Blanca Peak Energy

Since I would be a foolish man to think no one from Blanca Peak belongs to this forum, I won't say anything that isn't true. That way I don't worry about being sued for slander. Andy Marlette is an employee of Blanca Peak. He, in their name, leased three sets of minerals supposedly on a 90 day draft. We received the leases and drafts in the mail, signed and returned same without giving it a thought. I had only had experience with landmen in Texas and had always gotten a fair shake. They did exactly what they said they would, when they said they would. Now, that last sentence is only to make me appear not quite so stupid.

The lease from Blanca Peak had been written with a 120 day draft instead of the agreed on 90 days. I'll finish this later today. I'm very tired and not able to think very well. Just so I don't forget, Blanca Peak, Red Sky and Chesapeake are one and the same. There are others too, but these three are ones I know for a fact.

My family also received an offer to lease property in Stark Co. from Blanca Peak… @ 700/MA. Several other co.'s offered a lot more than that.

Here is a 92 year old lady that they cheated out of her rightful money!

http://ipr.interlochen.org/ipr-news-features/episode/12808

I went to the North Dakota Attorney General's Office in Bismarck on December 1, 2010 and told them what Blanca Peak was in the process of doing.

Blanca Peak Energy, LLC is just a bogus front company created by RedSky Land for Chesapeake Energy. They do it like this where they can cheat the mineral owner out of his or her money like they did in Michigan. These same crooked cowards, Adam White, Dan Glashauser, etc, who are supervised by Joe McFerron in Edmond, Oklahoma, are the exact people who cheated hundreds of mineral owners in Michigan out of their rightful money. Here is some information about Michigan:

http://blogs.forbes.com/christopherhelman/2011/06/10/its-high-time-chesapeakes-mcclendon-felt-the-heat/2/

This Blanca Peak Energy company is working overtime to lease mineral owners in Billings, Dunn, Hettinger, Mercer, Slope and Stark Counties. Most of their leases are in Stark County. I started checking the NDRIN on this Wednesday, June 22 and found they had recorded 435 leases. A week later, they now have 743 recorded leases, and all since the last part of November 2010.

The saddest part among checking these numbers, is to look at the leases signed and not finding too many that have been checked by a lawyer, or an informed mineral owner. Very few even have striked the Title Warranty clause.

I am sure within 6 months or less, we'll be hearing from many unhappy victims of this company, not paying the bonus money they thought they would get. The lawyers will be extra busy in the Dickinson area.

If you have relatives within the counties listed above that own mineral rights, be sure to alert them, to have the lease checked by a mineral manager or an oil & gas attorney. To not let their signed lease go to the company until they have payment in hand.

Gone are the days when we could trust to sign and mail in a lease and expect payment as stated. If you are too trusting so you don't "offend" them, just know, they have no problem with offending you, with non-payment. When I compare the verbiage in past leases that span 2 decades, they were pretty straight forward and easy to interpret. Of course, with horizontal drilling, it opens so much more to the leases with the clauses.

I can't stress enough, how important it is, to get your leases checked over before signing. The chance a well will be drilled is greater now, than ever before, and you don't want to be stuck in a lease that leaves you with very little.

The lawyers are already busy in Dickinson. I consulted several over 6 months ago. I was informed at that time that they were busy and they might have to put me on the back burner for 6 months to a year. My lawyers I did hire in Bismarck have had me on the back burner for the last 5 months, but I think are ready to start in earnest now. If something goes wrong in your lease deal, it may take years to straighten it out. Be cautious.

Ms. Tario,

I am in the process of putting a group of HONEST landmen together. If you will email me through my profile

I will put you in touch with someone who is honest and will work for you, not for the oil companies. I don't think I can post this list on the forum, which at this time is rather lackluster in the number but not the quality of names on it.
By referring you to someone I trust, I feel I've done my random act of kindness for the day. I am not on anyone's payroll except for Uncle in the form of a SS check. I stand to gain nothing from this monetarily. I really appreciate your input to this discussion. United we stand, divided we fall. Have a great day,

Wes Luke

Mr. Koonce,

That is the kind of thing that has happened many thousands of times to unsuspecting people.
Elderly people like myself were raised in a time when everyone trusted each other. So, when some of these sharks approach people with the promise of money, they automatically trust them to do what they say they will. That is how I got myself in the position with Blanca Peak that I'm in today. If only I had found this forum before making any deals,,,,,,,,,sigh.
Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Wes Luke

Please help me expose them. Chesapeake Energy is behind it all and uses RedSky Land out of Edmond, Oklahoma to create these bogus companies like Blanca Peak Energy, LLC and Silver Lake Energy, LLC in Michigan. The only thing behind Blanca Peak is a PO Box at the UPS Place in Dickinson. I know. I worked for Blanca Peak/RedSky Land/Chesapeake.

Wes Luke said:

Mr. Koonce,

That is the kind of thing that has happened many thousands of times to unsuspecting people.
Elderly people like myself were raised in a time when everyone trusted each other. So, when some of these sharks approach people with the promise of money, they automatically trust them to do what they say they will. That is how I got myself in the position with Blanca Peak that I'm in today. If only I had found this forum before making any deals,,,,,,,,,sigh.
Thank you very much for sharing with us.

