Borden County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

The companies I dealt with are Berry Oil, Figure 3, and Winne Land. I don't think chesapeak is leasing in our area, they seem to be concentrating on the SE part of Borden county

Linda it sounds like your land is close to my interest in 6 sections 598,579,578,599,667,&668 of blk97. S&J has a well on each 598 & 579. Have you heard if they plan to start within the near future to any activity? Not being a land owner I have no idea what might happen in the future.

Linda, we dealt with Winne Land when we leased, is that the actual oil company or is it a middleman that procures the lease for the oil company?

Altaria were are your minerals located? Our lease at the first of the year was $300 ac. 3 year and 1/4 royality but this was with a land company representing Chesepeake and we are located in S.E Borden county.

Found out we each have a 1/10 interest. We were surprised that we ended up with anything. I’m hoping to find the other owners. The landman said he would give me names. I’m not sure exactly where this is in the county. I tried the TRC website but I have to agree that it isn’t that easy for a layman. The lease document says "section 351,block 97, abstract#1978. I’m guessing east since it lists both Bordan and Scurry Counties on the lease. Not sure about north or south. I did see on a blog that we can negotiate on our leases separate of the others-does that sound correct or are we locked in to whatever the other 8 agree to?

Altara go to the TRC website and go under drilling to the online inquires, hit the GIS map finder. Go to the right side of page when map of Texas appears go under map tools and select well idenifier,go under county and select Borden and then in the API put number 033-30905 and hit the arrow. When map appears that will be a plugged well in the section just south of 351. hit the zoom out 3x , two seperate times and it will get down to a map of the area you can read. You are in NE area of Borden county and your section is cut in half by Scurry county.You might message James or Linda since they are located close to you and see what the going rate maybe, yes you can negotiate, find out from the landman which oil company he is working with. Good Luck!

Richard-that helped. I looked up the map with your directions and it worked much better than when I tried it before. Helps to have instructions. I sent “friend requests” to James and Linda-apparently you can’t send messages otherwise. Thanks so much!

Have a question. Just found out that the 4 unleased sections have been leased leased (sec578.599 667 & 668 blk97) My question is that on GSI map viewer sec. 668 & 599 I noticed a round circle meaning Permitted Location are there & does that mean these indicate drilling is planned there? I also saw a number of these Permitted Location on adjoining sections in the area. Being new I have learned so much from this forum. Thanking all James Johnston

James if you will click on the circle it should bring up a box with information about the site and on the bottom of the box should be areas to click on and see the permits for drilling, tract size, operator etc. You can click on the green dots, wells and find out the same type of information and production in some cases.

Thanks Richard but when I click nothing comes up. Wish it did. I might be hoping too much

James just left click the crcles and when the box appears click on the blue lettered areas you want for information. I went in this morning and the permitted location in 668 is a location back in the early 80’s does not seem to be any new locations near by but that can change overnite. I watch the drilling permits and if anything is permitted in your area I will let you know.

Thank you Richard . Found my problem. I was using Google chrome & it doesn’t show any info so went with IE & there is the info.

Richard, This is all new to me. Your instructions look great, but how do I find the TRC website. When I Google TRC there are too many references to TRC. Thanks

Betty go to http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/gis/index.php click on GIS map viewer in the right side box. James Johnston

Submitted intent to drill 11-04-2011,Section 352 Block 97 Brammer Enginerring Beaver 352 well#1 9,000 fT Vertical via TRC website permits to drill

We have recently received an offer of $400 per acre on property that borders Borden and Scurry counties. The company was Winne Land.

I would be interested in knowing if a trend is developing (since offers keep going up), and if we should hang on before leasing?

John what is the blk and section numbers. I own rights in Blk 97 sec.668,669,598,599, 579 & 578 & $400 a acre is more than we received Jim Johnston.

All of section 408, Blk 97.

If you know how I could locate this on a map, I certainly would appreciate it.

John try this http://gis2.rrc.state.tx.us/public/startit.htm. That is a few miles south of mine. It shows 2 dry holes & 2 plugged wells. Jim Johnston

Submitted intent to drill 12-13-2011 Section470 Block 97 Sharp Image Energy, Myrtel well #1 8800 feet RRC website