Blanca Peak Energy

Mr. Fisher, it takes a while to get paid for production. If you have just leased the operator may not be in a hurry to drill your acres, and might wait till the final year of the lease. Operators have been drilling according to where the leases are about to expire because it gets expensive to lease those acres again. Once drilled, the well must be completed. I have wells that have gone off confidential status (6 months) unfracked/completed. It might be months yet before they are completed. ND weather can add months. The operator does not have to pay til 150 days after first sales, and they don’t always pay then. When they do have to start paying operators look at title again, and if there is a blemish on title, a probate not done or whatever, they don’t have to pay or pay interest, until the mineral owner clears up his title. If you sign a 3 year lease today, you might not see any royalty for 5 years, with no title blemish. I have wells that have been producing and selling my oil for over 4 years, from which I never received a penny. I have 9 wells and 3 more supposed to be drilled this year, and none of them have put a penny in my pocket. I am down about $5,000 in fees and legal expenses. I am hopeful that I may realize something this year or early next year, but there is no guarantee. For a 3 year lease with an ethical company with no problems it could be 5 years before you see anything but the bonus. Just add a year for each year longer of the lease. In my case, if you deal, or refuse to deal with an un-ethical company, whose initials are D.R. or A.C. the only limit to how long it takes to get paid is how long it takes you to get disgusted enough to be willing to pay a lawyer whatever it takes to set things straight, which is where I am right now. I’m 45 years old and I have wondered in the past if I will live to see anything out of my mineral acres.

Wow, not a very positive outlook for mineral owners, but I’m pretty confident that we have our ducks in a row and will not face any title issues if/when that time comes. I would fully expect that our three year lease will take 5 to 10 years before we will see any significant income. I am in my mid fourties as well, and if there is a possibility this will be a nice retirement fund/plan for my family, then I’m ok with that. In the mean time, I’ll keep going to work everyday and life goes on. I’ve been told that good things happen to good people, so I’ll hold out hope and let God take care of the rest. Best of luck to you all on this adventure.

They must of had a slow recording week from June30-July7, due to the holiday. Still an increase.

Snues said:

They slipped in some more recordings, I will post the new numbers weekly on Thursdays. This week, they've begin to increase their numbers in Hettinger and Slope, as well as Stark. Keep in mind, on June 22, they had 435 recordings, and today's total is now 785. Alarming.

County 30-Jun 7-Jul 14-Jul 21-Jul 28-Jul
Billings 30 53
Dunn 13 13
Hettinger 36 36
Mercer 1 1
Slope 51 51
Stark 654 684
Total 785 838

Snues, no worries on what we discussed. Ship is still afloat and running at 20 knots.

Yours,

Wes

I just found this today. Andy Marlette & Blanca Peak sent me out a new "lease". Haven't had time to read this entire thread but not signing anything. Look forward to reading everything and hopefully understanding it. Thanks all!

Snues said:

Hi Wes and All,

Most all leases have XX number of days before they pay you, with the song and dance of needing to do title search etc. Of course, the terms they state as # of days, is in business days, not calendar days, to pay you.

Yesterday, as I was gathering their data per number of recordings, I'd noticed a couple handfuls of leases within Slope County; that had the document date of June 1st and 2nd, then found they'd been notarized around June 7th, and then RECORDED on June 21st. These were not local ND people, these leases were from across the country.

Given that the company sending them is Oklahoma (I know Fed-Ex is overnight) but to consider in the mailing time back and forth, and then to the Court Houses for recording, I think this turn-around of leases is shocking.

When did all the "intense" title search happen? I do know that Court House Recorder office hours are not 24-7.

You know the Lessors won't be paid for a few months yet, "IF" they're paid at all.

I had also given the thought that maybe they'd had a previous offer from them, and had just received a new lease with corrections or addendum/exhibit A's attached, so that's why the individuals were so readily eager to sign, but upon opening the leases, there was no such alterations made. They read word for word, just like the one sitting in front of me, in my offer. S-C-A-R-Y

@ snues: I am freaking out. Andy Marlette just sent me out another "lease". Can they do anything to me if I don't sign this one? I don't know enough about all of this and I am very afraid.

Snues: I can’t even find the search box to search for him or these two other men.

Snues said:

Hi Wes,

I posted Andy's name in the "search" box for the forum, and read the messages that has him name among them. Not once did I see any word that was "lied" or "liar" or even one that would potentially be misspelled, but still lead you to know that it implied the Liar/Lied word.

Perhaps Andy has a guilty conscience about something, and read between the lines to think it implied those words about himself.

There is the chance, there is a message within the mineral rights forum that didn't pull up on the "search" I just ran, so I will leave room for error, that it may very well exist. But you did "publicly" ask him to tell you where it is, if he wants it corrected.

As per your string of emails that you were sent back from him, those haven't been posted to this website, if you called him a liar, you could erase that from the email and resend it.

