Between Waelder and Gonzales (peach creek area)

Jerry

Thanks for the info on Divine. Is all this activty to far north of the I -10 & hwy 97 intersection area to affect my tract? Is there a gruop of landowners in that area that meets to discuss are is most of it covered in this forum group?

Don

Bigfoot said:

Don:

I still don't know much more than I did when I sent this message out; however, I have put together a couple of thousand acres, met with the Divine Resources lady, colored in the properties on her map and are waiting for her response. After talking to her, I came to the conclusion that she is a person that just decided to jump into the game. Evidently she has been talking to some oil people/companies that have some dollars to spend before the end of the year and this area is beginning to look promising. She isn't a "landman" or an oil company. The name Divine Resources is just a company name she is using. I don't know what the company naming process is; but, it's no big operation. She may have a lot of contacts which remains to be seen. She may "stirr the pot" enough to get leasing opportunities rolling again. I still believe everything is still waiting on the Crabb Ranch wells to come on line. I was by there yesterday and they are still fiddling around. A grader was there doing some leveling of the pad. Production tree piping still hasn't been hooked up and I don't see any sign of a gas/oil water treater or separator yet. They may be waiting on a gas line tie-in. Who knows; but, they don't seem to be in any hurry to do anything. Not too different from the Southern Bay wells North of Flatonia.

Now for the Old Waelder Road location. This is a gravel road that runs parallel to the North Side of I-10. It starts a couple of miles West of Flatonia and goes West for about 4 miles, then intersects another road (can't remember the number) that turns South over I-10 and then intersects old hwy 90.

Don Purswell said:

Jerry

I haven't heard of any of this. I asked around about Devine but no one was familar with them. Keep me posted on anything you hear.

Don
Bigfoot said:

Don:

I just got my desktop computer back yesterday. Took 5 hours to get everything installed and back working the way it is supposed to and then yahoo mail didn't want to cooperate. Will look through the lease this afternoon.

I just sent a note through for discussion. In case you don't see the note, there seems to be some interest in leasing property in our area about 6-8 miles North of Waelder. The person that is working our area met with one of the landowners yesterday and presented a 30 committment letter to be signed by this afternoon. Lease terms are good; but, this hurry up stuff gives me cold chills. The company is Divine Resources. Probably a front group or maybe a flipper. Your thoughts!

Jerry

Don Purswell said:

Not sure where old waelder rd is. Is your property close to hwy 97, IH10 area

Don

carol Jean Barre said:

PLEASE refresh my memory..where is 2814 ? Been gone from there along time...I have property on old wealder road and was wondering if activity has picked up for leasing in that area..I have around one hundred fifty areas with 100 per cent interest and 160 aces with 1/4 interest and then another 160 approx. acres with fifty percent interest...it is located around the old interstate 10 "park" area...thanks for your reply and the new area of discussion...GOD BLESS.

Don:

The answer to your question above; there is no organized activity at all. Since 2008, I have been working/developing leases and pulling my surrounding property owners together in order to have a decent number of contiguous acres to present to an interested oil company should the opportunity ever happen. I pretty much initiate most discussion by e-mail; however, this last contact came about initially by word of mouth through the feed store in Waelder.

At this point, I don't we have much going yet. If we ever get any substantial news I will let you guys know. Also, I believe our property is too far North for now. There is a lot of land between me and the old Waelder road.

Jerry

compa

Don Purswell say at all.id:

Jerry

Thanks for the info on Divine. Is all this activty to far north of the I -10 & hwy 97 intersection area to affect my tract? Is there a gruop of landowners in that area that meets to discuss are is most of it covered in this forum group?

Don

Bigfoot said:

Don:

I still don't know much more than I did when I sent this message out; however, I have put together a couple of thousand acres, met with the Divine Resources lady, colored in the properties on her map and are waiting for her response. After talking to her, I came to the conclusion that she is a person that just decided to jump into the game. Evidently she has been talking to some oil people/companies that have some dollars to spend before the end of the year and this area is beginning to look promising. She isn't a "landman" or an oil company. The name Divine Resources is just a company name she is using. I don't know what the company naming process is; but, it's no big operation. She may have a lot of contacts which remains to be seen. She may "stirr the pot" enough to get leasing opportunities rolling again. I still believe everything is still waiting on the Crabb Ranch wells to come on line. I was by there yesterday and they are still fiddling around. A grader was there doing some leveling of the pad. Production tree piping still hasn't been hooked up and I don't see any sign of a gas/oil water treater or separator yet. They may be waiting on a gas line tie-in. Who knows; but, they don't seem to be in any hurry to do anything. Not too different from the Southern Bay wells North of Flatonia.

Now for the Old Waelder Road location. This is a gravel road that runs parallel to the North Side of I-10. It starts a couple of miles West of Flatonia and goes West for about 4 miles, then intersects another road (can't remember the number) that turns South over I-10 and then intersects old hwy 90.

Don Purswell said:

Jerry

I haven't heard of any of this. I asked around about Devine but no one was familar with them. Keep me posted on anything you hear.

Don
Bigfoot said:

Don:

I just got my desktop computer back yesterday. Took 5 hours to get everything installed and back working the way it is supposed to and then yahoo mail didn't want to cooperate. Will look through the lease this afternoon.

I just sent a note through for discussion. In case you don't see the note, there seems to be some interest in leasing property in our area about 6-8 miles North of Waelder. The person that is working our area met with one of the landowners yesterday and presented a 30 committment letter to be signed by this afternoon. Lease terms are good; but, this hurry up stuff gives me cold chills. The company is Divine Resources. Probably a front group or maybe a flipper. Your thoughts!

Jerry

Don Purswell said:

Not sure where old waelder rd is. Is your property close to hwy 97, IH10 area

Don

carol Jean Barre said:

PLEASE refresh my memory..where is 2814 ? Been gone from there along time...I have property on old wealder road and was wondering if activity has picked up for leasing in that area..I have around one hundred fifty areas with 100 per cent interest and 160 aces with 1/4 interest and then another 160 approx. acres with fifty percent interest...it is located around the old interstate 10 "park" area...thanks for your reply and the new area of discussion...GOD BLESS.

Hey guys:

My desktop computer has been in and out and in and out of the shop for the last couple of weeks. I've been having a terrible time connecting to my Yahoo Mail so not sure what's up. Is everything just very quiet or have I been missing the Mineral Right Website show? Haven't had a message in close to a week. Someone respond just to let me know things are just "quiet before the storm". At $100 +/barrel, I would think these guys would be interested in getting some of these wells in production and moving on to other pastures.

Bigfoot

I would have to agree it has been quiet all week. I don't have anything new to share. Just a quick question I want to throw out. Has anyone out there been offered a lease on just the Austin Chalk zone. If so what were they offering?

Don

Yes. My original offer was for Austin Chalk only. My attorney and I had concerns that it might prevent another company from wanting to lease for the Eagle Ford. The offer was originally $300 for the Austin Chalk only. This might not be reflective of the true lease value because i did not counter for Chalk only. I ultimately agreed to $1500 with 25% for all depths.

Don Purswell said:

Bigfoot

I would have to agree it has been quiet all week. I don't have anything new to share. Just a quick question I want to throw out. Has anyone out there been offered a lease on just the Austin Chalk zone. If so what were they offering?

Don

Refresh my memory as to where your property is located. Did the same company that wanted the chalk end up leasing for all depths?

Don

Near FM 2814 and Hwy 97. Yes the same company. Thanks.

Don Purswell said:

Refresh my memory as to where your property is located. Did the same company that wanted the chalk end up leasing for all depths?

Don

Thats what I thought, you are just down 2814 from my property. Have they indicated if they are going to drill chalk or eagleford if they drill?

Don

William Reed Moraw said:

Near FM 2814 and Hwy 97. Yes the same company. Thanks.

Don Purswell said:

Don

Do you guys mind sharing the name of the oil company or leasing group. I'm quite aways form 2814 ;but, I would still be interested in knowing who is leasing and where! Glad to see some activity again.

Thanks,

Jerry

I asked part of this post below; however, might as well get all of the basics. How many years and name of the company?

Bigfoot

Charles:

Glad you are back, I was going into withdrawls! All joking aside, I was beginning to believe my computer link had failed until Don answered yesterday. I can relate to the computer problems. For some reason when I scanned in a document and when I saved one of the old Word Lease documents, my computer would not let me open the document or delete it from my computer. I took the desktop to the shop and was without it for over a week. While it was in and out of the shop, had to use a inexpensive ACER tablet. Wow what a difference in workability.

You put a lot of information in this post and it all sounds good and informative. As I stated last week, quite a few of us North of you have given a verbal commitment to a flipper. It is strictly verbal at: 3/23.5% & $1500. No real lease talk and I don't really expect any; but, my suspician is that 2012 will be very positive.

Thanks

All,

Had issues with my computer, whereas HP repaired 11 things on it in CA and it only took one week; most appreciative. Now, I want have to use the android with the little key pad! Hope, all anticipating the big news in 2012 in and around the Gonzales & Fayette Counties areas! I've just spoken with the folks behind the Crabb Ranch off Cal Maine Road for Southern Bay who is drilling a total of 14,000', whereas they will drill approx. 8,500' then approx. 5,500' horizontal. They told me that they might drill approx. 1 mile in any direction out from that point and that they have been asked to drill numerous unknown points (wells) while in the area for Southern Bay, but they would not disclose those points, but assured me that when a standing operation is set up in the very near future, we would know because we then could walk in and sign leases directly without going through a third party landman, would deal directly with the company. They continued to exclaim that the Barnet Shale operates in this fashion with royalty owners who aren't leased and that they are being told that there is a lot of work and drilling to be done in the Flatonia area too! Now, they tell me they came in on a Tuesday and by last Saturday they were in full operation and will be looking for the additional drilling opportunities soon! Crabb Ranch is beginning to become more uniformed and they are burning the natural gas because I'm told they are only interested in Eagle Ford Shale oil and the natural gas isn't cost effective at this time. Again, people it seems that they are after the crude, sweet oil! It seems that smaller oil companies are diversifying and getting into other accomodating ways to the larger companies, because I was contacted about a small track of land on outside of Waelder for a RV Park and another for a Salt Water operation for restoring fracked water this week. I understand that the Salt Water Operations are something that is up and running throughout the Eagle Ford Shale Play. So, this is another source for land use and diversifying one lack of bonus monies and/ or additional opportunities for us to wise up and evaluate our one in a lifetime opportunities in my opinion. I did not get the full jest of Carol's location on Old Waelder Road, but I drove Old Waelder Road, CR 456 and noted a few addresses tonight 4205,3419 Old Waelder Road and Doublegate & Old Waelder Road is all around the I-10 East Park Area. Is this where Carol's Ranch lands are? Who did Carol state is either the Operator and/ or Oil Company? I know she stated that OGM is the brokerage/landman. And, who is the Attorney that she is using and/ or who is a good Oil & Gas Attorney(ies) beside Mike Steinhauser of Flatonia, Texas? So, It seems that everything might seem quiet at this time, but I see and hear of activity inching forward, but North of Lavaca, Gonzales, and into Fayette Counties. Do anyone know of any meetings, and groups for our area of interest for the Austin Chalk or Eagle Ford Shale Play? Texas A&M Extension in Gonzales County will host a series of meetings to include education on opportunities and instant wealth in January 2012, because I understand that Gonzales grew is efforts some 640% increase, because of the exploration. Now, Dwight Sexton is the Extension Agent for Gonzales County and he is working hard to put these efforts together, just as Karnes Extension held successful Instant Wealth Sections in the past which are most beneficial for us all.

Thanks,

Charles

GOOD AFTERNOON, just reading the latest mail...I read about the 3 year lease terms ..was that proposed or was someone asking for that amount ?? I will move my lease agreement to another attorny in the area..the one I spoke to was so busy that I couldn't get it out until after the first of the year and it looks as though I might be negotiating alittle more if someone is taking a 3 year lease...does anyone know how may companies are pursuing leases in the area ???,...thanks again for all the information..please keep it coming...May the Lord's favor and blessings be upon all....

Bigfoot said:

Charles:

Glad you are back, I was going into withdrawls! All joking aside, I was beginning to believe my computer link had failed until Don answered yesterday. I can relate to the computer problems. For some reason when I scanned in a document and when I saved one of the old Word Lease documents, my computer would not let me open the document or delete it from my computer. I took the desktop to the shop and was without it for over a week. While it was in and out of the shop, had to use a inexpensive ACER tablet. Wow what a difference in workability.

You put a lot of information in this post and it all sounds good and informative. As I stated last week, quite a few of us North of you have given a verbal commitment to a flipper. It is strictly verbal at: 3/23.5% & $1500. No real lease talk and I don't really expect any; but, my suspician is that 2012 will be very positive.

Thanks

All,

Had issues with my computer, whereas HP repaired 11 things on it in CA and it only took one week; most appreciative. Now, I want have to use the android with the little key pad! Hope, all anticipating the big news in 2012 in and around the Gonzales & Fayette Counties areas! I've just spoken with the folks behind the Crabb Ranch off Cal Maine Road for Southern Bay who is drilling a total of 14,000', whereas they will drill approx. 8,500' then approx. 5,500' horizontal. They told me that they might drill approx. 1 mile in any direction out from that point and that they have been asked to drill numerous unknown points (wells) while in the area for Southern Bay, but they would not disclose those points, but assured me that when a standing operation is set up in the very near future, we would know because we then could walk in and sign leases directly without going through a third party landman, would deal directly with the company. They continued to exclaim that the Barnet Shale operates in this fashion with royalty owners who aren't leased and that they are being told that there is a lot of work and drilling to be done in the Flatonia area too! Now, they tell me they came in on a Tuesday and by last Saturday they were in full operation and will be looking for the additional drilling opportunities soon! Crabb Ranch is beginning to become more uniformed and they are burning the natural gas because I'm told they are only interested in Eagle Ford Shale oil and the natural gas isn't cost effective at this time. Again, people it seems that they are after the crude, sweet oil! It seems that smaller oil companies are diversifying and getting into other accomodating ways to the larger companies, because I was contacted about a small track of land on outside of Waelder for a RV Park and another for a Salt Water operation for restoring fracked water this week. I understand that the Salt Water Operations are something that is up and running throughout the Eagle Ford Shale Play. So, this is another source for land use and diversifying one lack of bonus monies and/ or additional opportunities for us to wise up and evaluate our one in a lifetime opportunities in my opinion. I did not get the full jest of Carol's location on Old Waelder Road, but I drove Old Waelder Road, CR 456 and noted a few addresses tonight 4205,3419 Old Waelder Road and Doublegate & Old Waelder Road is all around the I-10 East Park Area. Is this where Carol's Ranch lands are? Who did Carol state is either the Operator and/ or Oil Company? I know she stated that OGM is the brokerage/landman. And, who is the Attorney that she is using and/ or who is a good Oil & Gas Attorney(ies) beside Mike Steinhauser of Flatonia, Texas? So, It seems that everything might seem quiet at this time, but I see and hear of activity inching forward, but North of Lavaca, Gonzales, and into Fayette Counties. Do anyone know of any meetings, and groups for our area of interest for the Austin Chalk or Eagle Ford Shale Play? Texas A&M Extension in Gonzales County will host a series of meetings to include education on opportunities and instant wealth in January 2012, because I understand that Gonzales grew is efforts some 640% increase, because of the exploration. Now, Dwight Sexton is the Extension Agent for Gonzales County and he is working hard to put these efforts together, just as Karnes Extension held successful Instant Wealth Sections in the past which are most beneficial for us all.

Thanks,

Charles

Hello all,

Was there any success in whether or not companies are looking toward the J.D. Moore Estate which touches both Hwy 90 and FM-1680 (a.k.a. Old Waelder to Moulton Road), or down by Andrew Chapel thru to Mouton? Any leads would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Barbara

Carol:

As I said in my post, the numbers I gave were all in a 30 day written commitment agreement that we were asked the day before Thanksgiving to sign and put back in their hands by the upcoming Saturday. Since I knew nothing about the person or company (Divine Resources) I balked and asked all the people in my group to balk as well at signing anything without having Mike see it first. When a number of us balked at signing the document, we were told that a verbal commitment would be O.K. And like you said, the local attorneys are busy guys right now. The verbal discussions were that Divine Resources were working for four different oil companies that needed to spend some money by the EOY. Again, I knew that if we got into a real discussion, no lease that I was involved in could be agreed upon and signed by both parties before the EOY. It remains to be seen if we ever talk to anyone again; but, it was worth the effort just to "get the juices" flowing again.

In addition to all this, "remember" the upfront money is nice and just one elwment of the whole puzzle. As the old story goes" a bird in the hand is worthe two in the bush"! I think that all of want to have a hole punched in the ground. The quicker the better. Holding out for more bonus money, although important, is not as important as where the real $$$$ are (a producing well). Now for the 3 years vs. 3/2 or 5. I have one 5 year lease but I don't believe I will ever sign another lease greater than 3 years. What we are seeing right now is that all wells being drilled are at the end of a lease agreement. I don't want to wait for 5 years on another lease.

Have fun!

Here is the area (outlined in orange) that I am concerned with... I have indicated FM-1680 by using blue.

Barbara Sample said:

Hello all,

Was there any success in whether or not companies are looking toward the J.D. Moore Estate which touches both Hwy 90 and FM-1680 (a.k.a. Old Waelder to Moulton Road), or down by Andrew Chapel thru to Mouton? Any leads would be wonderful.

Thank you,

Barbara

Thanks for the update. My understanding is that these guys are having trouble finding enough rigs to drill these deep wells so they are using a smaller rig to punch a verticle. This holds the lease for awhile depending on the lease provisions. Along with the verticle, they gather some important information as well as holding the acerage. Also, on the lines of holding acreage, there are a lot of leases that expire or at least up for the option years. By drilling the verticle they kill a number of birds with one stone. What you said earlier is another reason for not signing a leasse for more than 3 years. We "ain't" getting any younger.

Keep us posted.

Thanks

Charles ---- Barb:

Thanks again for sharing. This type of open discussion is a gateway to better things to happen. All indicators point to a great 2012. The Muldoon Cherry EF wells are still producing about 500 bbls/day combined. Southern Bay should start fracking the EF well West of Bitner Road this week. The rign is still standing at the Arnim well off 609 and the scuttlebut is that they have now drilled to the Edwards. Why the rig is still standing is anyone's guess. At $25,000/day, I would think they would get in gear. However, if Southern Bay in fact owns this rig, the expenses may not be this high. We'll just wait and see.

Barb:

Charles was the one to answer your e-mail. He, by-far, has more knowledge of this area than the rest of us. Stay tuned and send an e-mail if necessary.

Thanks

Bigfoot

tHANKS FOR THE REPLY, MOVED THE PROPOSED LEASE TO ATTORNEYS OFFICE TODAY...MAY SPEAK TO HIM TOMMORROW ...HE SAID HE HAD A PREVIOUS LEASE FOR THIRTEEN FIFTY AN ACRE ...I BELEIVE HE SAID 3 YEARS AND IT WAS SIGNED SEALED AND ACCEPTED..I DON'T THINK ANY ATTORNEY WOULD RECOMMEND A FIVE YEAR LEASE ...IT'S GETTING NEAR THE END OF THE YEAR AND I REALLY WANTED TO MAKE SOME PURCHASES OF "NEEDED" ITEMS FOR TAX WRITE OFF THIS YEAR BUT TIME IS TICKING ...WOULD LIKE THE WAIT UNTIL FIRST OF YEAR FOR MY CHECK BUT WHATEVER HAPPENS IS HOW I WILL GO....MAY KNOW MORE BY THE END OF THE WEEK...THANKS FOR THE UPDATE...GB

Bigfoot said:

Carol:

As I said in my post, the numbers I gave were all in a 30 day written commitment agreement that we were asked the day before Thanksgiving to sign and put back in their hands by the upcoming Saturday. Since I knew nothing about the person or company (Divine Resources) I balked and asked all the people in my group to balk as well at signing anything without having Mike see it first. When a number of us balked at signing the document, we were told that a verbal commitment would be O.K. And like you said, the local attorneys are busy guys right now. The verbal discussions were that Divine Resources were working for four different oil companies that needed to spend some money by the EOY. Again, I knew that if we got into a real discussion, no lease that I was involved in could be agreed upon and signed by both parties before the EOY. It remains to be seen if we ever talk to anyone again; but, it was worth the effort just to "get the juices" flowing again.

In addition to all this, "remember" the upfront money is nice and just one elwment of the whole puzzle. As the old story goes" a bird in the hand is worthe two in the bush"! I think that all of want to have a hole punched in the ground. The quicker the better. Holding out for more bonus money, although important, is not as important as where the real $$$$ are (a producing well). Now for the 3 years vs. 3/2 or 5. I have one 5 year lease but I don't believe I will ever sign another lease greater than 3 years. What we are seeing right now is that all wells being drilled are at the end of a lease agreement. I don't want to wait for 5 years on another lease.

Have fun!

Charles,

Thank you. Very well. I am to understand that the prospects of an RV park are on hold. And I do have some information trickling down the pike that the J.D. Moore Estate was approached by a landman within the last few days, but as you stated "no bonus in hand". Anyway, I will keep all abreast of goings-on in this area as best I can relate them, as I think along with Bigfoot that 2012 looks promising. Here's for this encircled area getting some of the pot.

Thank you,

Barbara

Charles Edward English said:

Barb,

Not, understanding the Moore Estate and perimeters...I'm a bit confused because I'd been told that the I-10 East, but on the Southwestquadrant were slated for an RV Park and application had been sought for permitting by unknown gentleman. The only hinderance would be the 2 TexDot easement issues. Now, I know the owner of the more than 240 acres just West of your diagramed interest along Hwy 90 West, Old Moulton Road (FM 1680), and on the westside of I-10 East...I know he has 3 companies interested, but stated no bonus in his hand! So, activity in my opinion is all around you at this present time and not sure how an Oil & Gas Company's would treat a Andrew/Wesley Chapel Cemetery for contiguous drilling efforts as I see the efforts not far from your mapping. Charles

Barbara Sample said:

Hello all,

Thank you,

Barbara

Everyone

Just wanted to let you know I have been reading all the post and keeping up. I don't have any exciting info to add. I was looking at the Moore Estate outline and realized it almost borders us on 1680. Our place starts where CR420 hits 1680 and runs almost to CR405 on I guess what is the south or west side of 1680. The 586 aces I have is tied up for another year and a half so I can't be of any help on lease terms. Has anyone heard anything on the well referenced on down 1680 across Peach Creek (Patterson Drilling, I believe it is on the Kolar property). I will tell you I have been approched for siesmic on the 586 acres. Does anyone have any names or info about the salt water reclaim operation. I agree we need to stay in communication on all that is happening. I am hoping activity heats up over in the I-10 Hwy 97 area also.

Thanks

Don