Bakken Shale - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Mr. Kennedy, thank you for your information.

Though for a good comparison I am still hoping to get per barrel Salt Water Disposal pricing information for wells in North Dakota.

That was not including transportation of the salt water. Sounds like good money.

Eastern MT, I just watched a vid of Lynn Helms and he mentioned $1 per barrel for salt water for putting it down the hole.

Mr Kennedy thank you. That is useful. I was seeking the rate for just the disposal into a well. The transportation of the salt water away from the producing wells is accounted for as a separate billing item.

MILLION DOLLAR WAY…For those who read the Million Dollar Way blogs, you might be aware that the URL was stolen by spammers thus routing users to spam sites. If you want to continue access to this website, Bruce Oksol, the website manager, states to access it via the following link>>>>http://themilliondollarway.blogspot.com

Anybody know who URSA sold out to.

Thanks.

Steve, I believe Ursa sold out to Whiting.

I recently found out that I have other mineral rights than I was aware of. I was told it is in the Yttredahl- Bakken 33-43. That is different than any other description that I am aware of. Does anyone know anything about this area?

Jane, that is a well name. It is located in McKenzie County, ND Township 154, Range 95, Section 33
Well Operator: PHILLIP D. ARMSTRONG

Janie, if there is no lease covering your minerals, I would not be in a hurry to sign one. With no lease I would request AFE, participation offers from the operators. The verticle well probably cost around $250,000 to drill or less and the long lateral Bakken well probably less than 8 million and both have long since paid for themselves.

Next time you speak to the landman, just tell him you are considering participating or a farmout deal or selling your AFE to individual who wants to participate. The landman should sit up straight in his chair when he hears that. He probably will not send the AFE right away because if you decide not to lease, the operator makes very little money.

In all of this I have still never been contacted by a landman, however, this is very good advice and I will use it when the time comes.

Thanks again for all you do.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I’m a bit taken aback by the well operator being a person, not an oil company. While I have become quite comfortable speaking to the various oil companies, I am uncertain how to call up a “guy” and tell him I own mineral rights to his well.

Janie:

I believe that this operator is based in Minot, ND. This is a business operator that just uses his own name instead of John Doe Oil Co. Google this and get the phone # and give this business a call as they can provide some info regarding your matter.

Janie, there is an excellent well drilled by XTO 287,620 barrels through October from it’s IP date of 6-21-2009, CHARLSON 44-33H. A long lateral Bakken well that you should be sharing in.

The USA YTTREDAHL has produced 151,458 barrels oil through October but only 72 barrels in October, it has slowed considerably since it’s IP date of 8-21-1976.

Thank you so much for the information.

How do I go about making such a request?

Cynthia,

I too have minerals near the area that you describe. Mine are leased to Continental at the present time and will be for another three years. To answer your question, your options at the present time with oil prices at near bottom, drilling rigs stacked, investors worried about the longivity of this downturn, I would say to sit and wait till a landman contacts you and make sure that your contact info is current at the County Clerk office. Good luck and hope it’s not too many months until things begin to adjust in our direction.

Cynthia,

First your question regarding an AFE. This stands for “Authority For Expenditure”, which is a document that itemizes the cost of drilling a well. Second, your question about the leasing in Dawson County, MT. Unfortunately, I have no idea about the activity in and around Dawson County area and any response would only be a guess. You might want to post under the Dawson County site and possibly someone owning minerals in the area could respond to that question. Good luck.

Have mineral rights in Richland County, T26n-R59e Section 4, lease is to expire this year. Does anyone know if there any activity around this area? Also, what can I expect for offers in leasing now that the price of oil has fallen.