Block C-1 litigation - Patriot Resources Interpleader- Appeals over, now what?

In 2014 I opened a topic on this ( called "Interpleader petition filed by Patriot Resources re Secs 2, 8, 10, 14 and 22 of Block C-1 ")* but it was closed due to inactivity during August 2018.

I’m opening this as a new topic now because after 5 long years and lots of litigation in the Texas Court of Appeals (8th District, El Paso) and the Texas Supreme Court. the appeals are done ( for now) and the case is being sent back down to the trial court.

Is anyone here involved in this case or have detailed knowledge about it ( or know where I can go to find someone who does)? If so I’d love to hear from you.

IN 2012 my 3 brothers and I inherited our small interests in Secs 2, 8, 10, 14 and 22 of Block C-1, all of which are apparently being leased by Patriot Resources, Inc. We’ve never received any royalties (apparently due to the pending litigation) but now for the first time we’ve just received tax bills based on three of PRI’s wells and I’m trying to figure out why. We also own interests in oil and gas properties in a couple of other counties in Texas and have never before received any tax bills form on any of those unless we’ve leased to an operator or there are producing wells paying royalties.

I would appreciate any info anyone has on why we’re being taxed now and on what’s might be happening next in the 2013 Interpleader petition filed by Patriot Resources re Secs 2, 8, 10, 14 and 22 of Block C-1.

Thanks,

Carl Crowley

Link to my original 2014 post: