Bent County, CO - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Dean & friend Thanks, Our steaks cooked medium rare and wells too! She is in a line. Brown looks waiting to me when I went down & saw it capped & the property ready in Jan. We are 5 to 6 miles south & a tad east of Brown. Private Property Pipelines are being built now & then. hope salt water is still an asset to wells! Natural gas & new truck engines.

Saudi Arabia is below 20% oil left, whatever that means to a warm harbor & Putin!

Dan & Friends; I know activity and interest levels by the investors are low now....but all it will take would be a strike of about any size (without unmanageable water) and they would be back. Engineer told us that in a larger drill field, the water quantity found on Brown's could be manageable (cost wise) but with only one well; it is a problem. Correct me if I am wrong on that assumption.

Dean, you are NOT wrong and making US feel more positive! Near Greeley & Hudson Colo. natural gas wells are being drilled about every mile now. The new 8 packs are going in with gas pipelines! For US in Bent County, our patience can also be a virtue. I understand the mineral rights were bought for 5 years + a 5 year extension. Please correct me if I am wrong on my assumptions! Thanks for helping an old senile male.

On 13th (see post below) I started searching for any landmen interested in buying mineral rights outright (not leasing) for a friend. We both made calls to a list of about 6 who had been active back when they bought up virtually all of SEColorado. I am here to report that we found no body interested in buying. Only prospect for drilling seems to be north of John Martin Reservoir and I have not verified with the land owner (who I located through another friend) where they were told drilling would start “in the spring” whenever that is. Will let you know if that has been scratched or is still in the plans.

On 13th (see post below) I started searching for any landmen interested in buying mineral rights outright (not leasing) for a friend. We both made calls to a list of about 6 who had been active back when they bought up virtually all of SEColorado. I am here to report that we found no body interested in buying. Only prospect for drilling seems to be north of John Martin Reservoir and I have not verified with the land owner (who I located through another friend) where they were told drilling would start “in the spring” whenever that is. Will let you know if that has been scratched or is still in the plans.

Does any one know if they have brought the Brown well back on line yet? or is it still shut in.

I have heard nothing on the Brown well activity but will ask around; I know a couple of folks who would know more than I on that.

thanks for the info

Dean, shoot me a PM. I may be interested in your acreage.