Wes Luke

Mr. Koonce,

Thanks for providing the link. This is the first I've heard of a lot of the things Stearns has done. Hopefully, in some small way, I, We can help bring this so called giant to his knees. United we stand, Divided we fall.

Wes Luke

Who or what is “Stearns”?

Wes Luke said:

Mr. Koonce,

Thanks for providing the link. This is the first I've heard of a lot of the things Stearns has done. Hopefully, in some small way, I, We can help bring this so called giant to his knees. United we stand, Divided we fall.

Wes Luke

Mr. Koonce,

My mistake. Trying to do too many things at one time. It should be McClendon.
Thanks for calling me on it. Is there a legal way to bring him down? Have a great day!

Wes Luke

They slipped in some more recordings, I will post the new numbers weekly on Thursdays. This week, they've begin to increase their numbers in Hettinger and Slope, as well as Stark. Keep in mind, on June 22, they had 435 recordings, and today's total is now 785. Alarming.

County 30-Jun 7-Jul 14-Jul 21-Jul 28-Jul
Billings 30
Dunn 13
Hettinger 36
Mercer 1
Slope 51
Stark 654
Total 785

Hi Snues,

Just a note thanking you for your support and participation. It means a lot when ppl really dig in their heels and actually do something in a forum. So, thank you very much. :)))

I noticed that in one Twp and Range in Stark co that Blanca had 45 recordings, 9 of which were ratifications of leases already recorded. Personally I take the view that if there was nothing wrong with the lease ( ie, it was valid because you paid the mineral owner ) you wouldn’t need the mineral owner to ratify. The oil co’s give nothing back that they don’t have to, a ratification means they didn’t have a valid lease for some reason. I think Blanca recorded those leases and didn’t pay, later decided they actually wanted those mineral acres and had to get ratifications. I hope those people realized this and held out for better terms.

Good morning Robert,

I hadn't thought of that in that way. Of course you are privvy to info I don't have. Are there any other reasons to
get ratifications? There seems to be some confusion about the difference between a ratification and an amendment. Can you clear that up for me? TIA

Yours,

Wes Luke

Hi Wes and All,

Most all leases have XX number of days before they pay you, with the song and dance of needing to do title search etc. Of course, the terms they state as # of days, is in business days, not calendar days, to pay you.

Yesterday, as I was gathering their data per number of recordings, I'd noticed a couple handfuls of leases within Slope County; that had the document date of June 1st and 2nd, then found they'd been notarized around June 7th, and then RECORDED on June 21st. These were not local ND people, these leases were from across the country.

Given that the company sending them is Oklahoma (I know Fed-Ex is overnight) but to consider in the mailing time back and forth, and then to the Court Houses for recording, I think this turn-around of leases is shocking.

When did all the "intense" title search happen? I do know that Court House Recorder office hours are not 24-7.

You know the Lessors won't be paid for a few months yet, "IF" they're paid at all.

I had also given the thought that maybe they'd had a previous offer from them, and had just received a new lease with corrections or addendum/exhibit A's attached, so that's why the individuals were so readily eager to sign, but upon opening the leases, there was no such alterations made. They read word for word, just like the one sitting in front of me, in my offer. S-C-A-R-Y

I think it’s a matter of simple logic, Wes. If co A has a valid lease, they don’t need a ratification. If co A needs a ratification, there is something wrong with the lease or they didn’t pay you. What Snues has said is pretty chilling, about leases from people who live out of state being recorded so quickly, I’m fairly certain before the lessors have been paid. I’ve had similar happen to me. It’s hard to get traction to kick the lessee who hasn’t paid, off your lease when you live out of state. I’m in the middle of suing one right now.

Ms. Snues, :)

While having lunch with my step-mother I got a call from Andy Marlette telling me we would have a check in the mail on the 9th of August. That's 6 months, 2 days from the date the leases were to begin, if I understand it correctly. While he had me on the phone he asked me to remove the part of my message that said he lied. I can't seem to find that word in my message. Do I have a message someplace else where I called Andy a liar? Tell me where it is, Andy, if you want it corrected. You can do it in private message if you like.

Anyway, during our conversation Andy told me he would send me the email string about the negotiations for our minerals. He did so and lo and behold, there were all the emails I was asking my brother to forward to me so I would know what was going on. Well, Andy, I retract the part where I insinuated you lied. If John had forwarded each email to me we wouldn't have had the problem. John's Bad! Now, back to one thing we discussed. Before you filled out one lease form you and I talked and I told you I didn't want a 120 day draft. Yes, admittedly I was stupid for not reading the lease close enough. I explained that in my opening paragraph. But you were aware of my dislike of the 120 day draft. If you were going to write the lease that way, shouldn't you have said so when we talked?

Yours,

Wes Luke

Hi Wes,

I posted Andy's name in the "search" box for the forum, and read the messages that has him name among them. Not once did I see any word that was "lied" or "liar" or even one that would potentially be misspelled, but still lead you to know that it implied the Liar/Lied word.

Perhaps Andy has a guilty conscience about something, and read between the lines to think it implied those words about himself.

There is the chance, there is a message within the mineral rights forum that didn't pull up on the "search" I just ran, so I will leave room for error, that it may very well exist. But you did "publicly" ask him to tell you where it is, if he wants it corrected.

As per your string of emails that you were sent back from him, those haven't been posted to this website, if you called him a liar, you could erase that from the email and resend it.