Block 13 Section 271

I was just informed that I have an undivided interest in Block 13 Section 271. My great Great Grandparents Betty and BF Chollar Sand granted it to Martha Chollar in 1928, we were contacted by Primexx to lease them the surface and mineral rights. We were unaware we owned this until a couple of weeks ago, would appreciate any and all suggestions to help us make informed decisions. He says we may own in Section 272 also but isn’t sure. Any other Chollar descendants on this page?

1 Like

This area is hot right now I would look to Reeves County records and see who is leasing this area right now. I leased my mineral rights for a Bonus Payment of 12K-14K per net mineral acre. The royalties per month are outstanding. I would definitely hire an attorney and I used a good one here in Austin. There are other clauses and language that could cost you lots of money if you don’t use an attorney. Best advice - take your time and do it right and for the highest Bonus Payment you can get. USE AN ATTORNEY

Afternoon Brenda,

I have some land in this tract and live in Austin as well. Could you give me the name of the lawyer you used? I could use some help.

You can observe qualified professionals who provide services to mineral owners in our Mineral Service Provider Directory. These practitioners are often able to provide the specific services that meet your needs.

The Mineral Rights Forum Administration

Hi Boyd,

We live near Austin, (in Bastrop) and successfully leased our interest in this tract to Ridgefield for 10K an acre. Patrick John Flueckiger, attorney at law in Austin negotiated our lease. Highly recommend him.

1 Like

Hello rotzpeople! Wife of Chollar descendant here. You share great grandparents with him and apparently you are also “neighbors” in the same Block and Section. I would love to chat with you privately but there doesn’t seem to be an option for that on here. I will mention that I’ve posted previously about leasing and we are still waiting on a deal to finalize. We’re using Wade Caldwell and highly recommend his firm. Best to you!

I suggest that you do a wee bit more of research to determine who the “existing owner’s” are. It will probably take quite a bit work but it may result in a larger holding than you own now.

“Just saying” . . . . . you never can tell!

stephen watkins

Hi @rotzpeople, HIGHLY recommend you have an experienced oil & gas attorney work on your behalf. It can be expensive at first, but will be well worth it in the long run. Our family uses George Cowden in San Antonio and have been very pleased. Good luck!

Hi Rick,

I’m curious, when did you lease your acreage? Was it before or after prices crashed last spring? I’m trying to get a feel for the current market for some clients of mine.

Nicholas Miller at GDSM in Austin Don’t know why my reply didn’t post last week. Other people listed their names for reference Why is the moderator not posting my reply???

1 Like