depletion and fracturing creating drilling problems for any deeper horizontal efforts.

Susan Quinn,

A-268 is in the SE Central part of Burleson Co between Giddings and Somerville. This is right in the guts of the Eagle Ford horizontal drilling trend. Halcon used to have a lot of acreage here but Wildhorse purchased them and several other acreage positions. They are the big player here now - I believe they are somehow tied to Petromax too (but may be incorrect as to this information)

RockMan

I got in touch with PetroMax and Wild Horse has picked up their leases. The number I was given is 713-255-9333. I have not called them yet. Email is ownerrelations@wildhorseresources.com, I think. My lease is up this fall. If I get any info, I will post it.

Wild Horse is very active in this area - they were running 5 rigs not that long ago. hor the update

Rock Man,

Can you break down who has sold to who in our area? Anadarko, Halcon, Clayton Williams, Petromax, Hawkwood, Wildhorse, Sheridan... These are some of the names that get thrown around, but after so many assets being sold, keeping straight who actually owns the acreage can get muddled.

I don't have this on the tips of my fingers, but I do know that Wild Horse is now the bell cow in this area. Halcon, Petromax, Sheridan are all now WH.