Bent County, CO - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hello all. My mother received a letter from Roxanne Nolan regarding mineral leasing. My mother was under the assumption that her uncle sold this land a long time ago (Mom got it when Grandma died). Is it possible that he sold the land but not the mineral rights? I did a quick google check using the land description and all I found was some legal stuff for a Jim Snyder who was fined and taken to court for not doing something or another when he drilled a well - not protecting the aquifer or something.

Anyways - big question who is this Roxanne and why does she want the mineral rights to Mom's land? Is this something people do?

I believe Roxanne Nolan is a leasing agent, but I can't remember for what company off hand. It possible that there was a reservation of all or a portion of the mineral rights when the land was sold. Bent County, especially northern Bent County, has seen activity for leasing which is probably the reason for the contact to your family. However, you should be careful as there are offers out there to purchase rather than lease which is a much different ball game.

The information in this article is for general information purposes only. This article should not be substituted for legal advice and should not be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or reading this article does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to contact an attorney for legal advice concerning the information provided in this article.

Yes! Roxanne Nolan is a leasing agent that worked for land and mineral co. of Texas. She may have approached you with the Company she represents. Your chances for a fair deal lie in the information you gather on the subject of leasing.

My family has Mineral Rights in SE Bent County, yes we have had an offer and have received a bonus check. We were offer $125 a acre. We have not heard anything else. We went through Tracker Services which seems pretty fair. Has anyone heard what Oil Company is working out that way?

Glad you got a check. Is an oil co working out there?. It would be nice to find out if anything is going on and what Co. is doing it.

Thanks,

Dan McAuliffe

I am looking for someone that can do title work for me in Bent County, CO. I have a royalty deed which I inherited and need to find out if it's valid, as I haven't received any tax notices from the assessor's office. I called the assessor's office & they suggested I find a landman or atty that can do research on it. Would prefer someone locally from Bent County to cut down on expenses. If interested, please reply to j.mowdy@gmail.com. Thank you.

Jordan what kind of interest are they given for the leases 3/16, 1/5, 1/4 or other?

If you want to email me or phone me or I can do the same and we can talk. I am also cautious and don't join anything I don't research first. Raymond Turner

A lot of new Gas wells & pipe being put in by Greeley, Colo.

Anything being done or started in Bent County?

Dan

understand there has been some drilling going on in bent county does anybody know who is doing the drilling and what's the going rates are now?

I am wondering if there is anything going on in South East Bent County. We haven't heard anything since we got the lease check. Do you know if they are doing any drilling out there.

The Brown well is being drilled I don't know the sec. township or the range

Look at this link: http://cogcc.state.co.us/COGIS/DrillingPermitsList.cfm Brown 28-24-49 to the Atoka NENE 28-24Sā€“49-W Iā€™m not sure where this is located in the county. Does anyone know? Is this well still drilling or is it completed?

still drilling so I been told

Does anybody know if the rig is still up on the Brown well.

In trying to locate new drilling permits I am checking out the COGIS logs for Bent County but do not know the three digit code number for Bent County. Where can I find the key to these county codes.

Hope you find the county codes. Does the county office provide new drilling permit info near the Brown well? Brown (oper. No. 10431)

API No. 05-011-06200-00

Bent Co. This is No. 1

The rig on the Brown well sec 28 -24-49 in Bent Co. is down and the well has been fracked and tanks set but don't know what kind of production. Been told it is still under evaluation .

Hi Carolyn and Raymond, Thanks for your input. I did find the Bent County code for the COGIS data base and it is 011. Seems there has been very little (almost none) activity in terms of applications for drilling permits recently. If some production comes from the Brown well, that could stimulate more activity. Thanks again guys, this is a great group.

Does anyone know of any activity/leasing in Bent,33-25-52

Thanks