Barnett Shale Acreage

Where can I find out mineral rights ownership in the Barnett Shale region. I know someone who claims to own 200K acres but for some reason is just now getting around to sell them, is this possible?

County clerk. It is possible since some areas around here are just starting to be leased, and a lot of the cities (e.g. Flower Mound, Lewisville, Colleyville) are slowing down in their permits due to environmental concerns.

The Barnett Shale in the Ft.Worth Basin encompasses 17 plus Counties. The “Core” areas are Denton, Wise and Tarrant County. The drilling activity is now moving west and south in Johnson and Hill Counties. What County or Counties are you referring too where this property is for sale? Are you interested in buying property with the minerals or purchasing only the minerals? If you know the name of the owner and the County the property is located in I would access the Appraisal District and start there. Otherwise you would need to go to the County Courthouse and do the research.

I don’t know where the poperty is located. They are claiming they have the mineral rights to over 200K acres.

Mike Igau said:

The Barnett Shale in the Ft.Worth Basin encompasses 17 plus Counties. The “Core” areas are Denton, Wise and Tarrant County. The drilling activity is now moving west and south in Johnson and Hill Counties. What County or Counties are you referring too where this property is for sale? Are you interested in buying property with the minerals or purchasing only the minerals? If you know the name of the owner and the County the property is located in I would access the Appraisal District and start there. Otherwise you would need to go to the County Courthouse and do the research.

Would this be in Bee county Texas

Paula: No Bee County is in the S TX region. The Barnett Shale if in N Central Texas encompassing Counties N and S of Ft Worth, in the Ft Worth Basin.
Paula Jeanne Counter said:

Would this be in Bee county Texas

Oh ok thank you. Ive got some leases in Beeville, Texas in Bee County. I’ve tried to find out as much as I can because I had a offer of Three Thousand dollars for the rights, before this I had no offers and little money coming in maybe $50.00 in a year.

Paula: If your mineral property is around Beeville it has some oil and gas production and a lot of abandoned wells also. In the far NW corner of Bee County there is exploration going on in the EagleFord formation but that may be the eastern most fringe of the play. Not knowing more specifically where your minerals are located, in distance and direction from Beeville, it is hard to assess the activity. Oil seems to be the preference right now. I would not be inclined to sell my minerals but to wait for offers to lease the minerals but not sell the mineral rights if that is what you had in mind. This would be a judgement call. It appears you had an offer to purchase a producing mineral property. These offers are typically pennies on the dollar value. Also a mineral owner has to be very careful in selling mineral rights. There are Countywide Conveyances that are sneaked into a purchase offer that would include all mineral properties you own in the County. Be careful.

Oh ok thank you. Ive got some leases in Beeville, Texas in Bee County. I’ve tried to find out as much as I can
because I had a offer of Three Thousand dollars for the rights, before this I had no offers and little money coming
in maybe $50.00 in a year.

Thank you Mike for your input. You are the third person to tell me to hold on to them so I think I will. Is it true that Obama has put a hold on the oil production’s in the water? I’m not sure where the wells are. It’s district 2 Field MUDHILL(HOCKEY)Lease name ODEM Lease# 007273 County Bee. Crude oill Value 670,535. I also have two more on the same land. Its Berger and STRAUCH W#1.

Paula: I have done some research on your wells and location. The three wells I checked production on are producing minimal amounts, although steady. The oil wells are producing a few barrels daily and the gas well is producing a minimal amount of gas and about 8 barrels of condensate per day. The wells as I can detect are around the township of Tuleta NW of Beeville. Now, I checked one of the geologic maps of the EagleFord trend and we know the trend extends at least to the far NW of Bee County. If we can trust the mapping accuracy, it does show the dry gas zone of the EagleFord being very close to your mineral property. With this data I would certainly be inclined to hold on to my minerals. It may not be just coincidental that your getting offers to purchase your mineral rights.

Thank you Mike for your input. You are the third person to tell me to hold on to them so I think I will. Is it true that Obama has put a hold on the oil production’s in the water? I’m not sure where the wells are. It’s district 2 Field MUDHILL(HOCKEY)Lease name ODEM Lease# 007273 County Bee. Crude oill Value 670,535. I also have two more
on the same land. Its Berger and STRAUCH W#1.

Thanks Mike for being honest, I will hold on to it and just see what happens.

I saw Paula J Counter’s post. Who is operating Odem 7273 and how to contact them if royalty is not being paid?