Anderson County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Susan

The Auld and Salassar surveys are about 5 miles north/ west of Palestine. The Auld survey is only about 40 acres and it is on the north side of the Sallassar survey which is probably 12 to 15 hundred acres. I have a big survey map of Anderson Co and I can make you a copy of your area if you want one, so send me your mailing address and I'll mail it to you. John

Susan

My e-mail address is johncundieff@yahoo.com should you not want your address on the public forum.

Thanks so much for the information John. I used to be in Oil and Gas but all of this is Greek to me!!

Cool Link showing the drilling activity in the area. Once opened click the map of Texas.

http://www.petroswell.com/report-archive/182-december-9-2013-weekly-texas-permit-report

http://www.petroswell.com/report-archive/182-december-9-2013-weekly-texas-permit-report

Does anyone know the location on the map of the Ware, G.W. Lease in the Bristow, T Survey?

James,

I tried pulling this up on the old RR Commission GIS Map but it does not recognize Anderson County A-109/Bristow, T Survey so maybe this will work:

Clint Liles

James,

Later I will try the old RR Commission mapping system. It's possible it could be down for maintenance.

Clint Liles

Clint,

Thanks, I tried RRC map viewer also. Earlier I found the Bristow Survey, but I couldn't figure out where the Ware, G.W. lease(571 acres) was.

James,

Several G. W. Ware Leases in this link:

http://www.texas-drilling.com/anderson-county/leases

Clint Liles

Does anyone have any experience with Supreme Energy? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks again Clint. I saw those. I own 1/16th of 53.88 acres in the T. Bristow Survey. Trying to figure out exactly where that is and how I missed out if the lease is the whole survey.

Clint,

Found those acres on the Bristow Survey. It wasn't a straight line to get there, but I got there. Thanks for the support.

Does anyone know if Eog is drilling south of Palestine

EOG has drilled two vertical service wells, the Mathis just east of Neches and the Autry nine miles west of Palestine. The Mathis well reported some positive results from the vertical test and a survey crew was on site two weeks ago, probably surveying the lateral coordinates so we expect the rig will return soon after EOG gets their horizontal permit. Presently there are no more EOG drilling permitted in the county but with a good Mathis well, this would change.

The reason I’m asking is because a man called my mom and told her she had the mineral right to a piece of property. At first he said 100 a acre but we eventually got it to 250. It’s not that much property but he said he couldn’t tell me who would be drilling. (Which was a lie). I have a buddy that lives in my rent house who does the very same thing. Any way long story short he eventually told us that EOG would be buying the lease. Has anyone heard of LH RESOURCES LLC.

Haven't heard of LH Resources LLC but a bunch of no-name companies, like Graem Resources and Kodiak Energy, have signed a lot of Anderson Co. leases in the past two years that ended up with EOG. Bonus money is nice but with the amount of activity going on I would put a lot of importance on the royalty. If you'll post some information on how many acres of minerals you are talking about and where it's located (survey and abstract # if you have it) there are people on this site who can give you an idea of what should be possible on a lease....My advice is take you time and make sure you have the right deal before making any commitment.

It’s off of cr 2136 just north of lakeview lake. It’s only about a 21 acre plot with only 16-17 acres on the lease. The guy said he already had 80% of the plot signed. It’s part of the E.G Myers survey A-48. My concern is is that there going to sell it to a wildcatter and may be they drill a dry hole and then the potential profit is destroyed. We have never done this before so we don’t know if there telling the truth about EOG or not. But the lease is for 1/5 and 250 a acre.

Where would I post this at to we if anyone else knows about where this is and what’s going on out there

EOG is by far the largest player in the county and I have heard of at least two dozen leasing companies over the last 2 & 1/2 years and only a couple were familiar to me. We leased our interest in Nov 2011 to Graem and I don't know of anyone who leased before us. We bought several hundred acres in1969 and own 2/3rds of the minerals and being one of the early birds, we only got $150 and 3/16ths. Our place is the Bledsoe survey just west of Neches and this coming Nov, the three year part of our lease will expire and I hope EOG will lease the two year option. If the Mathis well comes in, maybe they will. This was our 4th or 5th lease since we bought the place and we never got the two year option money before but with new technology the oil companies are finding oil where many old "experts" said it was all pumped out. I have a 50 year old geology degree and I can't believe what I'm seeing. But I say bring it on because I'm 77 and kind of in a hurry.

I hear ya bud. I’m trying to help my mom make the right decisions in this to try and pad her and my dads older but better years. I know there is a lot of things that could happen but just trying to help the right ones happen. Well have u made any money off of your wells