Anderson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Mike,

That's a hard question to answer without knowing what area of Anderson County you are referring to. Quite a bit of activity taking place in the Northern part of Anderson County. O'Benco is drilling some decent Rodessa wells in that area. What is the Section and Abstract # you are interested in? Alan Herrington and John Cundieff are very knowledgeable on what's going on in Anderson County as far as bonus and royalty numbers. Possibly they will chime in and can help answer your question......

Clint Liles

Clint, how about in the area of A-830, FM Weathered Survey and A-744, J Sinclair Survey?

Good Morning Mike,

Next door to the South of A-830 is where O'Benco is proposing to drill a well so I would wait until this well is drilled before I would consider leasing.

http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=WOLF%2BCREEK%2BUNIT&univDocNo=490506641

The Rodessa Formation is producing some good oil/gas wells in this area for O'Benco.

Clint Liles

Mike - You still looking for info on lease bonus amount?

James, yes, any info would be appreciated.

P.S.

I noticed you live in Jacksonville and belong to several county forums that I also belong to. I also live in Jacksonville and would like to discuss some things of mutual interest. Please contact me by this forum or at johncundieff@yahoo.com

George Cato I noticed that you have an interest in the Hodges survey in Anderson Co that Jason Ruark contacted you about. I met Jason once and he and Clint Liles and myself had lunch together. My family owns the WM Bledsoe survey (640 ac with 2/3rds of the minerals) three miles west of Neches and very close to the Hodges survey. Do you still have a lease on the Hodges place? We leased back in 2011 to Graem resources but they nor EOG took the option in 2014. johncundieff@yahoo.com

John Cundieff: We leased to Graem in October, 2013. I did not agree to an option, so the lease has expired.

John: Must be getting forgetful, but don't recall Jason Ruark's contact. Is there some new interest in the area around the Hodges Survey (A-350)?

Presently I don't know of anything south of Neches, but there is some leasing activity between Frankston an Neches. I was in the Neches store Monday having lunch and a friend came in and we started talking oil stuff and he mentioned there was going to be a new drill just east of town. He owns a trucking company and does a lot of oil field hauling. I asked him if he thought the Mathis well drilled by EOG would be put in production any time soon and he didn't know but this new well site is near the Mathis. This is about a mile east of Neches and not far from the Hodges survey. I'll keep hanging around the Neches store a little more and listen for some oil gossip. I think Clint Liles is about four or five times behind me in springing for our lunches and he loves the Neches store cheeseburger so I'll call him soon and get something set up.

John....Try to be nice....I've always paid my share and You have also....we both know who didn't pay and it wasn't us. And Alan and James has always paid their share also......... Careful or the Easter Bunny won't come see You this year.

Clint Liles

I keep hearing about these burger meetings in Neches - I'd love to come up from Houston one day and listen in on what is happening. Just need a little notice to make the drive

Hello Rockman...I'll make sure you get a personal invite.

Might want to wear your boots.

Clint Liles

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf