Blaine County, OK - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Just have a general question today. When crude oil is sold off of a well in Blaine County what price index do they use? The Oklahoma Crude prices or other? Also is most of the oil in this area classified as Sweet or Sour? Just curious.

Does anyone know what is happening in Section 5, 17N, 11W? The OCC electronic well data lists the wells as ā€œPA,ā€ but Iā€™ve had offers to purchase my mineral rights there. Thanks much!

Anyone have any idea how much longer the Oklahoma Corporation Commission site might be down?

D Davis, There is horizontal drilling all around you with cases listed at the OCC. That is why you are getting offers. They are coming into that area and drilling horizontals in the STACK play. The speculators want your minerals. I am keeping all of mine in Blaine. It has paid off quite nicely to hang onto them.

Paul, the OCC website got hacked on Monday. They donā€™t know how long it will be down, but they are working on it.

Thank You M Barnes. I read the story on it this morning.

Got something the other day from David Pepper. Our part from the Coffey side is very small. Devon Energy Applicant, Establish Horizontal Drilling and Spacing Units Section 26, T19N R13W. Anyone know anything about this area?

Marc B. Every company does it a bit differently. It is usually right after completion while the equipment is on site. Sometimes they do a few hour test and compute it up to 24 hours, sometimes they do it a full 24 hours. Not necessarily the same number on the test date as on their presentations.

I would take the test data with a grain of salt. It is usually right after completion and quite often has a lot of water in the numbers due to the flowback from the frac water. A better number is probably the 30 day IP number which is the production from the first 30 days of production after the well cleans up. Watch those presentations. Quite frequently, they use a BOEPD number which is a total of oil and gas. It is more important to know the breakdown of the oil and gas separately. The best source of the actual sales data is the OK tax site. That is the amount sold. Not produced (although they may be the same number. Usually there is some line loss and if there are plant products, that will decrease the gas numbers.)

Deborah, Devon is seeking to drill a horizontal well in the section you mentioned. It is part of the STACK play. 19N-13W is a bit farther north than they have been drilling recently. Will be interesting to see the results. If you want to see some good presentations, then go to the Devon website and Continental Resources presentations from the Barclays Energy Conference this year. Read over the last four or so presentations to get a feel for what is going on.

I have mineral rights in 17n-12w. Recently Company A sold their mineral/drilling rights to Company B except for what already is in production. My question is will Company B have to sign a new lease with me for any future activity since they arenā€™t holding the mineral rights by production now?

What happened to the Watonga well being drilled by Continental Resources? I just came across a pooling notice of hearing dated March 17, 2017. This is the last I heard about it. Did they drill the well or decide not to?

I have a small interest in Section 11, Twn 13n, Range 12W in Blaine County. I receive a production check every few months of approx. $50 from Devon. I have recd offers of $10,000 an acre for my interest. Is production supposed to increase in the area? The production checks are small-why do people want to buy my interest based on current production?

There is quite a bit of drilling in that township. You have horizontal wells drilled or planned in most of the sections surrounding you so a speculator is betting that you will soon get a well. I would recommend holding onto your acreage as those first buy offers are usually quite low to actual value over time.

It would be useful for you to read over the last six months of comments on this forum so you can get up to speed. Also look up the most recent investor presentations from Devon, Continental Resources, Newfield, Marathon, Cimarex, etc. to get copies of their maps and their plans for the future.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to Everyone!

M Barnes, is it possible that we communicate 1/1? I have another question that I would like to run by you?

Is there anything going on in 6 T18N R10W Blaine county. I inherited minerals in Dewey and Blaine and have leased Dewey quite a few time but never Blaine. I donā€™t even get offers to buy in Blaine. Are my minerals just in an unpopular area? Any info would be appreicated and I do not want to sell, just curious.

Mehew #1 just barely producing in the NE4 as of July 2017. You may or may not get royalties depending upon your mineral description. High Pointe Energy has been leasing in that section. Did you register your address with the county clerk?

Is there anything planned for sec 9 13N 11W? There was a request by Marathon to change operator of subsequent wells in August last year.

Marathon filed a pooling app in S9 13N 11W which was recommended. I can find the order on one data provider, but canā€™t pull the case up on the occ website. There doesnā€™t appear to be an ā€˜orderā€™ yet. This is one of the steps operators take for HZ development.

Thanks Jeffrey, for the info.

It adds up on a big well.

I am a very very very small fraction in section 26 19N 13W. I remember seeing something about a well around that area. Would have to be a jumbo well in order for me to get a check once a year. ha