Between Waelder and Gonzales (peach creek area)

I believe it is Barrett Brothers Oil & Gas

carol Jean Barre said:

Could you guys tell me who bbog is ? and could you tell the terms and price of this lease ..? Thanks.

Charles

Thanks for the info. As I am not leased right now this is starting to sound interesting. Also have 586 acres on Peach creek on the road from Waelder to Moulton. Sounds like that area is looking good also. This acreage is leased.

Don

Charles Edward English said:

Don

Thanks. Spoke with Barrett Brothers, Geologist and yes, the Goode's were leased by them. He spoke of 3-D seismic, the Chalk, the Eagle Ford, and a deeper Edwards formation trending Northwards of their area. Furthermore, it's possible too see oil surfacing at depths of at least 2200', but otherwise one would need to perform specific work on your land to determine possibilities, there! Now, County Road 455 & 456 is approximately 3 miles Northwards of recently drilled Crabb Ranch in the James Gibson & J.S. Menefee Surveys along both Gonzales County & Fayette County Lines. I understand, a lot of activity is in this areas. Thanks.

GOOD morning I have been reading all your post and everything sounds very promising...I received a lease yesterday and will take it to an attorney on monday ...could someone inbox message me about current leases ...I want to make sure they are in line with current leases with everyone else..there seems to be more than one company interested in the area..makes sense since the chaulk wells are there that there would be some deeper play below them..I really have a good feeling in my Spirit about this area and have for a long time..I pray we all receive the blessings that the Lord has intended for us and that we are in an area where some very prolific wells are drilled and produced..GOD BLESS. OH my mineral interest fronts on Old Wealder Road adjacent to old roadside park.

Carol:

I have a bunch of leases and I don't mind sending you a copy of one of them; but, first some questions. My places are about 6-8 miles Due North of your mentioned property. One leased and another not leased.

First: Who do you plan to use as an attorney.

Second: If you lease, I would like to have a copy of your final signed lease for future reference.

Third: What is the initial offer: upfront $$/acre, % royalty & how many years for lease.

There is a lot of other important stuff that needs to go into a lease; but, this is the start.

Thanks,

Jerry Parker

Bigfoot

carol Jean Barre said:

GOOD morning I have been reading all your post and everything sounds very promising...I received a lease yesterday and will take it to an attorney on monday ...could someone inbox message me about current leases ...I want to make sure they are in line with current leases with everyone else..there seems to be more than one company interested in the area..makes sense since the chaulk wells are there that there would be some deeper play below them..I really have a good feeling in my Spirit about this area and have for a long time..I pray we all receive the blessings that the Lord has intended for us and that we are in an area where some very prolific wells are drilled and produced..GOD BLESS. OH my mineral interest fronts on Old Wealder Road adjacent to old roadside park.

Charles:

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking; however, I have leases that were developed for EOG in Cheap Side, also a Geo Southern lease and a couple that I've developed over the years. All these leases contain most of the basic stuff with some pretty tough stuff to try and prevent the oil company from stealing or stalling payment should we become fortunate enough to get a well. Obviously there are pro's and con's to different leasing strategies. A little face to face conversation with the Lessee is always helpful.

No community meetings as to my knowledge. When I leased my first place, I did all the preliminary contiguous mineral acreage work myself so I could get an oil company interested. A lot of e-mails and some meetings at my house with Landman and a few landowners. Remember, I am about 6-8 miles North of the place Carol is talking about. The Crabb Ranch well or wells will greatly affect all of our leasing or drilling as the case may be.

Keep in touch.

Thanks

Has anyone used the Texas Land and Mineral Association lease form. It seems to be pretty detailed.

Don

Bigfoot said:

Charles:

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking; however, I have leases that were developed for EOG in Cheap Side, also a Geo Southern lease and a couple that I've developed over the years. All these leases contain most of the basic stuff with some pretty tough stuff to try and prevent the oil company from stealing or stalling payment should we become fortunate enough to get a well. Obviously there are pro's and con's to different leasing strategies. A little face to face conversation with the Lessee is always helpful.

No community meetings as to my knowledge. When I leased my first place, I did all the preliminary contiguous mineral acreage work myself so I could get an oil company interested. A lot of e-mails and some meetings at my house with Landman and a few landowners. Remember, I am about 6-8 miles North of the place Carol is talking about. The Crabb Ranch well or wells will greatly affect all of our leasing or drilling as the case may be.

Keep in touch.

Thanks

No, I'm not familiar with this lease; however, I wouldn't mind seeing one. The lease that I signed with Geo Southern was one developed by my attorney and I. He already had a lease that he and Geo Southern had been back and forth on and came to an agreement since he was doing a lot of their leases. I took his lease and interlaced my personal lease and worked with the Geo Southern landman to get agreement. Once we got agreement, I gave it back to my attorney and all of us in my Landowner group (over 1200 acres) signed through the attorney. One thing is for sure. Most attorneys and no oil company wants these leases filed in the court house for all eyes to see, so they file a Memorandum of the lease. Basically; names, location and acres and time. That's all that will show up in the court house. That way they can keep the land/mineral owners in the dark. That's why we need to keep these discussions going. I just read a note on one of the forums last night where the mineral owner still had not gotten any payment for production and it had been over 180 days since they started shipping oil out. I've already been through this route one time and don't want to have to do it again.

Bigfoot

If you give me your email address and I will send you a copy of the lease. You can compare it to the one you have and see how it stacks up. I have a copy of another lease that is about 50 pages long that was used down in south Tx.

Don

Bigfoot said:

No, I'm not familiar with this lease; however, I wouldn't mind seeing one. The lease that I signed with Geo Southern was one developed by my attorney and I. He already had a lease that he and Geo Southern had been back and forth on and came to an agreement since he was doing a lot of their leases. I took his lease and interlaced my personal lease and worked with the Geo Southern landman to get agreement. Once we got agreement, I gave it back to my attorney and all of us in my Landowner group (over 1200 acres) signed through the attorney. One thing is for sure. Most attorneys and no oil company wants these leases filed in the court house for all eyes to see, so they file a Memorandum of the lease. Basically; names, location and acres and time. That's all that will show up in the court house. That way they can keep the land/mineral owners in the dark. That's why we need to keep these discussions going. I just read a note on one of the forums last night where the mineral owner still had not gotten any payment for production and it had been over 180 days since they started shipping oil out. I've already been through this route one time and don't want to have to do it again.

Don:

Wow:

I've not seen a lease over about 10-12 pages, so this must be a comprehensive monster. I bet oil companies will shy away from a lease this complete unless they are hot on the trail of something "big".

My E-mail address is: jmpranch@yahoo.com

I have a few leases in my computer files and if you would like to see some of them, let me know. Everyone needs to be open; but, I hesitate to put these on open forum.

Thanks,

Jerry

Don,

Could use the view and examples for future Oil & Gas opportunities. My email is ceenglish2006@yahoo.com. Thanks

Don Purswell said:

Bigfoot

If you give me your email address and I will send you a copy of the lease. You can compare it to the one you have and see how it stacks up. I have a copy of another lease that is about 50 pages long that was used down in south Tx.

Don

Bigfoot said:

Enjoyed reading all these wonderful emails..I would like a copy of this LONG lease also..if you could send one to me ...my underscore key is out so I will spell underscore in the email...carolunderscorebarre at yahoo.com..thanks and so appreciate all your effeorts and will keEp you posted if I have any information for all of you ...thanks again ....praying for GOD'S FAVOR AND BLESSINGS FOR ALL !

Don, thanks and Bigfoot, I agree, however I'm a landowner with mineral interest in this same vacinity. And, I appreciate everything. Will review everything, later. Thanks, a million, all.

Charles

Charles:

I just read you note to Carol. Two questions from that note.

1. How does ZAZA and SCOUT Energy tie together. The Crabb Ranch Lease sign has ZaZa on it, not Scout. I realize these guys all partner up; but, just interested because last year about August, my attorney kept telling me that Scout (his pick of the moment) was moving North from the I-10 corridor and for me to just hang on since I am North of there. Then all of a sudden they just quit leasing so I leased my most easterly place along Hwy 95 to Geo Southern. I still have one place that is not leased; but, it is about 3 miles west of the leased place. At that time they seemed to be only interested in minerals east of Hwy 95. At least in my area.

2. About how far from Waelder or Flatonia are these Old Waelder Road numbers you quoted and where in relation to the Armstrong Colony cutoff which intersects Old Waelder Rd. At least I think I'm correct. I can look them up on Google; but, not sure if they match

Thanks

Charles:

Well done! I wasn't expecting this much detail; but, this is perfect information. When I come back from the Crabb site, I come back home through Armstrong Colony. I'm almost Due North of there.

Hello Charles, yes my mineral interest lies just north of the roadside park via I 10..
fronts on old waelder road...my lease is in the attornys office but I don't know what the final negotations will be concerning my lease..when did pay 1400 for a lease and who paid if you don't mind me asking ?..i need to inform my attorney if he doesn't know what is being paid..he will probably confer with someone in the area who knows what is currently being paid for leases in the area ..ogm is handling the lease...thanks for all your information...GOD BLESS !

Carol,

Amen! The exciting thing, is you have a lease in hand! Congratulation
! And, cannot offer an attorney in the immediate area for important use. Is, Old Roadside Park in the 5000 - 10000 Block of Old Waelder Road? Or, the Rest Area at I-10? Who is the Operator? Is, it ZaZa Energy? Thanks.

carol Jean Barre said:

O.K. Guys:

From our discussions, I've been seeing where there is some new interest in leasing around Waelder and Old Waelder Road and out toward Saturn. Last evening one of the landowners in my local group called and said they had gotten a visit from a lady (Landman) wanting to get some (we don't know how many) land/mineral owners to sign a 30 committmentagreement letter while they are researching the property for an upcoming oil company lease.

The area they are trying to get an agreement on is about 6-8 miles North of Waelder.

The landman is working for Divine Resources and they want the letter signed by this afternoon. We all know that won't happen; but, has anyone heard of these people. I tried to research this group on Google and anything I could find that resembled their name and was associated with oil/gas or financial wasn't very positive. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don:

I just got my desktop computer back yesterday. Took 5 hours to get everything installed and back working the way it is supposed to and then yahoo mail didn't want to cooperate. Will look through the lease this afternoon.

I just sent a note through for discussion. In case you don't see the note, there seems to be some interest in leasing property in our area about 6-8 miles North of Waelder. The person that is working our area met with one of the landowners yesterday and presented a 30 committment letter to be signed by this afternoon. Lease terms are good; but, this hurry up stuff gives me cold chills. The company is Divine Resources. Probably a front group or maybe a flipper. Your thoughts!

Jerry

Don Purswell said:

Not sure where old waelder rd is. Is your property close to hwy 97, IH10 area

Don

carol Jean Barre said:

PLEASE refresh my memory..where is 2814 ? Been gone from there along time...I have property on old wealder road and was wondering if activity has picked up for leasing in that area..I have around one hundred fifty areas with 100 per cent interest and 160 aces with 1/4 interest and then another 160 approx. acres with fifty percent interest...it is located around the old interstate 10 "park" area...thanks for your reply and the new area of discussion...GOD BLESS.

Hello Charles, just rereading some old mail ...was looking for the one about the 1400 dollar per acre lease...do you have any idea who paid the 1400 per acre...I will talk with my lawyer on Monday and thought I could shed some light on this issue...do you know if 1400 was the most paid for any lease in that area ?...over here in DeWitt county they are paying as much as 4000 per acre...not trying to be greedy but don't want to leave any dollars on the table...thanks for all your help ...GOD'S BLESSINGS AND FAVOR TO YOU.

Bigfoot,

2. The blocks mentioned are approximately 3 miles Northeast of Waelder and 6 miles Northwest of Flatonia, whereas Hwy 90 connects to Old Waelder Road and Northwards of I-10 East. And, Armstrong Colony is a reference point for the area to include Old Waelder Road
upto Hwy 90 East and this both includes the 4000 and 5000 blocks of Old Waelder Road and the area mostly has leased for
purposes discussed for Muldoon fields. However, the Mt. Olive Church is north of Old Waelder Rd approx. 2 miles and this is where the line crosses from Gonzales to Fayette County
leases paid $1,400.00 per acre.

Charles

i
Bigfoot said:

Charles:

I just read you note to Carol. Two questions from that note.

1. How does ZAZA and SCOUT Energy tie together. The Crabb Ranch Lease sign has ZaZa on it, not Scout. I realize these guys all partner up; but, just interested because last year about August, my attorney kept telling me that Scout (his pick of the moment) was moving North from the I-10 corridor and for me to just hang on since I am North of there. Then all of a sudden they just quit leasing so I leased my most easterly place along Hwy 95 to Geo Southern. I still have one place that is not leased; but, it is about 3 miles west of the leased place. At that time they seemed to be only interested in minerals east of Hwy 95. At least in my area.

2. About how far from Waelder or Flatonia are these Old Waelder Road numbers you quoted and where in relation to the Armstrong Colony cutoff which intersects Old Waelder Rd. At least I think I'm correct. I can look them up on Google; but, not sure if they match

Thanks

Jerry

I haven't heard of any of this. I asked around about Devine but no one was familar with them. Keep me posted on anything you hear.

Don
Bigfoot said:

Don:

I just got my desktop computer back yesterday. Took 5 hours to get everything installed and back working the way it is supposed to and then yahoo mail didn't want to cooperate. Will look through the lease this afternoon.

I just sent a note through for discussion. In case you don't see the note, there seems to be some interest in leasing property in our area about 6-8 miles North of Waelder. The person that is working our area met with one of the landowners yesterday and presented a 30 committment letter to be signed by this afternoon. Lease terms are good; but, this hurry up stuff gives me cold chills. The company is Divine Resources. Probably a front group or maybe a flipper. Your thoughts!

Jerry

Don Purswell said:

Don

carol Jean Barre said:

PLEASE refresh my memory..where is 2814 ? Been gone from there along time...I have property on old wealder road and was wondering if activity has picked up for leasing in that area..I have around one hundred fifty areas with 100 per cent interest and 160 aces with 1/4 interest and then another 160 approx. acres with fifty percent interest...it is located around the old interstate 10 "park" area...thanks for your reply and the new area of discussion...GOD BLESS.

Will try to speak to attorney today about the offer ...attorneys seems really busy....would love to know who paid the 1400 per acre if anyone knows...thanks for all the wonderful information...GOD BLESS !

Don:

I still don't know much more than I did when I sent this message out; however, I have put together a couple of thousand acres, met with the Divine Resources lady, colored in the properties on her map and are waiting for her response. After talking to her, I came to the conclusion that she is a person that just decided to jump into the game. Evidently she has been talking to some oil people/companies that have some dollars to spend before the end of the year and this area is beginning to look promising. She isn't a "landman" or an oil company. The name Divine Resources is just a company name she is using. I don't know what the company naming process is; but, it's no big operation. She may have a lot of contacts which remains to be seen. She may "stirr the pot" enough to get leasing opportunities rolling again. I still believe everything is still waiting on the Crabb Ranch wells to come on line. I was by there yesterday and they are still fiddling around. A grader was there doing some leveling of the pad. Production tree piping still hasn't been hooked up and I don't see any sign of a gas/oil water treater or separator yet. They may be waiting on a gas line tie-in. Who knows; but, they don't seem to be in any hurry to do anything. Not too different from the Southern Bay wells North of Flatonia.

Now for the Old Waelder Road location. This is a gravel road that runs parallel to the North Side of I-10. It starts a couple of miles West of Flatonia and goes West for about 4 miles, then intersects another road (can't remember the number) that turns South over I-10 and then intersects old hwy 90.

Don Purswell said:

Jerry

I haven't heard of any of this. I asked around about Devine but no one was familar with them. Keep me posted on anything you hear.

Don
Bigfoot said:

Don:

Jerry

Don Purswell said:

Don

carol Jean Barre said:

GOOD MORNING AGAIN, THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY UPDATES...IS THERE A GROUP THAT MEETS FOR WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE AREA ?.....I WOULD INTERESTED IN ATTENDING IF THAT HAPPENS....THANK YOU.

Bigfoot said:

O.K. Guys:

From our discussions, I've been seeing where there is some new interest in leasing around Waelder and Old Waelder Road and out toward Saturn. Last evening one of the landowners in my local group called and said they had gotten a visit from a lady (Landman) wanting to get some (we don't know how many) land/mineral owners to sign a 30 committmentagreement letter while they are researching the property for an upcoming oil company lease.

The area they are trying to get an agreement on is about 6-8 miles North of Waelder.

The landman is working for Divine Resources and they want the letter signed by this afternoon. We all know that won't happen; but, has anyone heard of these people. I tried to research this group on Google and anything I could find that resembled their name and was associated with oil/gas or financial wasn't very positive. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks