Burleson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

They are asking for something-- told me it benefits all the oil companies working in the area, research on how far to drill, etc.. but that goes against common sense-- seems the oil companies would be on their own and do this on their own. I'm not likely to sign anything without thoroughly researching it.

The call came from Diversified Land Management in Bryan, TX.

Odds are this is a seismic contractor that is looking to shoot seismic for a group of companies in the area and/or to sell to multiple companies down the road. Very common.

Was the group that contacted you Seitel or Eagle Geophysical? They have been active in the area for some time.

Diversified is probably handling the seismic permitting process

I believe she said Seitel, but when I did reverse phone look up it said Diversified Land Management.

My land is locked up-- they could not enter without our permission-- does it benefit me to let them do this?

What does it mean to shoot seismic? We have Apache- Anadarko drilling very close

We(split between 5 family members) have a section plus change that straddles Burleson & Milam Counties, some tied up in leases but most just out of 3 yr. deals. We had a lot of interest spring early summer and it just went silent. All the sudden the Burleson board is hot again... what's happening ?... We figured the economy and the white house had dampened the play...

The Burleson / Milam County line area is too far north to benefit from the activity that is happening farther south in the Eagle Ford play in Burleson County. Eagle Ford along the county line not mature enough to be able to effectively produce significant O&G.

Seitel makes sense. Go to their website and you can see all the 3D seismic surveys that they have shot in this area (Mexico to Louisiana and beyond).

Shooting seismic means that the company acquires subsurface data based on reflectors (sound) that is initially sourced at the surface (vibrators, dynamite or other source). These sound waves go down, bounce off various rock strata and then come back to surface. Data is captured by sensors.

All this data is then processed and companies use this to map the subsurface as to O&G potential.

Suggest you search "3d seismic" to get a better idea of this whole process.

Depending on the size of your acreage, the seismic company may not even have to get access to your property to acquire data under your property.

What is the benefit of letting them shoot seismic? Results used by operators may generate more drilling activity in the area and perhaps even on your lease if present operator follows through on new data.

That is great info. Thanks. I did go to their website. We get so many calls and even a strange man coming to our door in Houston trying to buy our water that I'm very suspicious of anybody going on the land.

Our well location plat is S.F. Austin Survey, Abstract 63, Burleson County. July 2011, we originally signed a lease agreement with H.H, Howell, Inc.; May 2013, AusCo Texas Exploration purchased it from H.H. Howell, Inc.; and now Halcon Resources is the current owner. And, at this time only nine months remain on our lease agreement that terminates July 2015.

Fall 2014 a drilling permit was approved and the pad site has been completed. We were told the expected drill date would be November 2014. However, yesterday a few mineral owners in this pool received phone calls from Halcon asking for a one year lease extension offering $500 per acre. Their reason given is there is a current shortage of available drilling rigs.

My questions/concerns are:

1. Is their offer of $500 per net mineral acre reasonable?

2. The current royalties state we will receive one-fifth of such production. Should we negotiate the production royalties?

3. Do we renew for one year and wait this out or do we decline

I would appreciate your feedback and comments.

My company is currently working with several individuals and family trusts with royalty interests in Burleson County. Having successfully helped many others, I am continuing to look for owners who may have an interest in sell even a portion of their interest. Please contact me if you would like to discuss further. Thank you, have a great day.

972-523-1970

1 Like

Lease interest seems to be picking up along the Burleson - Milam county line. Has anyone rec'd any offers in this area? We're hearing bonus of $150/acre, 1/5 royalty, 3 years with no options. Just trying to get a feel for what's out there.

I just got $150 and 1/4, 3 year no kicker in A-62

Anyone getting any play on leasing mineral rights in Burleson Co. We lease 3 years ago ($1100 p/min acre) and the company we leased to filed bankruptcy all the while telling us when we asked about actual drilling, they had a shortage of rigs but it would happen soon. It never did. So I am not seeing much chatter about this area on this board.

As indicated by others, Burleson Co activity has really slowed down. Halcon's last new hz permit was in May 2016. CHK sold to PMO / Wildhorse (announced about a month ago). This group (PMO) appears to be the only group permitting and drilling EF wells right now.

Lease terms will of course depend on the area due to subsurface variability. Some parts of Burleson Co are very poor due to either lack of thermal maturity or too much gas

sorry Rock Man what is CHK and PMO/Wildhorse

Operating companies????

CHK = Chesapeake

PMO / Wildhorse is operator presently very active in Burleson Co. Main office in Garland, Tx I believe

I was wondering why the Austin Chalk is now being re-explored and re-drilled so heavily? What's up? What's new? Is there a new EagleFord strata above/below? Or, is it the case that nothing is new EXCEPT for a technique of drilling in same layers?