Where does one find a “mineral manager”?

Wes Luke said:

Mr. Fisher,

As the person who started this discussion, I have experience with Blanca Peak. They will tell you how busy, covered up they are, therefore they can't possibly get a draft for less than 120 days. Or, their latest ploy is to give you a 60 day draft verbally, then you wait, and wait, and wait and still no lease in the mail. You call and they give you the same song and dance. "We are covered up, but will have it in the mail ASAP. During this whole process I'm being told NOBODY is so busy they can't give you a 45 or for sure 60 day draft. And, what recourse do you have as a landowner? You've already had your minerals tied up for 60 days plus another 60 days for the draft which equals,,,,,,,,,,,120 days IF you have the lease notarized and returned. My advice would be to get a mineral manager and let them handle the details. Life is too short and they can negotiate a better deal which will pay for their services. A good mineral manager is worth their weight in gold, if they're honest. I'm very fortunate to have an honest one.

Yours,

Wes Luke

A.,

No one can do anything to you for not signing ANYTHING. You are in control of everything you haven't signed a lease and returned it with a draft. If you haven't done so yet, please email me and I will help. I'm not a professional, I don't charge a penny for help. The customary lease is written by either landmen or the oil companies. They totally favor those entities. They are not breaking the law with their leases, but they are in business to make money, the more the better. It's your money they are hoping to use to help them pay for everything to do with drilling and producing oil. You have choices.

Yours,

Wes Luke

A. said:

Snues said:

Hi Wes and All,

Most all leases have XX number of days before they pay you, with the song and dance of needing to do title search etc. Of course, the terms they state as # of days, is in business days, not calendar days, to pay you.

Yesterday, as I was gathering their data per number of recordings, I'd noticed a couple handfuls of leases within Slope County; that had the document date of June 1st and 2nd, then found they'd been notarized around June 7th, and then RECORDED on June 21st. These were not local ND people, these leases were from across the country.

Given that the company sending them is Oklahoma (I know Fed-Ex is overnight) but to consider in the mailing time back and forth, and then to the Court Houses for recording, I think this turn-around of leases is shocking.

When did all the "intense" title search happen? I do know that Court House Recorder office hours are not 24-7.

You know the Lessors won't be paid for a few months yet, "IF" they're paid at all.

I had also given the thought that maybe they'd had a previous offer from them, and had just received a new lease with corrections or addendum/exhibit A's attached, so that's why the individuals were so readily eager to sign, but upon opening the leases, there was no such alterations made. They read word for word, just like the one sitting in front of me, in my offer. S-C-A-R-Y

@ snues: I am freaking out. Andy Marlette just sent me out another "lease". Can they do anything to me if I don't sign this one? I don't know enough about all of this and I am very afraid.

Thank you Wes. I have emailed you/pm’ed you. I really appreciate it! :slight_smile: A

Wes Luke said:

A.,

No one can do anything to you for not signing ANYTHING. You are in control of everything you haven't signed a lease and returned it with a draft. If you haven't done so yet, please email me and I will help. I'm not a professional, I don't charge a penny for help. The customary lease is written by either landmen or the oil companies. They totally favor those entities. They are not breaking the law with their leases, but they are in business to make money, the more the better. It's your money they are hoping to use to help them pay for everything to do with drilling and producing oil. You have choices.

Yours,

Wes Luke

A.,

You're very welcome.

Yours,

Wes

A. said:

Thank you Wes. I have emailed you/pm'ed you. I really appreciate it! :) A

Wes Luke said:

A.,

Yours,

Wes Luke

A.,

Patience is a virtue. At least we stopped the panic I could feel in your messages. I can only imagine how worried you were. Now you can sit back, relax with a Starbuck's if that is your relaxation. Maybe taking one to your banker would be nice. Have a great day,

Yours,

Wes

A. said:

Where does one find a "mineral manager"?

Wes Luke said:

Mr. Fisher,

As the person who started this discussion, I have experience with Blanca Peak. They will tell you how busy, covered up they are, therefore they can't possibly get a draft for less than 120 days. Or, their latest ploy is to give you a 60 day draft verbally, then you wait, and wait, and wait and still no lease in the mail. You call and they give you the same song and dance. "We are covered up, but will have it in the mail ASAP. During this whole process I'm being told NOBODY is so busy they can't give you a 45 or for sure 60 day draft. And, what recourse do you have as a landowner? You've already had your minerals tied up for 60 days plus another 60 days for the draft which equals,,,,,,,,,,,120 days IF you have the lease notarized and returned. My advice would be to get a mineral manager and let them handle the details. Life is too short and they can negotiate a better deal which will pay for their services. A good mineral manager is worth their weight in gold, if they're honest. I'm very fortunate to have an honest one.

