Blaine County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

M Barnes, you are right I did get something concerning Devon and a well. Haven’t done this much, but since no lease will I be pooled?

If you have a producing well already, then you will not be pooled as you are held by the old lease of your older relative. If you are not held by a well, then make sure the county has your address and all probates have been done so that land men can find you. Even small acreage can be nice for these long horizontal wells.

Deborah,

Devon has a pending location for a horizontal well in 26. They are asking for spacing for the Mississippian and the Woodford. If you did not get the paperwork on the application, then you need to make sure the county clerk has your correct address. I see your name on the list of respondents, but the address may not be correct.

M Barnes.

I have went back and listened again to the message I received from Newfield and also reread the message I got from my cousin.

Newfield was confirming addresses to send pooling and spacing orders for 26-17-12. He had my correct mailing address. All my informations at the Courthouse is correct and up to date.

Thank you for any light you may be able to shed on this.

If you are held by the old lease, then they can’t pool you since you were already held by production by older wells. How odd. Go ahead and call them back and ask lots of questions. If you have a copy of your old lease, then have it in front of you. You can perhaps look it up on okcountyrecords.com if it was in the 90’s and you don’t have a copy.

Could be that this was some correspondence that was old and just got mailed a while back but didn’t arrive way past the pooling date. I had that happen a year ago. Got a whole packet of mail from different operators in OK that was mailed in June and I didn’t get until December. Stuck in a mail truck in Kansas somewhere for months.

Paul, the pooling for 26 was last Sept. Were you held by production under an old lease? Did you lease before the pooling? or did you never get any notices? Have you moved? I do not see your name on the respondents list for 26. Did you have a lease that was about to expire? Are you sure they said pooling order? They may be trying to send you the Division Order which is good. That means that they are trying to pay you on the new Sawyer 1-35-26 well.

Are you getting production from the Kitty Hawk well or the Edsall 1-26?

I do see you on the increased density list. Good news is five more wells!

That is why I am confused. Triumph is producing the Sawyer well that goes under 35 & 26. Triumph filed the pooling for the 5 more wells back in September like you said. At that time Newfield protested in sections 26. There have been numerous delays in these hearings. The other day I got a call from a Newfield rep wanting to verify my address so they could send me pooling orders for 26. My cousin in Washington state also received such a call as did my brother.

I have received a check for the Sawyer well. I also receive royalties from the Kittyhawk and the Edsall in 26 and also the Barnes in 35 from Triumph. I am currently held to an old lease my Mom and Dad signed back in the 90’s.

Receiving the call from Newfield is the reason I am not sure what is going on right now.

I have mineral rights in 26 & 35 of 17-12 in Blaine County. There is a new producing well operated by Triumph, who has also filed for increased density? (additional wells). Yesterday I get a call from Newfield verifying my address to send me pooling orders for 26-17-12. I’m confused as to what is going on. Could someone explain please?

Call Newfield back. Might be another section. Triumph pooled 26 & 35, so not sure about why Newfield would be calling. Triumph has the increased density hearing as well.

Hi Has anybody has any dealings with BCF Minerals in Tulsa, OK. We recently had them contact us to purchase our minerals? In the contract they say ten days prior to the closing of our sale of our minerals. They want us to sign the deed, and scan a copy to them. To prove that we signed it. So they have proof before they cut the certified check to us at closing, no more than five days later. Is that a good business practice, when selling minerals, and are they reputable?

You should definitely check the reputation of BCF. I would expect their offer to be low ball and, as Mr. Beunier advises, use an attorney for any sale.

CLOSE THROUGH AN ATTORNEY

They should meet at your bank and exchange deed for payment. Otherwise use an attorney.

I worked with BCF and found them to be great.

Thanks Martha for the current info…

There is already a long horizontal in 23 drilled from 14 into 23 that goes into the SE 4. It is the Ingrams Corner 1-14-23XH, so probably no new wells. Nothing on the OCC right now. There is room for future wells to line up in that section, but none listed as of now.

Is there any new drilling that affects/will affect S23.15N.13W E2/SE4 ?

Marilyn, Are you leased in section 14 ? A 2 mile well running straight North is scheduled to be drilled very soon headed out of section 3-18-13 in it’s SW corner. That would be just over a mile from your NW corner.

I am a mineral rights owner in section 14,township 18, north, range 13 west in Blaine county. Looking to find out if there is any current or any plans to drill here. I have received offer to sell mineral rights from Bunker Energy . Don’t know what prompted the offer

Lanny we own the mineral rights in section 13 , Bunker Energy is leasing it.

Do you have any idea how much mineral rights are going for in this area.

Also would you be willing to text me a copy of the map Devon provided you. If so I will provide you my cell number to text to