Borden County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hey, Richard. I'm new here. My mom has an interest in a large tract just north and a little west of yours I believe. The tract is about 17,000 acres and was leased to Chesapeake back around August. It's about 8 miles SW of Gail, and starts about one section to the east of the new Muleshoe IH test well you were mentioning. It looks like they completed the lateral for this back in September, but no info comes up on well completion or log queries. I'm assuming the well hasn't been completed or the results take a few months in arrears to report results or something. Do you know when this well was supposed to be completed or if it has been or where else to find out the info?

Gleen nice to have you on the forum.Yes i have a part of 15,141 acres about 10 SW of Gail. We leased as a group to Chesepeake back in 1-2011.It looks like Chesepeake leased up some acreage in the area. For information what type of lease bonus did your mom receive, We ended up with $300 an acre with 1/5 for three years with a two year option possible. If i had been a member of this forum during that time and knew what i know now i would have had our eight get a little better of a lease but we had not had a lease since the early 90's, I have not heard any news about the test well but i will try and contact a friend here on the forum to find out some information.I have no other idea were to look up completion information other then the RRC website, Chesepeake had two intent to drills during the summer the other is about 5 MILES NW of the test well. Currently there are two rigs drilling in Borden county, Primax and Small Energy.

Richard, she didn't tell me exactly what they paid, just it was "a lot" (you know how moms are), but she mentioned a 3 year lease and the fact they took a while getting all the owners to finally agree. It's interesting because you could drill another lateral to the east the same length as the one to the north and be right in the middle of the first section. Just very hard to figure out what the plan is, but they seem to have a pretty big up front investment in that specific general area. Let me know if you come up with anything. I'm checking the website regularly.

Happy New Year to everyone on the forum and hopes are high for a very active and productive year for Borden County.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/28/us-energy-giant-idUSTRE7BR0G420111228

Intent to Drill,RRC Website, 1/13/2011, Sec.7 Biock 31-4N, Livestock 7 #1, 10,000 ft. NRG Assets Mang.

Gleen is this in your Mom's lease area?

No, Richard, but close. Hers starts in Section 10 of 31-4N and goes south from there. Sounds like good news.

Glenn have you heard any news from the Chesepeake test well. A friend on the forumlooked up the well and its shows it logs until August and everything was looking good, they porbably have the well on the onfidential list. They must of hit something since they lease your mom's in August and ours at the first of the years, total of 32,000 plus acs. Ours start in 31-3N sections 1,2,3 and goes south and to the east

No, I get nothing on the well logs or completions queries, but it should definitely be done by now. Didn't know they had a "confidential" list.The driller is Ryan Drilling and it's the Muleshoe "23-26' 1H well, api 42-033-32165

Richard, looks like we're immediate neighbors. My mom's piece's last sections are 46-48 of 31 4N, immediately north of your 1-3 in 31 3N.

Glenn yes it seems to border right up to the area i have a small interest in, there are 10 sections in 31, 5 sections in 30,6 sections in 27 and 2 sections in 25, all contained in one big area. The only good part is they can drill alot of wells in that size of a area, just have to look S.E of our area to see that. Glenn Chesepeake had one other intent to drill just N.W. of the test well, about 2 weeks earlier, API 033-32156, you might check it out, it was horizontal but only one section.

Richard, NRG filed a permit 1/20/12 in Section 7, 31-4N in same sections as there are a few existing wells (Everett iH, Jackson 1, and Everett #3), 3rd section to the west of my mom's.

sorry, Richard, this is same one as you mentioned earlier in the thread

Intent to drill,1-27-2012 Section 46 Block 31-5N, Red Willow Production, Hamilton 46, 9100 ft. Wildcat

Intent to drill Section 18-Block 31-4N Livestock 18 #1 10,000 ft. NRG Assests Management

Section 47-Block 31-5N McClendon 47#1 9100ft,Red Willow Production

Permit to drill, TRC Website Section 8 block 31-T5N Rebecca 807H SM Energy 10,200 ft. Section 10 Block 31-T4N Clayton 10 BDN 1H Chesapeake Operating, 14,000 ft

Richard,THANKS! The second one is US! I've been looking on the drilling permits and haven't seen it. What date was the permit? With the lack of drilling rigs, only about 35% of permits are actually getting drilled right now (just compare the permits issued by the overall well statistics for a given year). But good news nonetheless.

Richard, have you heard of any activity around block 97?

Gleen the permit was submitted a week ago but not approved yet but given an API OF 033-22302. Did you ever hear anything about the two section test well? A friend on the forum said the logs on that well show they had drilled the vertical and made the turn on the horizontal but no logs after that and that was late last summer. Currently the USA rig count last week showed 3 rigs drilling in Borden County, Primax, Bolo, SM. Activity should pick up due to most of the majors cutting back on the gas drilling due to price. Chesapeake though was talking at the first of year of selling their lease acreage in the Primian Basin'

John have not read anything going on in Block 97.

No, Richard, my inquiries in the well log section don't seem to hardly ever produce results, so don't know what happened with it. I'm trying to understand the reasoning why companies sell their acreage rather than drilling. Actually, I understand why, but it seems there will eventually be a "bubble" created assuming higher and higher prices are paid for the potential production, but it seems like someone has to eventually drill or get stuck with a loss. Maybe they're just trying to prove production in different areas and then sell.