Yours,

Wes Luke

http://blogs.forbes.com/christopherhelman/2011/06/10/its-high-time-chesapeakes-mcclendon-felt-the-heat/

Dear Wes,

Thank you. Yes, I was panicking and now you know why with everything else on top of this going on. Starbucks sounds great, lol! Still wondering what a "mineral manager" is and if I can find one when we move? Have a wonderful evening. A

Wes Luke said:

A.,

Patience is a virtue. At least we stopped the panic I could feel in your messages. I can only imagine how worried you were. Now you can sit back, relax with a Starbuck's if that is your relaxation. Maybe taking one to your banker would be nice. Have a great day,

Yours,

Wes

@Kevin, Is this the link you have on the first page? I read this and found it very helpful and insightful, along with your other links. Thank you for re-posting it and sharing it. Also, thank you for having a conscience. A :)

Reply by Kevin B. Koonce 10 hours ago

Kevin, Is this the link you have on the first page? I read this and found it very helpful and insightful. Thank you for re-posting it and sharing it. Also, thank you for having a conscience. A :)

Thanks. It may be. I did not realize I had already posted it on this thread.

Billings 30 53 53 53
Dunn 13 13 13 13
Hettinger 36 36 36 36
Mercer 1 1 1 1
Slope 51 51 51 65
Stark 654 684 713 713
Total 785 838 867 881
I didn't get this posted last week, they've slowed down on recordings of late; however it looks like their latest invasion is Slope County. Beware Slope County. I also come upon 5 "release of leases" recorded recently. I suppose it's frustrated mineral owners that grew tired of the non-payment for many months? This "release of leases" number is most likely going to grow by leaps and bounds, as other mineral owners become frustrated.

Snues said:

They slipped in some more recordings, I will post the new numbers weekly on Thursdays. This week, they've begin to increase their numbers in Hettinger and Slope, as well as Stark. Keep in mind, on June 22, they had 435 recordings, and today's total is now 785. Alarming.

Billings 30
Dunn 13
Hettinger 36
Mercer 1
Slope 51
Stark 654
Total 785

Snues,

What's the deal with so many in Stark county? Do you know the average $ per acre they are paying? Or not paying I should say...

Snues said:

Billings 30 53 53 53
Dunn 13 13 13 13
Hettinger 36 36 36 36
Mercer 1 1 1 1
Slope 51 51 51 65
Stark 654 684 713 713
Total 785 838 867 881
I didn't get this posted last week, they've slowed down on recordings of late; however it looks like their latest invasion is Slope County. Beware Slope County. I also come upon 5 "release of leases" recorded recently. I suppose it's frustrated mineral owners that grew tired of the non-payment for many months? This "release of leases" number is most likely going to grow by leaps and bounds, as other mineral owners become frustrated.

Snues said:

Billings 30
Dunn 13
Hettinger 36
Mercer 1
Slope 51
Stark 654
Total 785

Hi John,

Just as going into any given courthouse recorders office to see the documents, the NDRIN only shows the lease, which doesn't disclose the bonus acre paid.

What I do know is the bonus per-acre rates they offer, is typically way more than local companies are offering.

The lease form they use, is distinctly different from other companies; and the form is labeled as "Producers 88 (4-89)-Paid-Up With 640 acres Pooling Provision." So if your lease offer has that label in the top left corner of lease, its a very good chance the "client" your landsmen is working for, is Chesapeake Oil.

This will be interesting to follow in the months to come, and see if the drafts are honored.

As for the number of recordings in Stark, would be my guess they targeted Stark County first and they're working into the surrounding counties now.

John F. Fisher said:

Snues,

What's the deal with so many in Stark county? Do you know the average $ per acre they are paying? Or not paying I should say...

Snues said:

Billings 30 53 53 53
Dunn 13 13 13 13
Hettinger 36 36 36 36
Mercer 1 1 1 1
Slope 51 51 51 65
Stark 654 684 713 713
Total 785 838 867 881

Snues said:

Billings 30
Dunn 13
Hettinger 36
Mercer 1
Slope 51
Stark 654
Total 785

I am new to this forum. I have mineral rights south of glen ullin in morton county,

any activity in this area (western morton county)?

Snues said:

Billings 30
Dunn 13
Hettinger 36
Mercer 1
Slope 51
Stark 654
Total 785

Hi Randall,

I didn't know the Township/Range of Glen Ullin, but pulled up Morton County on the NDRIN, and found no oil and gas leases. I did find 6 Oil and Gas Deeds, from 2007 and 2008. I've never before seen an O&G Deed, and not sure what the difference would be to an O&G Lease.

It likely will be quite awhile before any leasing activity will happen in Morton County. A better guess would come from anyone owning mineral rights in Eastern Stark County.

Good Luck with your minerals.

randall floyd bowen said:

I am new to this forum. I have mineral rights south of glen ullin in morton county,

any activity in this area (western morton county)?

Snues said:

Billings 30
Dunn 13
Hettinger 36
Mercer 1
Slope 51
Stark 654
Total 785